5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Red

What's your everstone nature? And, are you trying to get a shiny? If so, you have to give your ID/SID :P

And, according to RNG Reporter, your starting frame is ~44. It's probably 45, 46, 47, or maybe even 48 because of NPCs, but I think it wouldn't be more than 46 if you pause ASAP.
Adamant. I heard from someone that the NPC's on route 3 advances it by 5...
I got lucky after advancing 29 times, getting both my nature and ability, but wrong timer0. So I am trying that right now.

Its non-shiny, And I dont think I need my SId. my tid is 40728.
Thanks for helping!

Yeah, that's the same problem I had with Shaking Patch abuse. I had to find a different seed because my first seed's shiny PID was non-syncable even though RNG Reporter said it was. I asked Chiizu about it on IRC and he said RNG Reporter is probably wrong for Shaking Patch sync frames.

But, may I ask, did you find turning in grass consistent? If so, by how many frames did each turn advance the PID by? It wasn't consistent for me, Idk why. Each turn / step seemed to advance by ~4.
Here's what I did:

My save had a shaking patch appear after running ~150 steps OUTSIDE OF THE GRASS. I had a frame 6 spread with a shiny frame of 124. So first I calibrated a bit and found that my starting frame was 74 (after running and walking into the shaking patch, which was 6 steps in the grass.) Then I chattered 50 times before walking into the shaking patch, and my shiny appeared.

Red

Here's what I did:

My save had a shaking patch appear after running ~150 steps OUTSIDE OF THE GRASS. I had a frame 6 spread with a shiny frame of 124. So first I calibrated a bit and found that my starting frame was 74 (after running and walking into the shaking patch, which was 6 steps in the grass.) Then I chattered 50 times before walking into the shaking patch, and my shiny appeared.
Isn't it better to use a frame of like 3,5,7, etc?
I forget the reasoning why.

Isn't it better to use a frame of like 3,5,7, etc?
I forget the reasoning why.
Hmm, since my frame was 6, and my shiny frame 124, I had to advance to frame 6 ASAP, so I took 5 pokemon, so I would have to walk 128 steps, but then there was no shaking patch. So I tried walking a bit more, to 150 before entering the grass, and a patch appeared. Then I had to walk 8 steps, 2 outside of the grass, and 6 inside of the grass, to get there. I check the IVs and confirmed I was on IV frame 6, so then I knew I could advance the PID to get my shiny.

Here's what I did:

I did the exact same thing you did, but since my IV frame was 2, I couldn't bring any Chatot and I was forced to use the grass to advance the PID. So, I walked 128 outside of the grass and luckily, a shaking patch appeared, so I got my starting frame, then I assumed that turning advances by two per turn. So I did 84 turns (my target was 168) and I forgot what I hit, but it was above 168. It was just annoying, lol. I would've used a different seed, but I couldn't find one (I was searching for an HP Rock seed, shiny, syncable, and encounter slot 9/11 for Lilligant).

I am havibg large amoubts of trouble Trying to Breed this DW ability Parent. The male parent has the everstone, and the female parent (DW) hold nothing.
The offspring I want has 2 Regular abilities, and the Dream World Ability. Here is my Seed:

288144C5 * *288144C53B7021CD * *8 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *Dark * *70 * *06/01/11 23:52:29 * *C7F * *L-X
shiny not sync starting 177

Could someone perhaps tell me my Start PID, and What PID frame Will I encounter the right Ability, and Nature? Both parents are flawless, and the seed is flawless.
Sorry if this is on the wrong thread, but I am unsire where this goes...
Starting PID: 44

All frames below are adamant with everstone nature adamant

Frame 55: ability 1
Frame 60: DW ability
Frame 75: ability 0

Here's a picture to help you find your SSF. It will most likely be somewhere in the red box

To make sure you don't miss your timer0, here's some other helpful information

If you go catch something right after getting your egg, the IVs should be on frame 14 or frame 14 + X where X is the number of pokemon (including your egg) in your party. If they don't match, you missed your timer0

Okay, so I'm aiming for a shiny frame (frame 283) and I'm calibrating to see my Starting Frame. I got Modest the first try with the right IVs, then I hard reseted and hit my seed again, listened to Chatot once, and I got Quirky with the right IVs. I can't seem to find Modest-Quirky combination anywhere on the main screen. (I searched with Method 5 PIDRNG) And, about where should my Starting Frame be? Is it any different from where the Egg SSF is? Thanks guys.

EDIT: Also, are there any moving NPCs in Celestial Tower, and would rain outside celestial tower effect the frame?

EDIT2: Yeah, there's something definitely amiss. I hit my seed again without any chatters and got Impish. Probably the rain. Im gonna rng something else then. Still, where should I look for my starting frame?

