Cicadas In The Summer (Peaked #4)

Cicadas In The Summer

That looks like Shedinja right?
Having really enjoyed Ubers in gen 4, I was eager to find
out how Reshiram, Zekrom and Arceus affect the metagame; so I decided to make a gen 5 Ubers sun team. It took me about an hour per Saturday and Sunday for two weeks to bring me to an outstanding #4. It didn't last long as when I came back a week later I had obviously dropped significantly. Now that it is Summer I am playing more frequently and am now floating around 150-200.​

FIRST LOOK:
The team basically functions on using an amazing core of Shedinja, Ho-oh and Ferrothorn. It has some beautiful embillishments and glue to
hold it together and make it look pretty-like.

This is a team that I quite enjoy playing, with Pokemon that I generally like as well as it being a pretty good team doesn't hurt either. These factors make my first gen 5 Ubers experience an enjoyable one.​

TEAM BUILDING PROCESS:

My general approach for teambuilding is to pick a pokemon I like and use that for my starting point. As I sip my tea and hear the cicadas buzzing under the sun an idea hits me....

Shedinja!
Stare into its eyes.... its disturbing bell-shaped eyes​

Now, Shedinja's main problem is surprise fire and rock attacks coming from pokemon trying to hit Pokemon like Ho-Oh and Ferrothorn...
Thats a brilliant idea! If i have Ferrothorn and Ho-Oh it will draw in fire and rock attacks so Shedinja can figure out where they're coming from and vice versa. Ho-Oh can also take care of the steel types Shedinja hates, while ferrothorn slaps rocks with a power whip and Ho-Oh can take a fire type aimed at the..... whatever Ferrothorn is. Ferrothorn also sets up the entry hazards that Shedinja and Ho-Oh love while providing paralysis support so Ho-oh and Shedinja can outspeed things. I could go on about how perfect this core is but I must get on to the next pokemon.

Don't bully shedinja or his big brothers will beat you up.​

A spinner is the obvious next move but spinners are generally support pokemon and they're gonna need a team to support first. Me needs weather! I can't possibly let sandstorn run around with Shedinja on my team can I?. This brings it down to Groudon vs. Kyogre. hmmm Kyogre cripples Ho-oh AND dicourages opponents from using the fire moves until Shedinja comes out; while Groudon strengthens Ho-oh, gives Ferrothorn a moveslot by being a stealth rock user and adding some more thunder wave support.... hard choice.

Papa Groudon is helping and it's getting hot in here​

Ho-oh is working great and I love the sun. So much I want another sun sweeper. Maybe a fire resist to take the fire moves that Ferrothorn and Shedinja lure in? But just a x2 fire resist would only be neutral thanks to my sun. I need x4 resistance to even be resistant. Another sun sweeper will also pave the way for Ho-Oh to sweep and vice-versa. How can I do an ubers gen 5 team without trying a gen 5 uber. Reshiram is the only one who can fufill these rolls for me.

Mannish looking aunt appears on the scene; its a regular family reunion!​

Okay. Now its time for the spinner. Theres an obvious ice weakness but also a fighting and rock weakness here. This was a really hard choice; Claydol can resist both rock and fighting as well as luring in dark and ghost attacks that Shedinja hates, but its also a Claydol.... Tentacruel can take a fighting and ice move but its main STAB is cut by the sun. Some extra priority and fighting type coverage might be nice. After lots of deliberating I settled on Hitmontop although that choice is far from final.​

Creepy uncle shows up not to help you... but to touch you... in places.​

IN-DEPTH ANALYSIS:

Groudon @ Leftovers
Trait: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock

Groudon normally starts my team off. He gives me perma-sun from the beginning and early Stealth Rock. Thunder Wave can paralyze set up sweepers that come in to set up on Groudon while Earthquake and Stone Edge from Groudon's high attack will punish them. The EV spread is the basic spread for physically defensive Groudon. This Groudon is obviously my physical wall to take threats like pysical Dialga or even extreme kill Arceus in a pinch. This is what I do against the leads that I normally face:

Deoxys speed: The Taunt is inevitable so just go for the Earthquake for the 2HKO. Unfortunately, Stealth Rocks will be up so keeping Hitmontop alive is a priority.

Darkrai: Depending on the rest of the team I will either sleep Ferrothorn or Hitmontop. If he's running a Stealth Rock user I will always sleep Ferrothorn. I will then switch to Hitmontop or Ferrothorn (whichever is awake) and proceed to Close Combat or stall out with paralysis and Leech Seed as they both can take +2 Dark Pulses and Focus Blasts reasonably well.

Kyogre: Ferrothorn can take specs Water Spouts in the sun all day especially with Leech Seed. Groudon's nature ensures that sun will be up as long as Kyogre isnt using a speed reducing nature although I have been thinking about running a neutral nature and 4 speed evs to outrun neutral base 90's with no investment. I'm not sure though. Just an option. I might also send in Shedinja on the Kyogre to scout for fire or rock move switch ins (not that there'd be a fire move on a rain team).

