5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

If you find an IV seed on frame 1 with the IVs you want and you hit it, then yes, all you have to do is advance the PIDRNG (the stuff that determines shininess, nature, gender, what poke you encounter, etc etc). Make sure you have a pair of chatots with you and a sweet scenter.

So just swapping between the 2 chatots status screens will advance once every call correct? Sorry for all the questions, again, I'm just really new to this

Don't worry about it, ask whatever you want haha.

Yeah. Each time you flip the status screen to the chatot it advances it by 1. Also, are you RNGing wild pokes or legends? If you're doing wild pokes don't forget to do Method 5 PIDRNG and changing the encounter type to wild. If you have a synchronizer with you have that handy as well.

And click on the "calculate initial PIDRNG frame". That will tell you what frame you are currently on (PIDRNG) if you hit your IVRNG seed. From there you chat however many times until your target.

I'm RNGing wild pokes. I don't know how to change to method 5? I don't see anything that says method 5 or anything? I'm using PPRNG for mac btw.

Ok sephirona guide mentioned about entree link starting frame sometimes changing to 8.How can i make that happen?I have a flawless seed on frame 15 but....

This is C-gear entree link RNG BTW

Ok sephirona guide mentioned about entree link starting frame sometimes changing to 8.How can i make that happen?I have a flawless seed on frame 15 but....

This is C-gear entree link RNG BTW
You could try searching for a higher frame, and then answer no on the question if you want the pokemon a couple of times, it advances the frame by 26 for each no IIRC.

When using PPRNG on Mac, how can I tell what my starting PIDRNG is for wild encounters? And does the standard seed search work for wild encounters because I don't see any other options?

Ok I've honestly completely forgotten how to find my parameters, and now I'm needing to calibrate my DS again due to RNGing simply not working and me being travelling (so I can't use RNG reporter often) and uh yeah.

I've been following this process, and whatever I search for never nets any results at all. From what I remember I used to same process when I did it and it worked.

- Input MAC address etc where it goes
- Save game in Victory Road/Giant Chasm with a sweet scenter
- Set a time I choose (usually 12:00 on the current day) on the DS and RNG Reporter
- Load game, purposefully don't press anything until the shooting star appears, C-Gear off, immediately sweet scent something
- Put IVs into Serebii IV Checker, get it down to usually 5/6 as definite
- Transfer IVs into RNG reporter, and never get any results ever.

So can anyone think of somewhere I'm going wrong? I can't see anything, but then again this is me so yeah there's probably something dumb. Oh I also can't watch videos cause this laptop sucks, is my travel laptop.

It doesn't sound like you're messing up anywhere, but could you post a screenshot? It might help.

When using PPRNG on Mac, how can I tell what my starting PIDRNG is for wild encounters? And does the standard seed search work for wild encounters because I don't see any other options?
Once you've found a spread, double-click it to open it in Seed Inspector. Set the "Frame Type:" to whatever you're aiming for (Grass / Cave Encounter for this, probably), then set the PID Frame to 40 - 100. Hit Generate, you'll get a list of frames.
At this point, you'd basically hit your spread, use Sweet Scent as soon as you enter the game, catch whatever you find, then try to match its nature, gender, ESV, etc. up with one of the frames listed. If you can't find a match, repeat hitting your spread, but this time, save/view Chatot w/ recorded Chatter's summary once. Then use Sweet Scent, catch it, and try to find the sequence.

Thank you! I've been trying all day to get a response! So it's basically guess and check.. Alright, now i can finally begin. Thanks again!

EDIT: Okay. I hit the seed and the PIDRNG frame. Got the right IVs and nature, but he's not shiny? What could be wrong here?

EDIT: GOT IT :D

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thank you! I've been trying all day to get a response! So it's basically guess and check.. Alright, now i can finally begin. Thanks again!

EDIT: Okay. I hit the seed and the PIDRNG frame. Got the right IVs and nature, but he's not shiny? What could be wrong here?
you didn't hit the frame then

I have a question guise, for standard seed. I was wondering, if I'm walking to advance my IV Frame, does the encounter slot change? So I just have to hope to get lucky? And does the Synchronize or not frame change? Thanks!

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a question guise, for standard seed. I was wondering, if I'm walking to advance my IV Frame, does the encounter slot change? So I just have to hope to get lucky? And does the Synchronize or not frame change? Thanks!
two different RNGs

moving in grass advances the PIDRNG in addition to advancing the stepcounter.

I am in a different pc and i calibrate so i will have the info and hear.I calibrated 2 times and i got C7F which is different from the other pc.Is it ok to use this Timer0 in this pc?
Edit: Never mind it works perfectly

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
in dsi i can rng in B/W or never actualizate the rng reporter to rng in dsi?
You can only do the C-Gear method for RNGing.

Did I do something wrong RNGing w/ an international Ditto in B/W? I got the right IV spread but wrong nature (the nature after the spread...). I chose B/W int. breeding, Ditto parent, held everstone (Ditto has it, which is the int. parent). I'll stick to non-int. breeding since that has been working out for me so far.

You can only do the C-Gear method for RNGing.

Did I do something wrong RNGing w/ an international Ditto in B/W? I got the right IV spread but wrong nature (the nature after the spread...). I chose B/W int. breeding, Ditto parent, held everstone (Ditto has it, which is the int. parent). I'll stick to non-int. breeding since that has been working out for me so far.
Did you use chatots to advance PID Frames?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)