Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much speed should a Modest Rain Dancer Seismitoad have? I'm thinking just going with max since it beats Scarfed base 100's in rain.

AfroThunderRule:

For Analytic, yes, the attack's power is boosted if its opponent switches out, since the Ability's bearer "strikes last" this round: "Power of attacks by bearer is multiplied by 1.3 if bearer strikes last this round."

To get access to the Unity Tower, do I have to trade with a person who is physically located in another country, or is there a way that someone in the same country as me can register (or otherwise pass off) their game as being from a foreign country?

Does the GTS count, or does it have to be through FCs?

Ok that's good. Any word on entry hazards, though?
Serebii's description of the item reads "This item, when attached to a Pokémon, allows the Pokémon to receive damage from the opponent regardless of any type immunities." While Serebii could be wrong, his makes me think the item only applies to attacks, and not to things like entry hazards.

To get access to the Unity Tower, do I have to trade with a person who is physically located in another country, or is there a way that someone in the same country as me can register (or otherwise pass off) their game as being from a foreign country?

Does the GTS count, or does it have to be through FCs?
Towards your first question, unless I'm misunderstanding how the geonet system works, I don't see why you couldn't lie and just tell it you were from a different country than you actually are. Towards the second, my reading of the Bulbapedia page on the Unity Tower does not seem to rule out using the GTS. I think it unlikely that the game would do that, since I assume very few people have friends in other questions and thus almost everyone would be unable to access the Tower.

I need a gliscor partner very badly, my gliscor blissey defesive duo keeps on getting destroyed by physical water and ice attackers like kingdra and cloyster, and I would like to keep gliscor. So is there a mixed or special wall that can handle dragon, water and ice moves fairly well?

I need a gliscor partner very badly, my gliscor blissey defesive duo keeps on getting destroyed by physical water and ice attackers like kingdra and cloyster, and I would like to keep gliscor. So is there a mixed or special wall that can handle dragon, water and ice moves fairly well?
id say aggron, but thats a water weakness right there... so i would say something like a metagross or bronzong

Aggron is UU at best, I need a good OU poke, so bronzong might work. thanks.
There's also Ferrothorn (resists water and dragon, neutral to ice; 74/131/116 defenses) and Vaporeon/Jellicent (resist water and ice, neutral to dragon; 130/60/95 and 100/70/105 defenses respectively). IMO Ferrothorn is probably the best choice but it probably depends on your team.

I should probably know this. What is the difference between a sweeper and a cleaner?
I believe a sweeper is a pokemon that blasts through and overpowers an opponents team on its own while a cleaner picks off the remnants of an opponents team after the rest of your team has damaged it enough.

Would a moveset for a Machamp be able to be possible like this?
Machamp
Dynamic Punch
Ice Punch
Thunder Punch
Bullet Punch

I'm wondering if its legal cause of the 3 egg moves.

I should probably know this. What is the difference between a sweeper and a cleaner?
I haven't heard the term cleaner since ADV. >_>

IIRC, cleaners are supposedly faster attackers that can't necessarily sweep entire teams, but instead "clean up" weakened foes thanks to their higher speed. Things like Crobat and Deoxys-S seem to fit this description.

I used to use a CM Latios with a moveset of Dragon Pulse/Grass Knot/Calm Mind/Recover, and I want to try it out again. I know that GK is far outdated (I put the set together in like, mid-Gen IV) and Dragon Pulse is a bit weak, is it really worth contradicting the point of the set for the much higher Base Power of Draco Meteor? Also, I should be looking for a HP-Fire Latios to replace my current Grass Knot one, correct?

CM Latios should run Dragon pulse/surf and the last one should be what fits the team better, problems with skarmory and ferrothorn use HP fire (this should be your first option anyways); other Calm minders and generic Special walls there is psycho shock. Or even Recover for the LO.

I don't like D-Meteor in Calm minders because that move fits better on choice sets, which are there primarly to break cores and open others poke's sweeps.

I used to use a CM Latios with a moveset of Dragon Pulse/Grass Knot/Calm Mind/Recover, and I want to try it out again. I know that GK is far outdated (I put the set together in like, mid-Gen IV) and Dragon Pulse is a bit weak, is it really worth contradicting the point of the set for the much higher Base Power of Draco Meteor? Also, I should be looking for a HP-Fire Latios to replace my current Grass Knot one, correct?
If you don't want to be walled by Ferrothorn, then yes, HP Fire is what you want.

Don't even bother with HP Fighting, HP Fire is the way to go. And it's never a good idea to use Draco Meteor on a boosting set so stick with Dragon Pulse

Where can you post threads comparing two pokemon?
You really shouldn't. If you want to compare two Pokemon, find the thread already in Dragonspiral Tower for one of them (use the search function) and then post your comparison in that thread.

As a rule of thumb, avoid making new threads except for warstories and RMTs (and make sure to put a lot of effort into those so that they aren't a waste of time for the readers). There are some other reasons to create a new thread, but for the most part there's a high chance there's already an appropriate thread for whatever you were wanting to post.

That shouldn't be relevant since you will need both to use images in your signature. I suppose it's just there so that in the event that you get badged the admins don't have to waste time activating the GIF thingy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)