Groudon has the only grass weakness on my team but can be walled by Ho-Oh, Reshiram, Shedinja and Ferrothorn while the Ice weakness can only be taken by Shedinja although most Ice users dont run anything to take out Shedinja. Groudon can take rock moves for Shedinja, Ho-Oh and Reshiram. If I run Tentacruel instead of Hitmontop it can also take electric moves for it.

Ferrothorn (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Leech Seed

Nutshell? UFO? It's a what? A durian?
???????
That aside Ferrothorn is amazing. Its was so high on the usage list for a reason. Ferrothorn acts as my main special wall but still has the phsical defense to take extreme killer Arceus or other resisted pysical hits. He acts as my 2nd paralyzer in order for my Shedinja, Ho-Oh and Reshiram to outspeed opponents. Spikes is the obvious move on Ferrothorn and really helps Reshiram, Shedinja and Ho-oh get valuable kills. Leech Seed helps me stall out things that I can't outright kill while giving Ferrothorn recovery ouside of leftovers and can also be passed to Groudon to allow him to recover or to Ho-Oh to give it a sub seeding thing going on. Power Whip is on here because Gyro Ball and Thunder Wave make a terrible combo.

Ferrothorn acts as my main rain as well as Zekrom counter and as said before, lures out fire move so Shedinja knows when its coming. It can also take the rock moves aimed at Shedinja and Ho-oh with ease. Its fire weakness is hard to deal with because of sun strengthening it but because of Reshiram's x4 weakness to fire he can take them. His fighting weakness is easily taken care of by Ho-oh and Shedinja. At least one of each of my Pokemon's weaknesses is taken care of by Ferrothorn:
Ho-Oh's, Reshiram's and Shedinja's rock weakness is resisted by Ferrothorn; Groudon's water and grass weaknesses is taken care of by the supposed durian and Hitmontop's weakness to psychic moves is halved when used against Ferrothorn.​

I have considered switcing Ferrothorn to bulky Grass Arceus to help alleviate some of my Groudon weakness. I'm just not sure if I can sacrifice Spikes and a steel typing.​

Hitmontop (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 8 Atk / 124 Def / 124 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
He is my temporary spinner for now and a pretty decent one. His marble shaped torso is creepy though.

His EV spread allows him to be a mixed wall of sorts. With a defense stat of: 282, special defense of: 287, a HP of: 304 and Intimidate give him some really nice walling power. Rapid Spin is the whole reason for using him with Sucker Punch for priority in order to kill focus sashers or weakened foes, Close Combat for STAB and extra defense against extreme kill Arceus as well a Stone Edge for coverage, more specifically to surprise Ho-Oh's trying to Brave Bird me to death. I don't run anything to benefit from Technician although I have been thinking about running Mach Punch as a STAB priority move but wouldn't know what to replace it with. Speaking of replacing something, Hitmontop is good but not great. I need to test some other pokemon out; Claydol and Tentacruel are both things I'm considering. Although, neither have worked out for me great in other tiers.

Hitmontop resists rock for Reshiram, Ho-oh and Shedinja as well as dark for Shedinja. He does lure out flying moves for shedinja but I do not have a flying resist on the team; thankfully the most seen flying type user is Ho-oh that Reshiram and Groudon can take a hit from and KO back.
Ferrothorn can also take a psychic move from something like a Psystrike from a Mewtwo that was aimed at Hitmontop.

Ho-Oh @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Sacred Fire
- Brave Bird
- Recover
- Substitute

The pheonix's sprite is gonna make me seizure....

My first sun sweeper and a damn good one. I generally play in dream world with Regeneration but for the sake of a more popular RMT page this is gonna be a wifi team with a Pressure Ho-Oh. Thats not all bad though with Sub and Recover I can easily stall out opponents PP especially if Ferrothorn manages to pass Ho-Oh a Leech Seed. I run max HP barring 1 hit point so I can switch into Stealth Rock twice an make 4 Substitutes without Recovering. I obviously run max attack which only leaves with 8 EVs for speed. As said before Recover allows me to stall PP out especially combined with Substitue.

My Ho-Oh's use has already been said, kill things with its amazing attack boosted by sun while drawing in pokemon with surprise rock attacks. It also shares similar purposes and counters with Reshiram, meaning if those counters are eliminated they both can sweep. Ho-Oh can also take fighting moves aimed at Ferrothorn, grass moves trying to kill Groudon and most special moves thanks to Ho-oh's 344 special defense stat.

