Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm holychipmunk on steam, feel free to add me.

We should have a smogon tf2 server!
We use to have one, but it didn't get much traffic unless like 6 of us were on at the same time. Was fun though. Got to have the best map pools and try new maps

Omg, nerdgasm. =D

Team Fortress 2 was the reason I got Xbox Live, and when my subscription ended I was irritated I couldn't live in it's glory again. Although as both a PC and Xbox gamer I already know the difference is going to be really difficult to adjust too. Regardless, I'm going to log many a hours into this game over my summer break.

and this isn't 10000x better than pugs why???
I personally find anyone with an overinflated ego/thinks they know their shit but actually don't the most annoying thing to play with, far worse than merely 'bad' players.

Oh and they'll probably give competitive tf2 its (undeserved) bad name - I've seen quite a few pugheroes shittalk in random pubs here (rofl)

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
FINALLY GOT THIS GAME

username is RScarF, id add you but FUCKING SADLY my account is limited and i cant so plz add me =)

Wait, so you can't add people if you only have the free version of TF2 on your steam account? If this is true, than that sucks. The bright side is, i heard that if you buy ONE thing from the store, you automatically get upgraded to a premium account (also, i heard that the lowest priced item is like 40 cents or so)

You need a paid-for game to have full Steam functionality (such as adding people -- however, you can still accept requests, so you just need a full Steam account to add you instead of you adding them). If you have any other non-free game, you can still add people, even if you're only F2P TF2. Also, you need to use your Steam wallet on the store, which means if you have no funds, you have to put in $5 to upgrade. Minimum price is like 50 cents though.

You need a paid-for game to have full Steam functionality (such as adding people -- however, you can still accept requests, so you just need a full Steam account to add you instead of you adding them). If you have any other non-free game, you can still add people, even if you're only F2P TF2. Also, you need to use your Steam wallet on the store, which means if you have no funds, you have to put in $5 to upgrade. Minimum price is like 50 cents though.
Thanks for clearing that up for me. As far as i know, a game named Alien Swarm is free. So people could download that if they want to be able to send friend requests. Or at least that's what I gather from this line

If you have any other non-free game, you can still add people, even if you're only F2P TF2.
Please correct me if I am wrong.

Wait, so you can't add people if you only have the free version of TF2 on your steam account? If this is true, than that sucks. The bright side is, i heard that if you buy ONE thing from the store, you automatically get upgraded to a premium account (also, i heard that the lowest priced item is like 40 cents or so)
yeah but the lowest you can add to your wallet is £4/whatever the euro/dollar equivalent is

still, much cheaper than tf2 use to be

Pretty much, though it's been on sale cheaper than $5 before AFAIK. If you just have money leftover from another Steam transaction then it really is only $0.50.

And it's not like you need to pay for anything gameplay-wise. Only if you really want to trade or want a bigger backpack etc.

Well my copy of the Orange Box is coming (finally goddamit, I bought it a month ago) so I'm going to have a premium account in like 3 days or so :>

Sounds a lot like how I play the game on Xbox Live, so I'm don't think I'm going to have any problems with it for the PC. The only complaint I have is that it's taking FOREVER for the updates for the game to download. >.>

Acklow

I am always tired. Don't bother me.
Finally got TF2. Steam name is same as my Smogon name. Though I sure do suck...

Edit: Medic perhaps is the class I found most success in.

People who just started playing and are claiming then suck; don't. TF2 has a noticeable learning curve, chances are, you will suck at the start, but trust me, as you carry on playing, you WILL get better.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Another thing with TF2 more than any other game is the very deliberate design choices in terms of character body shapes and map design. It is very easy to just know where to go on a map, signs and arrows beign the most physical, but more subtle things such as detail near important places and doors, and colour schemes for different forts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)