Steam Summer sale

I'm really disappointed by how expensive ac was, I was really praying for under ten. This also lowers my hopes of getting Dead Space 2 for cheap but I'll cross my fingers regardless. Torchlight is apparently super fun, I may pick it up. Though if you want an entertaining game (though albeit short and horrible) kane and lynch 2 is kind of worth it..
Torchlight is pretty awesome, but it pains me to think another poor soul might have to suffer through the nausea-inducing camera of Kane and Lynch 2

I'm really disappointed by how expensive ac was, I was really praying for under ten. This also lowers my hopes of getting Dead Space 2 for cheap but I'll cross my fingers regardless. Torchlight is apparently super fun, I may pick it up. Though if you want an entertaining game (though albeit short and horrible) kane and lynch 2 is kind of worth it..
If you have played Diablo 2 and liked it, Torchlight feels like you've returned home. Not as addicting IMO but a very good timewaster. Also, the town music sounds almost like Tristram music!

In other news, I am raging on this right now. I don't have the funds to buy anything, so seeing all the games on discount just pisses me off royally. Trying to do some of the ticket shit, and planning on picking at least the KF char pack, but we'll see.

Today's stuff (July 4):

Fallout: New Vegas $26.98 (-70%) *franchise sale*
Alpha Protocol $7.49 (-75%)
Frozen Synapse $12.49 (-50%)
Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword $3.74 (-75%) *franchise sale*
TRINE $1.99 (-90%)
Doom 3 $6.24 (-75%) *franchise sale*
R.U.S.E. $10.19 (-66%) *franchise sale*
Serious Sam HD Gold Edition $7.99 (-80%)
Bully: Scholarship Edition $3.74 (-75%)
Homefront $39.99 (-50%)
Bionic Commando $4.99 (-50%) *franchise sale*

All I can say is... Fallout franchise sale? I'm so glad I have money today. :)

Fallout does not need an intro, but I can really reccomend Alpha Protocol, I had to review it when it got released and it is a load of fun. To call it very blunt: a mix between james bond and mass effect.

Frozen synapse is also good if you do not have it yet

Today's stuff (July 4):

Fallout: New Vegas $26.98 (-70%) *franchise sale* - Obviously, brilliant.
Alpha Protocol $7.49 (-75%) - Rented it for xbox 360, didn't even complete first level. It just wasn't a very good game IMHO, the AI was strange and the whole sneaking felt bad.
Doom 3 $6.24 (-75%) *franchise sale* - Once again, no real need to recommend it.
Serious Sam HD Gold Edition $7.99 (-80%) - Really, really fun. Simple, but fun. Hordes of enemies and over the top weapons, with cheesy humour to top it off.
Bully: Scholarship Edition $3.74 (-75%) - Meh. It's a good game, but don't expect a GTA here. It's quite linear, and there isn't that much replay value.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
also worth mentioning Frozen Synapse has a two-for-one offer, meaning you and a friend can either go 50/50 or you can be nice like I am and give a copy away.

I'm kinda surprised that 70% off on Fallout is still like 30$. That means they would've been selling an inferior pseudo-remake of Fallout 3 for almost 100$

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guild Wars is really fun if you're into MMORPGs. I logged several hundred hours on my accounts back when I loved the game to pieces. So $15 might be worth it to you -- all the campaigns are pretty awesome too!

it's easy for anyone to get 12 tickets, everyday there will an challenge that won't need any games (thats 11 so far) plus another from the tf2 achievement which is easy now the game is free. so just that is 3 prizes and 12 entry's for the grand prize

Gonna get STALKER SoC (and possibly Call of Pripyat if I play SoC a little and like it; I've heard that Clear Sky isn't as good though). Deus Ex is supposed to be good too but I already have it from another sale, just haven't played it yet.

Matthew

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah anyway there's some cool games today but the best game to buy today is easily: Killing Floor.

