VGC '11 US National - Indianapolis - July 8th to 10th - WON by superwolfe & Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Team Canada grows stronger. Also the only members of Team Canada not to have to go through LCQ =[

Derp, looks like I'm not going. >.>

On the other hand, to handle with the disappointment, I memorized 100 vocab definitions for next years vocab midterm and wrote a sonnet. Something has to be wrong with me.

edit: Not sure if I will go or won't. If I do, then I do. If I don't, then I don't.
Trust me, you will have an amazing experience if you go. I had a total blast last time, even though the only kids even around my age were JRank and David Arnold in Seniors. I even had to early on Sunday to make it to camp on time. Still, Friday and Saturday were two amazing day even though I was kind of shy last year due to the age gap. I don't even know anyone who went to Nationals and didn't have a good time, regardless of how they did.

This year, I guarantee you, will only be more amazing. Especially since us Seniors finally get to meet a ton of kids our age. Not only that, but the tournaments grow every year and are quite incredible. Three days of playing Pokemon, meeting friends from online, making new friends, hanging out, etc.

And besides, isn't it summer vacation for you? I know Asian parents can be quite tough but Nationals is only 3-4 days in like a whole 2 months of summer vacation. Everyone deserves some fun! :heart:

Trust me, you will have an amazing experience if you go. I had a total blast last time, even though the only kids even around my age were JRank and David Arnold in Seniors. I even had to early on Sunday to make it to camp on time. Still, Friday and Saturday were two amazing day even though I was kind of shy last year due to the age gap. I don't even know anyone who went to Nationals and didn't have a good time, regardless of how they did.

This year, I guarantee you, will only be more amazing. Especially since us Seniors finally get to meet a ton of kids our age. Not only that, but the tournaments grow every year and are quite incredible. Three days of playing Pokemon, meeting friends from online, making new friends, hanging out, etc.

And besides, isn't it summer vacation for you? I know Asian parents can be quite tough but Nationals is only 3-4 days in like a whole 2 months of summer vacation. Everyone deserves some fun! :heart:
ITT: Summer is only 2 months long 0_o

(OT: He's right, last year was absolutely amazing and I fully expect this year to be even better. Take it from me, who did absolutely terrible in the actual tournament, yet I still had a great time.)

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
hi I never play Pokemon and have gone to every Smocon since 2006

just go

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
She just needs to know how to pitch it. Show her mother the damage formula or some other thingy and explain how this is how people get better at math.

I would like to go and still can, but I would have several rules I would have to follow if I went. One being, I could never go to another event outside my state ever again. Another being, I can't do anything pokemon related once I get back till next summer. Also, if I didn't go this time, I am almost guaranteed a trip to some event because the money is non refundable and has to be spent within a year. hehehe
I couldn't go to worlds even if I won the expense payed trip because I go to orchestra (band) camp for almost all of august.

hey kid, listen.

you're going. if you're 18 and don't need your parents to go, then fucking GO.

GET FUCKING HYPED.
unfortunatly, I'm only 15 :(

She just needs to know how to pitch it. Show her mother the damage formula or some other thingy and explain how this is how people get better at math.
Did this a while ago. She told me to do other math lol.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
One being, I could never go to another event outside my state ever again.
maybe whilst you're still young, but rest assured, your parents can't control you forever!

really, just make yourself a pros and cons list. it sounds like you've already outlined the cons, or at least your parents have, but what about the pros?

possible pros:
-meeting a bunch of awesome smogoners
-playing/competing with a game you surely love
-this hype only happens once a year, and it's a blast
-TGI friday parties
-really though, spending a weekend with some of your greatest friends that you met online, being able to hang with them in person, no regrets???

just do it girl D:

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
of course you're also only 15 and that means you'll have plenty more opportunities to go against your parents' wishes

I would like to go and still can, but I would have several rules I would have to follow if I went. One being, I could never go to another event outside my state ever again. Another being, I can't do anything pokemon related once I get back till next summer. Also, if I didn't go this time, I am almost guaranteed a trip to some event because the money is non refundable and has to be spent within a year. hehehe
I couldn't go to worlds even if I won the expense payed trip because I go to orchestra (band) camp for almost all of august.

unfortunatly, I'm only 15 :(

Did this a while ago. She told me to do other math lol.
JUST FUCKING DO IT (BAN ME PLEASE)

So what do you guys do during non-tournament hours? Pretty much same fare as last year?

(yes I am pumped for this. Can't wait to meet so many people)

Due to not being able to get a ride up, I will not be participating in this year's LCQ (and hopefully Nats).

Good luck to everyone going and who qualified, I look forward to some great videos hopefully as awesome as the Atlanta final.

See you guys in next year's circuit.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
BIG IMPORTANT POST:

WHEN ARE YOU GETTING INTO INDIANAPOLIS???????????

Assuming we leave my house in Buffalo before 10am per my plan, Phiddlesticks and I will be arriving tomorrow somewhere around 6pm, probably a little later if we include one stop for lunch. Synre/evan, will we be beating you guys to the hotel? Also, I expect a dinner crew assembled/ready to assemble to hit up Scotty's Brewhouse/TGI Friday's/WHEREVER.

I'm flyin' now but my plane gets in at like 4:45 so we'll probably get there around the same time, I'll pm all the hotel info and my # when I get home from work tonight. evan gonna be late and not get there till like midnight cause he's busy playin a show like the rockstar he is.

Darkwatch, sixonesix, and I will probably arrive some time between 6 and 7 pm est. I WILL BE BRINGING MAGIC: THE GATHERING CARDS IF ANYONE WANTS TO PLAY. I HAVE LEGACY, STANDARD, AND 3 EDH DECKS.

ATTN: Is anyone a RN or physician? I need to take a mantoux test for work, but it needs to be read within 48-72 hours by a medical professional. I'm probably just going to take it when I get back but I would like to know for reference.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
oh damn, what? stranger danger and I are driving to evan's tonight and then staying there, didn't even know we have to go to one of his shows now... although we've got our own car so we'll probably not wait for him. xD

scotty's. adam is buying me girly drinks. (and buying scott some too!!)

also huh since we'll be at evan's and have our own car thursday morning we'll show up whenever. I don't think I can check into my hotel until 3PM or something, so we'll see.

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I'm hyped for this! I'll probably be wearing the same outfit I wore to Regionals (Red polo T-shirt with white stripes, jeans, glasses) for the sake of continuity.

I got to see a bunch of Smogoners and Skarmbliss people at DC like Jibaku, Tyler, Andrea, and some kid with a Skarmbliss T-shirt on, but I hope I can advance past the LCQ's to maybe get a chance to play against some of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)