Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can I quickly make money in black?
You can go on the Marvelous Bridge and chase Pokémon shadows to get the EV Wings which can be sold for a lot of money. Or, my favorite way to make money since generation 2: Take an Amulet Coin and give it to one of your Pokémon, then go and fight the Elite Four. It doesn't matter if you lose, as long as you beat one of the four, you are still making profit. And this is also my favorite way to grind in Pokémon

Go to Undella Bay and dive underwater, and find the Relic items. The guy in the mansion-thing in Undella Town buys them for 1,000, 5,000, 10,000, 50,000, 100,000, and 300,000 depending on the item
It totals up to 1,700,000 or something like that. I also learned from this you can have more than 999,999 PKD with you. That's pretty cool.

how viable is OTR Bronzong in 5th gen? Used one in fourth to great success, but that base 89 attack stat is looking a little lackluster now...

I'm working on a Drizzle team and I'm not sure what should fill my 6th slot.

- Drizzle Politoed - Surf/Ice Beam/Focus Blast/Hidden Power Grass
- Multiscale Dragonite - Thunder/Hurricane/Outrage/Dragon Dance
- Hydration Vaporeon - Scald/Wish/Rest/Toxic
- Huge Power Azumarill - Aqua Jet/Superpower/Waterfall/Ice Punch
- Sturdy Forretress - Gyro Ball/Stealth Rock/Rapid Spin/Earthquake

I was thinking a Starmie or a Jolteon. What do you guys think? How is my team so far?

I was thinking a Starmie or a Jolteon. What do you guys think? How is my team so far?
Swift Swim Kingdra is a great abuser of the Rain.

NP Thundurus Maybe??

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There is literally no situation where you would know that for a fact.

Don't post things that aren't facts as facts, thanks

Jolteon is definitely better for coming in on electric attacks aimed at your 3 water types. No need to put Starmie in for more electric/grass weakness. Plus you have Forretress for spinning already.

I almost posted a thread on this, but out of since it's basically out of curiosity, is it just me or is the AI for the battle subway much, MUCH smarter than battle towers in the past? as in, not only do they make smarter moves, but I feel as if the Subway trainers AI is literally building teams that can beat mine. for example:

I was running a Super Singles team that lead with a Prankster Whimsicott that would light screen/memento to help set up for physically bulky sweeper (shell smash cloyster and metagross were what I was running) and while I didn't spend much time working on the overall balance of the team, I noticed that I repeatedly kept running into Toxicroak with Taunt, which would either screw up my lead or screw up my setting up (shell smash for cloyster, sharpen claws for metagross). I sort of thought it was coincidence, until I ran into that same lead toxicroak 4 out of 7 battles in one set, and eventually lost to it.

So again, I was playing my doubles team, which uses my Whimsicott to set up Sunny Day and Tailwind for my Eruption Typhlosion, and it seems that within every other match I'd see at least one Flash Fire pokemon, in some cases, I saw 3 flash fire pokemon in one battle. I lost to a trainer who had a ninetales that had to be flash fire, and a rapidash (that *could* have been Run Away; but I feel that in super single, there's no way it would use that ability; either way I never try to pull off an eruption on a poke that might have flash fire)

in either case, I didn't see a toxicroak once in my doubles team, and maybe it was only because I had no fire attacks on my singles team but I don't recall seeing that many Flash Fire pokes either.

sorry for the lengthy "simple" question post, and please don't criticize my team building (I especially know my singles one isn't perfect, I just threw it together for fun), but am I just crazy or is the AI programmed to actually *try* and build a team that can beat yours? can anyone confirm/deny or experience the same difficulties?

I almost posted a thread on this, but out of since it's basically out of curiosity, is it just me or is the AI for the battle subway much, MUCH smarter than battle towers in the past? as in, not only do they make smarter moves, but I feel as if the Subway trainers AI is literally building teams that can beat mine. for example:

Yes

I was running a Super Singles team that lead with a Prankster Whimsicott that would light screen/memento to help set up for physically bulky sweeper (shell smash cloyster and metagross were what I was running) and while I didn't spend much time working on the overall balance of the team, I noticed that I repeatedly kept running into Toxicroak with Taunt, which would either screw up my lead or screw up my setting up (shell smash for cloyster, sharpen claws for metagross). I sort of thought it was coincidence, until I ran into that same lead toxicroak 4 out of 7 battles in one set, and eventually lost to it.

Similar things have happened to me

So again, I was playing my doubles team, which uses my Whimsicott to set up Sunny Day and Tailwind for my Eruption Typhlosion, and it seems that within every other match I'd see at least one Flash Fire pokemon, in some cases, I saw 3 flash fire pokemon in one battle. I lost to a trainer who had a ninetales that had to be flash fire, and a rapidash (that *could* have been Run Away; but I feel that in super single, there's no way it would use that ability; either way I never try to pull off an eruption on a poke that might have flash fire)

in either case, I didn't see a toxicroak once in my doubles team, and maybe it was only because I had no fire attacks on my singles team but I don't recall seeing that many Flash Fire pokes either.

sorry for the lengthy "simple" question post, and please don't criticize my team building (I especially know my singles one isn't perfect, I just threw it together for fun), but am I just crazy or is the AI programmed to actually *try* and build a team that can beat yours? can anyone confirm/deny or experience the same difficulties?

Yes
Sorry but that's the extent of my answers

Guitar, about that Rapidash's ability, keep in mind there's an Effect Spore Toxic Orb Breloom set that the AI can use. It can have either ability at first glance, you can only be sure if you know which of the four sets it uses.

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
how viable is OTR Bronzong in 5th gen? Used one in fourth to great success, but that base 89 attack stat is looking a little lackluster now...
I'd argue that OTR Bronzong is still one of the better mons to set up and abuse Trick Room. Explosion is nerfed, which stinks because it doesn't automatically mean a free-kill, but it still works to clear the field for your TR Sweeper to wreak havoc for the next 3 turns; good way to end the game once the opponent is down to 3 mons.

I beat the Simple Double Train in White but the Super line isn't unlocked yet... why is that?
The Super Double Train won't open after just beating one round (7 battles) of the Double Train; you have to beat Subway Boss Emmett (your opponent for battle #21) in order to unlock it.

---

Speaking of the Battle Subway, I tried to upload a battle video of a Super Double Train match to the Global Terminal, but it wouldn't upload, and gave me a message about there being a problem with one of the Pokémon in the video. I KNOW that my Pokémon weren't hacked, as I RNG'd them all myself, and have never used any codes whatsoever on my game, nor have I traded with anyone at all (excluding my other carts, which I followed the same protocols on). I've successfully uploaded different battle videos from the Super Double Train both before and after this problem with me using the exact same team.

Anyone had any similar issues or have any idea what was going on?

Sorry, when I meant beat, I meant I beat Emmett. (Twice even! I thought something went wrong the first time so I tried it again) It even said that the Super Double Train was unlocked ._.

this happened to someone else, im pretty sure you havnt beaten N yet, its not unlocked because you need the national dex to get to them, it sucks but its life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)