Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this battle I just had, this guy had a LO Jolteon (Likely the standard nature/EV's) out against my Altaria (Calm 252HP/252SpDef I believe), and he used Hidden Power. I had 101/181 HP before the attack, but I survived it with 7 HP left (which didn't matter because SS KO'ed me right after).. Can anyone tell if that was HP-Ice or not? If it was, then I need to be using Altaria more often.

tl;dr: 101-health Altaria lives through LO Jolt's HP with 7 health left, was it HP-Ice?

In this battle I just had, this guy had a LO Jolteon (Likely the standard nature/EV's) out against my Altaria (Calm 252HP/252SpDef I believe), and he used Hidden Power. I had 101/181 HP before the attack, but I survived it with 7 HP left (which didn't matter because SS KO'ed me right after).. Can anyone tell if that was HP-Ice or not? If it was, then I need to be using Altaria more often.

tl;dr: 101-health Altaria lives through LO Jolt's HP with 7 health left, was it HP-Ice?
according to serebii, altaria has a base SPdef of 105, so my guess was it was one of the following:
high powered HP rock or dragon, or a medium - low power HP ice

according to serebii, altaria has a base SPdef of 105, so my guess was it was one of the following:
high powered HP rock or dragon, or a medium - low power HP ice
Its ice. Rock wouldve done 35-41 percent while max powered ice does 70-82 percent. Its probably a low powered ice

curses... foiled again...
Celebi.
Also my tangrowth survived a flamethower from LO electross.
But seriously, nattorei is the bulky grass
Now for my question. Does Prankster make acrobat go first? Because an unscarfed landorus outsped my gengar.
NVM cuz he prolly hacked

Hey, I'd like to know the origin of the term "phazing". I know it refers to essentially forcing a poke out of battle, but where'd it come from? Is it some derivative of the move Haze?

I'm probably going to sound like a total noob asking this, but where is a thread/link to all of the smogon IRC channels?

Hey, I'd like to know the origin of the term "phazing". I know it refers to essentially forcing a poke out of battle, but where'd it come from? Is it some derivative of the move Haze?
I may be wrong, but I think it's an abbreviation of pseudo hazing. AKA, you're lowering there stats back to normal not by using the move haze but by making them switch due to roar, whirlwind, red card, or dragon tail.

my team consists of the following:
Swampert, Haxorus, Salamence, Cloyster and a Zoroark, what is recomended to be #6 in my team?

M'kay, I have a question on Dream World mechanics. Say I go in, harvest some berries, send them over to my game and then wake up my mon, since I didn't use my full hour, will I be able to tuck him back in and go back for the remaining period or no?

Do you think down the punctuation of the suspect? there are only 7 people with +1450. What would be the new punctuation if so?

M'kay, I have a question on Dream World mechanics. Say I go in, harvest some berries, send them over to my game and then wake up my mon, since I didn't use my full hour, will I be able to tuck him back in and go back for the remaining period or no?
no ive tried that, you can tuck it back in but you gotta wait another 24 hours but get a new hour

So, I run this in Random Matchup:

Skarmory @ White Herb
Jolly
Weak Armor
252Atk/4Def/252Spe
Swords Dance
Roost
Brave Bird
Feint

I think BB + Roost on DW Skarm is illegal (BB is egg move, Roost isn't; Roost is only available via Entree Forest at level 10), but it doesn't matter due to GBU allowing it. What I'm asking is, is there anything I could do to improve it? It's really good with the suprise factor, it's won me a few battles by itself, but I feel it can be improved (I like priority on setup sweepers when possible, and Feint avoiding Protect is a bonus) and I don't mean suggesting a different Pokémon in its place.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I think BB + Roost on DW Skarm is illegal (BB is egg move, Roost isn't; Roost is only available via Entree Forest at level 10), but it doesn't matter due to GBU allowing it.
It is legal. You have to breed the Skarmory in Generation IV, then teach it Roost through a TM before using PokeTransfer to bring it over.

It is legal. You have to breed the Skarmory in Generation IV, then teach it Roost through a TM before using PokeTransfer to bring it over.
Dream World Skarmory with Weak Armor requires, in theory, breeding male Skarmory with BB + Roost with a female Weak Armor Skarmory. However, since Roost isn't an egg move, the hatched DW Skarmory can't learn it. Roost, for Skarmory with Weak Armor, is only available at level 10 from Entree Forest, which means it can't be bred with Brave Bird as an egg move.

Also: Just because I don't use an IRC chat for Smogon does not mean that I don't know what I'm talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)