The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
zing (sorry nos but that was a really shit joke haha)

on that note, goodbye Sammy Lee!
first of all, i forgive you, i was just trying to bring some life to the thread but some people are... well.... w/e

second of all, i knew about it yesterday but it was just a rumour =(((((((((((((((

im not sure if sammy lee leaving is a positive thing because from what i hear, he's a very good motivator. It does seem a bit redundant to have Steve Clark AND sammy lee but i used to like seeing them 3 working together. wish him all the best.

just a shit friend that got on my account and changed my name ~_~

back to topic now lol

edit: i dont have any name changes left too. im stuck with this forever. *pms admin*

Must be painful to be an Arsenal fan right now. Talk of Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy moving on, and everyone linked to move there is also linked with pretty much every other Premiership team. Pressure's on for Wenger

lol. arsenal are close to loosing those three and negotiating over the signing 18 year old Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, the fans must be so pleased.

and i thought being an arsenal supporter this year[upcoming few months] was bad.
Arsenal supporters having it bad lol.
Must be painful to be an Arsenal fan right now. Talk of Fabregas, Nasri and Clichy moving on, and everyone linked to move there is also linked with pretty much every other Premiership team. Pressure's on for Wenger
lol. arsenal are close to loosing those three and negotiating over the signing 18 year old Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, the fans must be so pleased.
:pimp:

also, been watching the women's world cup, pretty entertaining. germany being beast-like.

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah, I can't imagine how bad it must be to have to watch the most entertaining football side in the Premiership week in, week out and having virtually guaranteed Champions League football every season at your lovely new stadium. And having to stomach all that boring managerial and financial stability?

My heart goes out to you Gooners.

fans (of big clubs like arsenal) want to see trophies not profits (not that profits are a bad though =P).

unfortunately, liverpool don't have both :(

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
As an arsenal fan, Im bemused at this point. Yes, I am extremely worried about fabs and nasri going, but everyone acts like we should all be suicidal or renounce or fanship of arsenal, or at the very least we should fire wenger...

I dont feel like any of these things are necessary, and you can call me delusional, but things are not bad at the emirates. Fun football, CL, if we dont win titles we will at least be contenders for titles imo

'some think im dumb, but maybe just happy'

Like I honestly cant see us getting that much worse. If clichy goes i will be disappointed because I feel he is a good type of player for arsenal's style. If fabs goes, then Ill be saddened, he has so much potential and I want him to play out his career at arsenal. I almost feel like for fabs as a person, going back to barca is the 'easy' decision. He is practically assured titles, goals, A-list teammates, but i don't think it will be mentally grueling. If he stays at arsenal and wins an FA, CL, or Premiership title at any point in his career, he will be a well remembered legend of football for his hardwork and leadership. If he goes back to barca he will be remembered as a great player who played with a bunch of other great players. He will be the star of the show at arsenal, at barca messi and xavi (and probably david villa) will always cast a shadow over him.

Bartman101

Banned deucer.
Bolton've signed former Swansea midfielder Darren Pratley on a four-year-deal. Just thought I might let you guys know.

Yeah, I can't imagine how bad it must be to have to watch the most entertaining football side in the Premiership week in, week out and having virtually guaranteed Champions League football every season at your lovely new stadium. And having to stomach all that boring managerial and financial stability?

My heart goes out to you Gooners.
Arsenal are painful to watch because they could be so good, but they just aren't improving in those areas. A genuine title contender would not have ended up with a 4-4 draw with Newcastle. In the end fans want wins, and Arsenal aren't producing them, which is all the more galling cause they are more than capable of doing so.

clichy signs for manchester city

never really rated clichy btu he's a good signing for City i feel. they're in the CL for the first time and they need a LB, clichy fits the bill and has plenty of CL experience (he'll learn from his numerous mistakes too esp. defensively)

Tevez demans to move again.

And there goes the final link to the invincibles. If Wenger decides to use this to promote Gibbs to first choice then this world has no meaning anymore.

Ugh, what a summer this might turn out to be

Man who cares about Tevez or Clichy, Mackail-Smith to Brighton yeahhhh!!!

I didn't actually think Gibbs was that bad whenever I saw him play, sure he wasn't as good as Clichy but he's young and will improve (I think I'm probably repeating exactly what Wenger is thinking...) It is kind of sad to see the last invincible go though (or it would be if I was an Arsenal fan :P)

Maybe lpool could bid for Marcelo now ?_?

How can both of these top class lb share this position. i think any big team has a shot at getting their hands on one of the best LBs in the world

Liverpool sign Charlie Adam. No idea on fee yet but hope it's not more than 10 mill. That means there is a midfield of gerrard, meireles, aquilani, Adam, Lucas, Henderson, spearing and shelvey (off the top of my head). Seems a little crowded…

Its 7m dude

Also shelvey is going on loan so it means we have a midfield of meireles aqauaman gerrard. Lucas adam spearing easily one of the best central midfields in the league

what?

compare what we've paid compared to what man utd did (roughly £50m)

we've spent £16m (Hendo) + £7m (Adam) = £23m

that's less than half what man utd have paid so far and you could argue that liverpool are in bigger need to strengthen.

i think we need a few more signings:

a winger (downing or prefferably juan mata), a LB (Aly Cissokho, Marcelo, Kolarov or Enrique) and if possible a CB (someone solid like scott dann who's a huge pool fan, will give his all and wont complain if he doesnt start)

Edit: and money will get you far, it just depends who's the manager. if roberto mancini is the manager you'll never be able to win anything (might prove me wrong though). kenny dalglish has single handedly built title winning teams (liverpool / blackburn rovers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)