I haven't understand a thing: which is the starting frame of a roamer? Which operation should I do? And how can I abuse the PIDRNG?

I'm looking for a 31/(a number among 2;6;10;14;18;22;26;30)/30/31/31/31 Thundurus (IVs are in this order: HP / Atk / Def / SAtk / SDef / Spd). Which is my starting frame?

Red

I haven't understand a thing: which is the starting frame of a roamer? Which operation should I do? And how can I abuse the PIDRNG?

I'm looking for a 31/(a number among 2;6;10;14;18;22;26;30)/30/31/31/31 Thundurus (IVs are in this order: HP / Atk / Def / SAtk / SDef / Spd). Which is my starting frame?
PiD RNG: CHATOT calls.

and thunferous is on frame 1 :)

I believe that is all the roamers.

I haven't understand a thing: which is the starting frame of a roamer?
3rd post:
All Wild, Stationary, Roamer and Gift Pokemon have their IV frames starting on 1.
Which operation should I do?
I have no idea what you're asking.

And how can I abuse the PIDRNG?
Save at door, hit frame 1 seed, run out, Mash A to get through the scene and release the roamer, go catch it, record the nature and characteristic. Reset, hit seed again, do 5 or 10 PID advances, run out, catch it, record nature and characteristic again. You can try to look for a pattern or you can use the PID%6 method to help eliminate a few possibilities and narrow down your starting frame. (Hint: PID%6 is better)
Don't expect exact patterns, don't do it in rain. Look between 550-750 for your starting frame if there's no weather before the roamer arrives. Snow is probably a little higher.

Roamer Info

2, 6, 10,... is called HP_E (Hidden Power Even). 3, 7, 11,.. is HP_O. See above about starting frame.

If I want to RNG CATCH flawless pokemon like Sages, Roamers, Legends, and other gift pokemon. Do I need to abuse my ID/SID to do this like in 4th gen? Or I just need to search higher frames? Thanks

You don't need to abuse your ID/SID for those, no.
If you're going for a shiny, though, you might want to RNG your ID/SID for a flawless spread. But you could try to search for more dates, keypresses, and higher frames, you might already have a flawless spread.

You don't need to abuse your ID/SID for those, no.
If you're going for a shiny, though, you might want to RNG your ID/SID for a flawless spread. But you could try to search for more dates, keypresses, and higher frames, you might already have a flawless spread.
Lol. I forgot to add the main part "shiny" into the question because I knew that it is possible to get flawless spreads w/o ID/SID abuse. So my next question is: How do I RNG ID/SID in 5th gen? Any tool? Please let me know and also how to use it. Thanks :)

The guide in the third post works pretty well, that's what I used for my first.
And I don't think you need any special tools, just RNG Reporter (Pandora's Box is what you'd use, it's on the main window).

I use PPRNG, but if you want me to post a guide on what I do, I'll tell you (obviously there will be some differences, but it's mostly when searching for a time).

3rd post:

I have no idea what you're asking.

Save at door, hit frame 1 seed, run out, Mash A to get through the scene and release the roamer, go catch it, record the nature and characteristic. Reset, hit seed again, do 5 or 10 PID advances, run out, catch it, record nature and characteristic again. You can try to look for a pattern or you can use the PID%6 method to help eliminate a few possibilities and narrow down your starting frame. (Hint: PID%6 is better)
Don't expect exact patterns, don't do it in rain. Look between 550-750 for your starting frame if there's no weather before the roamer arrives. Snow is probably a little higher.

Roamer Info

2, 6, 10,... is called HP_E (Hidden Power Even). 3, 7, 11,.. is HP_O. See above about starting frame.
Thank you. I was asking that because I have seen a sort of calculation which used the Spd IVs.

The guide in the third post works pretty well, that's what I used for my first.
And I don't think you need any special tools, just RNG Reporter (Pandora's Box is what you'd use, it's on the main window).

I use PPRNG, but if you want me to post a guide on what I do, I'll tell you (obviously there will be some differences, but it's mostly when searching for a time).
I just read the guide in post # 3; it seemed pretty straight forward so I'll try that first and if I can't figure something out, i'll just post here and ask again. ;)
Question: Do I need to abuse one ID/SID for one set ds parameters, say like if I calibrated my DS holding no keypress and I find a seed with flawless IVs with those parameters, do I need to RNG ID/SID on these same parameters using same seed to find a suitable frame to hit the shiny? Hope you understand. And what if the timer0 changes after I successfully RNG the ID/SID?

timer0 fluctuates between two values, one more often then the other. So if it changes, it'll change back don't worry. You don't need to abuse your ID or SID, frames even without abusing IDs are more than suitable. For example I found this seed.
Frame: 1 IV: 31/28/31/31/31/31 06/08/11 18:36:53
Timer0: C7D Keypresses: A-Left-R

If you advance to Frame 283 with Chatot Chatters you get: Encounter Slot: 9 Synchronize Frame and Shiny.
6EF8AB8B3DD5806E

Which is manageable. If you dont mind restarting your game though, abusing IDs and SIDs makes things a whole lot easier.

