This Melbournian has a second chance!

Last time I entered a VGC tournament I lost in the first round, bringing shame to myself and to Smogon. In just a week, I have a second chance! Melbourne will hold another Pokemon tournament, same place, same rules! I plan to try and redeem myself by giving a bit more thought into my team, and asking for help.

Mienshao @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Nature: Jolly
252HP 252Spe 4Atk

- Fake Out
- Wide Guard
- Drain Punch
- U-Turn

Maybe I’m focusing too hard on countering Whimsicott+Terrakion? The main purpose of Mienshao is to counter them. Fake Out on Whimsicott to stop its Beat Up, Wide Guard the next turn to handle the coming Rock Slide, Drain Punch for STAB and to handle common threats like Ferrothorn, Hydriegon and *shudders* Scrafty, and U-Turn to finish off Whimsicott and activate Regenerator.

Thunderus @ Flight Gem
Ability: Prankster
Nature: any Neutral nature
252HP 128SpA 128Atk

- Taunt
- Thunderbolt
- Dark Pulse
- Sky Drop

Thunderus is also designed to counter Whimsicott+Terakkion. Sky Drop on Terakkion on the first turn to stop its Rock Slide, Taunt to Shut down Whimsicott later, Thunderbolt for STAB and Dark Pulse for coverage.

Chandelure @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
Nature: Timid
4HP 252Spe 252SpA

- Heat Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

At this stage Chandelure is only being used for its power, though its Heat Wave is an excellent move in Doubles for its ability to hit both opponents, its STAB, its coverage and Chandelure’s power. Shadow Ball is also for STAB, and Energy Ball and Psychic… are just fillers. If you could suggest something better I’d appreciate it. The use of Air Balloon is because of Haxorus’ Mold Breaker.

Haxorus @ Focus Sash
Ability: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
4HP 252Spe 252Atk

- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- Brick Break
- X-Scissor

Haxorus is mostly just a filler Pokemon, who can handle special walls better than the other Pokemon. Dragon Claw for STAB, Earthquake for coverage, and to take advantage of Mold Breaker, Brick Break and X-Scissor to handle common threats.

Few things.
1. Life Orb >> Leftovers on Mienshao.
2. Use Inner Focus >> Regenerator.
3. Sky Drop is an illegal move. So I'll suggest using Tornadus >> Thundurus.
4. Protect >> Dark Pulse on Thudurus if you're not going to change it.
5. Focus Sash >> Air Balloon on Chandelure.
6. Protect >> Energy Ball on Chandelure.
7. Haban Berry >> Focus Sash on Haxorus.
8. Protect >> Earthquake on Haxorus.
9. Rock Slide >> Brick Break on Haxorus.

Any questions?

by any chance do you know of a certain shuffle?
Anyways, don't run lefties on meinshao, its going to get 2 / 1 shotted no matter what.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)