This game is extremely fun (though fucking annoying in the earlier levels), and it doesn't really lose its appeal all that much due to all the different classes. Basically it's just waves of "infected" that come at you and you pick a class to be (Sharpshooter, Demolitions, Commando, Firebug, Medic, and Breserker). You work together with a team to beat all 10 waves of the infected + the patriarch -- who is just a tough mother fucker. There's different types of infected and different classes do better / worse against certain kinds.

Anyway pick it up and we'll play sometimes :3

Yeah anyway there's some cool games today but the best game to buy today is easily: Killing Floor.

This game is extremely fun (though fucking annoying in the earlier levels), and it doesn't really lose its appeal all that much due to all the different classes. Basically it's just waves of "infected" that come at you and you pick a class to be (Sharpshooter, Demolitions, Commando, Firebug, Medic, and Breserker). You work together with a team to beat all 10 waves of the infected + the patriarch -- who is just a tough mother fucker. There's different types of infected and different classes do better / worse against certain kinds.

Anyway pick it up and we'll play sometimes :3
Killing Floor is super pro, this is a fact. It's essentially just zombies, except only 10 waves, and can be brutally hard and is always exceedingly fun

Killing Floor is super pro, this is a fact. It's essentially just zombies, except only 10 waves, and can be brutally hard and is always exceedingly fun
Goddamn right. One of the funnier games I've played on Steam, even with pubs. If the group works well together (or has someone leading them), nothing beats it in enjoyability.

Maybe I should bump the KF thread now, so we could get a game or 2 together?

Played Trine, fun as heck. It's a puzzle platformer that utilizes all of the 3 available characters to solve them. Graphics and environment and nice and detailed and the controls are responsive. The only nitpick is that there's no multiplayer function and you need to be on the same computer sharing controllers to play co-op

Just bought the Mass Effect Pack, 1+2 for £15... Compared to £40 usually. Couldn't help myself. I had them on my 360, but I traded it in and I'm missing them haha. Intending to buy a new PC for ME3, so I want to get some files saved for it.

mass effect/2 deals are great though I already have them. Fallout 3 GOTY seems like a decent deal though I'm already playing NV. It's alright but not amazing and they're supposed to be pretty similar, so I've got enough roaming a post-apocalyptic wasteland to last me awhile.

Might get Amnesia though.

Super

This space for rent
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I know someone who likes Fallout 3 but dislikes New Vegas. He's been pushing me to get Fallout 3 and it just dropped to $10. Might be tempting.

Also SSFIV for $15 yesterday was silly since SSFIVAE just released. Very silly.

Matthew

I can vouch that Fallout 3 trumps New Vegas by a lot.

Though I suggest if you get Fallout 3 you get the Broken Steel DLC, not only does it increase the level cap but it is pretty fun overall.

I also got Killing Floor when it was on sale, and I'm lovin' it. Wouldn't mind getting some Smogon games in.

monkfish

what are birds? we just don't know.
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
so glad i postponed buying mass effect 2! although i wish i'd done that with fallout 3 too. i've heard amnesia is good although i'm not a fan of horror in general. probably going to check out the splinter cell game on offer, reckon if it's 70+ on metacritic i might as well get it.

Anyone looking to buy Amnesia, I can say its a great game. It's a survival adventure game with no combat. It has one of the best atmosphere of all games, which is why its such a great horror game.

If you haven't seen it already I suggest watching Zero Punctuation's Review

I'll probably get Fallout 3 eventually, it's just not a high priority right now and it could go for less later.

I got the first Splinter Cell from the Ubisoft sale a little while back, the only real caveat is that it doesn't support modern monitor resolutions (you can force it in config files but this caused the game to bug up for me) so I ended up playing it at 1280 x 1024. As a game it's alright, it's no MGS but it's decently fun. I haven't played Chaos Theory much but it fixes the resolution problems and is a massive improvement in graphics at least.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)