Okay, I'm trying to abuse a shiny Drilbur in Wellspring Cave.

Seed: 114100C7D1D8F68A
IV Frame: 5
Nearest Shiny: 703
Sync: Adamant

I walk 128 steps with 4 Pokémon in my party to advance the IV frame. When I hit the right Timer0 I can get the dust cloud to appear in the same place over and over. When I walk in without any chatters and the like I encounter a level 13 female Drilbur, Mild Nature, Sand Rush Ability, female and 'Somewhat Vain' characteristic. According to the encounter tables, level 13 is on slot 6-11. I deduced from this that I caught this Drilbur on PIDRNG frame 345, verifying this with PID%6 gave Somewhat Vain. So I advanced 358 times, and I got an item. Is there any way to know beforehand whether I'll get an item or not on a certain frame?

Okay, I'm trying to abuse a shiny Drilbur in Wellspring Cave.

Seed: 114100C7D1D8F68A
IV Frame: 5
Nearest Shiny: 703
Sync: Adamant

I walk 128 steps with 4 Pokémon in my party to advance the IV frame. When I hit the right Timer0 I can get the dust cloud to appear in the same place over and over. When I walk in without any chatters and the like I encounter a level 13 female Drilbur, Mild Nature, Sand Rush Ability, female. According to the encounter tables, level 13 is on slot 6-11. I deduced from this that I caught this Drilbur on PIDRNG frame 345. So I advanced 308 times, and I got an item. Is there any way to know beforehand whether I'll get an item or not on a certain frame?
I cannot answer your question but If you are willing to restart your game there is an easier way to go about catching drilbur.

Edit: Sure, no Problem.

I cannot answer your question but If you are willing to restart your game there is an easier way to go about catching drilbur
I'm not going to abuse an ID/SID especially for this, for a roamer I might, but not for a dust cloud..

I believe Kaphotics mentioned in the next version of RNG reporter that dustclouds will be covered more extensively, specifically with items and stuff.

timer0 fluctuates between two values, one more often then the other. So if it changes, it'll change back don't worry. You don't need to abuse your ID or SID, frames even without abusing IDs are more than suitable. For example I found this seed.
Frame: 1 IV: 31/28/31/31/31/31 06/08/11 18:36:53
Timer0: C7D Keypresses: A-Left-R

If you advance to Frame 283 with Chatot Chatters you get: Encounter Slot: 9 Synchronize Frame and Shiny.
6EF8AB8B3DD5806E

Which is manageable. If you dont mind restarting your game though, abusing IDs and SIDs makes things a whole lot easier.
So if I enable all 3 keypresses, select "search nearby shiny frames after putting in my ID & SID, and search for large frame ranges on different months and years, it is possible to get a shiny flawless spread without the need for RNGing ID/SID? Isn't that gonna take a loooot of time? :s

Second question: In 4th gen, abusing ID/SID made it possible to get only a few or in some cases one IV spread and the PIDs (nature, ability), so in 5th gen, if I RNG ID/SID, do I get a shiny spread of only one specific nature (and multiple IV combinations) or one specific IV spread (like 31/31/31/31/31/31 and any combination of nature and ability)? Hope I wasn't too confusing.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
gen 4 you can only abuse for one PID/IV, some have 2 good ones, they are noted somewhere (not in a RNG info thread).

5th gen you RNG the same thing, for a low frame shiny. Except you can use syncs on that frame if you chose so, thus an IV/any nature.

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
So if I enable all 3 keypresses, select "search nearby shiny frames after putting in my ID & SID, and search for large frame ranges on different months and years, it is possible to get a shiny flawless spread without the need for RNGing ID/SID? Isn't that gonna take a loooot of time? :s
Yup. It is hands down the worst. Its next to Cgear RNGing to me.

Yeah do what you did, except it's highly unlikely to get flawless. More like 31/xx/31/31/31/31 or 31/31/31/xx/31/31 You usually don't need both attack stats. Leave your computer on overnight. And search one month. You should get your near flawless spread the next day, although it probably will have a high PIDRNG frame. 200+ usually, but nothing impossible. If you set every stat except the attack stat you don't want to >=30 you'll get a lot of hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 19)