Reshiram @ Choice Specs
Trait: Turboblaze
EVs: 16 HP / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Blue Flare
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Flamethrower

Part two of my ultra-super cool sun sweeping duo. I have spent a lot of time deliberating over this set. I started off with max HP and 4 speed thinking that the paralysis support would compensate for the lost speed. After some testing I saw a huge Groudon weakness, once it got a Rock Polish it would take down enough of my team to not be able to beat the rest of my opponents pokemon. Because of this I gave myself enough speed to outspeed a Jolly unboosted Groudon from the analysis (136 speed). I am now even considering running a scarf because Blue Flare in sun gives me enough power. I run the basic specs set from smogon; no need for more type coverage then dragon and fire.

I often switch him in when I know the opponent is gonna set up Stealth Rocks or switch so I can safely switch him in and proceed to kill things from there. He is my only fire resist because fire is strengthened in the sun. He also can take electric moves with ease. Reshiram is another way to lure out rock moves. It's also my only ground weakness that can be dealt with through Ho-Oh or Shedinja. Reshiram is also the greatest way to muscle through Lugia on my team without having to stall it out with Ferrothorn or have to Sub up and waste precious PP on Ho-Oh.

Shedinja @ Focus Sash
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
IVs: 0 Def
Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
- Swords Dance
- X-Scissor
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-O-Wisp

Yes, yes I know Ninjask is more of a cicada then Shedinja but Ninjask is boring.

Here it is, don't mess with it. The EVs are obvious and anymore would be completely useless. 0 Def IVs and Lonely nature give download users like the flamethrower-using Genesect a less useful Attack boost. My item choices are between Focus Sash to always take 1 hit or Lum Berry to not be killed by status. Attackers are much more common in such an offensive metagame as well as unpredictable so Focus Sash seems more practical.

Now for the moveset. A wall set would not fit as well with my core so a swords dancer is my choice. Shedinja's terrible movepool leaves it with two decent coverage and STAB moves; one of which has priority. The last slot was used for Protect in the beginning to scout for surprise rock or fire moves that Shedinja hates so much but i switched to Will-o-Wisp so I can bring Shedinja down to its Sash in order to burn an opposing Groudon or threatening physical sweepers in a pinch. I've talked too much about how amazing Shedinja is so let me just say: 12 immunities.

THREAT LIST:

Blue- Minor Threat
Green- Kinda In-between
Red- Major Threat

Groudon: An annoying little moth... fu... stup... fu... grawr! No real problem with defensive or tankish Groudons. It's the RockPolishers that are gonna be the death of me. I normally sacrifice Shedinja to Will-o-Wisp it and stall it out with Ferrothorn or take a hit and kill it off with Reshiram. The problem is when Stealth Rock is up and I have to sacrifice Hitmontop in order to bring in Shedinja or when Shedinja is already dead. In this case I end up having to hope to KO or stall it out with Ferrothorn, Hitmontop and my own Groudon. If not I will be swept and even if I do KO it my team will be significantly crippled.

Ho-Oh: Grrr... It depends on the speed being run but I normally end up hoping my Groudon doesn't get burned by Sacred Fire in order to kill it with a Stone Edge. Stealth rock is generally up which makes things a little easier but I will generally have to sacrifice at least one member of my team to beat it.

Reshiram: With proper prediction I can switch between Ferrothorn and my own Reshiram especially against a choiced Reshiram. Although mis-prediction or over-prediction could spell doom for a valuable team member.

Arceus: Different types are at different threat levels. Some arent even threats at all. I generally am fine with the bulkier variants but the ghost type can sometimes give me trouble as it always hits Shedinja. Obviously the extreme kill one is annoying but Ferrothorn and Groudon are general good counters if it lacks Shadow Claw then Shedinja can easily set up on it.

Kyogre: I don't think there's a sun team in existance that doesn't have at least a tiny bit of trouble with this guy. Ferrothorn is a great counter to him as he can recover off Kyogre's HP with Leech Seed and set up Spikes. My Groudon's nature ensures that: if we both lead with our weather inducers sun gets up as long as Kyogre isnt running a speed reducing nature. Now, to the best Kyoger counter in existance.... Shedinja! Kyogre runs literally nothing to kill him. The only way I could ever have a possible problem with Kyogre is if: 1. Shedinja is dead and 2: If it is a Calm Mind variant.

CONCLUSION:
I am really enjoying the Ubers metagame and having a succesful team makes everything all the better. Please leave constructive criticism no matter if it's the smallest thing, you're opinion always matters. I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I did writing this!

Hey, great team. I really like the rare use of Shedninja. Looking at Hitmontop, I was wondering if you had considered running Foreseight over stone edge? It would help against ghost types that try to block you and allow for some more Close combat spam.

Does Hitmontop even work in Ubers? I don't see it walling anything. In fact, it gets walled by Lugia, Giratina-o, (who also blocks spin) and Groudon.

yeah I never really liked foresight the only spin blocker I see is giratina and giritana-o one of which I would get 2 or 3 hkod by anyway and the other I couldnt do anything to. The Ho-oh kill is just to valuable...

