Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally decided to use the pokemon online simulator... i have no idea what i am doing.... is there a specific server everyone from smogon uses or no? any advice for using this thing?

i have been wondering for awhile now about how to get a team rater badge on smogon. i would just like to know i would get one like what i would have to do to achieve it.
Since no one else is answering, my best bet is to participate on the RMT and be able to understand team synergy and learning about team building. Also, make a couple RMTs yourself.

I finally decided to use the pokemon online simulator... i have no idea what i am doing.... is there a specific server everyone from smogon uses or no? any advice for using this thing?
I believe everyone uses the server called Smogon, but currently it appears to be down as I can't find it on the list.

So, about the move called Round. I saw a gimmick Triples team with Scarf Girafarig, LO P-Z, Sitrus Togekiss, etc. up against pretty fast opponents (things like Terrakion). My question is, even though Serebii says it has a move priority of 0, the P-Z and Togekiss both used Round and it went right after Scarf Girafarig's Round each turn, outspeeding all of the opponent's Pokemon. Does Round actually have a move priority of 1 when another Pokemon on your team has used it already that turn?

So, about the move called Round. I saw a gimmick Triples team with Scarf Girafarig, LO P-Z, Sitrus Togekiss, etc. up against pretty fast opponents (things like Terrakion). My question is, even though Serebii says it has a move priority of 0, the P-Z and Togekiss both used Round and it went right after Scarf Girafarig's Round each turn, outspeeding all of the opponent's Pokemon. Does Round actually have a move priority of 1 when another Pokemon on your team has used it already that turn?
It might work like the combined Oaths, which activate immediately after the slowest one, except that Round would activate on all pokemon immediately after the fastest one.

The Research Thread said:
Confirmed Round: doubles to 120 power if another ally used it first the same round in a Double\Triple Battle. Furthermore, all the Pokemon will use Round immediately after the fastest Pokemon to use Round, regardless of their Speed. (MINSC)

Does 1 turn of Outrage count toward Metronome or does the entire 2-3 turns of Outrage only count once? And how many counts on Metronome are required to equal the strength of a Choice Band?

Does 1 turn of Outrage count toward Metronome or does the entire 2-3 turns of Outrage only count once? And how many counts on Metronome are required to equal the strength of a Choice Band?
Bulbapedia about Metronome's Effect said:
Boosts power of moves used repeatedly. Each time a move is used consecutively, its power is boosted by 10%, increasing up to a maximum of 100%. Switching or using another move returns the move's power to normal. Swipe moves are counted by the number of turns on which they are used, not the number of hits made.
So, five times to equal a choice band. I assume all turns of outrage count based on how people use rollout in those greatest possible damage shuckle calc's.

does anyone know when the locked capsule will be released? i know its for pearl and such, but i dont know when it comes out. or comes out again.
do substitutes gain stat modifiers like double team or iron defense?

I've got a DW Nidoran female with Super Fang, and I've been toying with building it up into a defensively-invested version using Super Fang with Toxic.

Something like,

Dragon Tail
Toxic Spikes (or Toxic Spike support, or Toxic)
Super Fang
And save the fourth slot for, perhaps, Substitute, or something like Earth Power to burn down irritating Steels.

Any thoughts? Should I even bother?

does anyone know when the locked capsule will be released? i know its for pearl and such, but i dont know when it comes out. or comes out again.
do substitutes gain stat modifiers like double team or iron defense?
Countries outside of Japan may never get the Lock Capsule, just like the Azure Flute. And Substitutes use all of your stats, except HP, which includes boosts

Darn... i want that tm...
thanks, you made my day!

in a triple battle, does shadow tag and arena trap from one corner reach the other corner
like this

P P E
S P P

So I'm trying to make a team that includes my favorite Pokemon, Gengar. If anyone can give me some good partners I would really appreciate it. I was thinking that these partners should have a weakness to Fighting or Ground, allowing Gengar to switch in easily. Tyranitar came to mind, and I know it is somewhat commonly used with Gengar and Magnezone, forming a offensive core from the 4th generation. I'm not sure how this core would function in 5th gen, so any advice on that would be appreciated as well. Thank you.

Does Eviolite Chansey not live up to all of its pre-release hype? I've noticed that it's low usage has demoted it to UU.
It takes hits like a Lugia. People just hate stall enough to not want to use it.

For example:

CB Jolly Heracross' Megahorn: 64.5% - 75.9% on Chansey, 51.9% - 61.3% on Lugia.
Specs Modest Heatran's Fire Blast: 23.5% - 27.7% on Chansey, 53.4% - 63% on Lugia.

Chansey just isn't as versatile as Blissey, it's ruined by a few moves, particularly Trick/Switcheroo and Knock Off, and Chansey loses usefulness in Hail and Sandstorm, and since sand is prevalent in OU, it faces more problems walling there

If I have a male Scyther in my BW game with Roost, will the resulting baby also have Roost as an inherited TM move since I'm pretty sure that Roost is no longer a TM move this generation. Thanks.

If I have a male Scyther in my BW game with Roost, will the resulting baby also have Roost as an inherited TM move since I'm pretty sure that Roost is no longer a TM move this generation. Thanks.
Roost is neither a level up move nor an egg move, so it cannot be inherited through breeding.

No, only current TM moves are transferred. Since Roost isn't one of Scyther's egg moves, you cannot get it on a Generation 5 caught/bred Scyther.

Ninja'd.

I've got a DW Nidoran female with Super Fang, and I've been toying with building it up into a defensively-invested version using Super Fang with Toxic.

Something like,

Dragon Tail
Toxic Spikes (or Toxic Spike support, or Toxic)
Super Fang
And save the fourth slot for, perhaps, Substitute, or something like Earth Power to burn down irritating Steels.

Any thoughts? Should I even bother?
I personally wouldn't bother. Yeah, super fang can seem like a decent move, knocking your foe down to 1/2 health on the first turn, but if you're looking for quick kills you're better off using the team slot for something that can actually kill quickly, y'know? Superfang ain't all that super IMO.

The best option, of course, is to follow your heart. Don't be a NidoDrag, just be a NidoQueen I s'pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)