RBY OU Tournament - Finals [Won by ENZ0]

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBY OU TOURNAMENT

Introduction:

Get ready to go back to our competitive Pokemon roots, RBY! The luck-filled, fun metagame we all enjoy to the extreme of the unexpected, especially when you get that nearly impossible B0SS TAUROS sweep or CHLLING CHANSEY freeze. But, enough with describing RBY's awesomeness; lets get on to the format. The tournament's format will consist of the best-of-three, where the winner of two games advances to the next round! You can change teams if you wish.

Tournament Rules

General Rules:

This is a Single Elimination 1st Generation OU.
The banlist will adhere to Smogon's current tiers and restrictions.
The battles must be played on Netbattle Supremacy. Here's the link: http://www.mediafire.com/?7rsw0udlikukzrd (Advanced Connection: atq.zapto.org or rby2k10.kicks-ass.net if atq is down)
Save your logs in case of discrepencies

Battle Rules:

Evasion Clause
Sleep Clause
Freeze Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-KO Clause
Species Clause
Strict Damage Clause
Timed Battle
True RBY must be used

Finals:

Earthworm vs ENZ0

We'll get it done, so no deadline this time.

ENZ0 beat me 2-1, ggs. I won the first, he won the second and third. Congrats!

Game 1: My Jynx lead beat his Gengar lead (without sleeping it) and it was pretty much downhill for ENZ0 from there. I won fairly comfortably.
Game 2: I lost this pretty badly, a couple things didn't go my way but it was fairly clean.
Game 3 (i): This was a good battle, I was looking pretty good going into the endgame but with a lot of weakened Pokemon. I was up like 5-2 but he had some fast guys left and managed to bring it back to a 50/50 with Gengar v Tauros. He won the speed tie but exploded, so we decided to rematch since it was a coin flip outcome anyway and I didn't want to take the win like that.
Game 3 (ii): His Alakazam beat both of my Jynx and Exeggutor into stoss range without ever having the "Alakazam is fast asleep" message display once which put me at a pretty huge disadvantage from the start. I still managed to keep it fairly close thanks in part to a freeze on ENZ0's Chansey but other than that things didn't go my way.

Thanks for hosting and congrats again! Eternal recorded the battles so they will probably be on youtube soon as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)