I dont treat Hitmontop as a wall but as more of a tank. As i said in the RMT hitmontop is only decent and its far from the final decision. Any recomendations for a new spinner would be cool :)

Guys, I see hitmontop as a filler until he can find something better, if you really want a good spinner, Cloud 8, I have a tentacruel that I paired with my own ferrothorn, I use it in OU however.
Squidward (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Sludge Bombbbbb
This is the set. The main premise is to set up t-spikes on my team, but on yours, first priority is to rapid spin, surf and slude bomb are STABs. He has amazing sp. defense paired with ho-oh is also a good core.
I hope this set can help your journey to move on higher in the ubers ladder.

Guys, I see hitmontop as a filler until he can find something better, if you really want a good spinner, Cloud 8, I have a tentacruel that I paired with my own ferrothorn, I use it in OU however.
Squidward (Tentacruel) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Rain Dish
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Sludge Bombbbbb
This is the set. The main premise is to set up t-spikes on my team, but on yours, first priority is to rapid spin, surf and slude bomb are STABs. He has amazing sp. defense paired with ho-oh is also a good core.
I hope this set can help your journey to move on higher in the ubers ladder.
Ice Beam is better than Sludge Bomb as it prevents things such as Rayquaza from setting up. =/

And becase you have no strong priority or a Scarfer, you should have your Reshiram your revenge killer.

Ice Beam is better than Sludge Bomb as it prevents things such as Rayquaza from setting up. =/

And becase you have no strong priority or a Scarfer, you should have your Reshiram your revenge killer.
Oh yeah. This is ubers... I forgot. :P

-You have 3 pokes weak to Fire on a SUN TEAM. Think about it.
-Hitmontop is just not bulky enough to be a reliable spinner
-Giratina should be added to your threat list, as he spinblocks as well as completely walling Hitmontop, as well as half your team, forcing him out and possibly resulting in Rocks staying on the field.
-Ho-Oh walks all over this team with Brave Bird, bar Ferrothorn, which is roasted by Sacred Fire

If Rocks are up, that's basically a forfeit for you, as its not hard to keep a Groudon, Deo-S, etc. to live until Hitmontop is dead, which, in a tier dominated by Psychics, isn't very hard. Did you get to #4 on the Smogon Ubers ladder or the PO one?

Your team looks decent bur I'd definitely put Foretress or Tentacruel over Hitmontop and put Scarf Palkia over Reshiram. This would strengthen your team against Kyogre and give a more durable spinner who can also set up hazards. I'd especially consider Tentacruel since A) Your team could use a Fire resist and B) Boil over is more used to try and cause burns then deal damage. I'd also change Ho-Oh to the Nitro Charge sweeper variant. You wouldn't believe how fun it is to kill that goddamn whale with Brave Bird.

If using Tentacruel, as I said in the RMTits STAB would be cut so using sludge bomb and Ice beam might be ok even though it provides bad coverage. Running tentacruel would also add another weakness to Groudon's EdgeQuake combo... Even though it has nice type synergy rain dish is completely useless and toxic spikes and scald burns go against the paralysis users on the team. Tentacruel wont even resist fire due to sun strengthening it to neutral damage. But, I've been meaning to test it asnyway. But just to be clear HE IS MY TEMPORARY SPINNER.

On the note of the fire resist from water warrior... I only have 2 weaknesses to fire and the sun strengthening fire moves against them doesnt really count as theyed both be OHKO'd by a fire move anyway. I also have the only viable fire resist on a sun team being Reshiram as I said many times that Fire attacks are neutral against x2 resistant pokemon in the sun. Having that x2 resist on the sun is something a good sun team that doesnt run Reshiram cant boast.

Ferrothorn loves both giratina and kyogre as it can sap health from their high HP's wiith leechseed and set up 3 layers of spikes in ther faces. Although I will add both to threat list in order to be more thorough.

About Reshiram vs. Palkia. Palkia 2 main advantages over Reshiram, (countering Kyogre and water STAB) aare alleviated by sun as sun and ferrothorn makes Kyogre easy to deal with while Palkia's water stab is cut by sun. I am about to test scarf Reshiram. Am also considerding other prominent scarfers such as Dialga and even Mewtwo

I played this team mostly on PO and thats where I reached #4 although I would play on Smogn if PO was down.

Bout the spinner I find Hitmontop to be more bulky then even Tentacuel maybe thats because I have higher expectations for Tenta but whatever. Forretress and Ferrothorn would be hilarious on a sun team together (not in a good way): they both have roles and typing. And Forretress is just to crappy to replace Ferrothorn. Hitmontop can also take a bulky Ho-Oh's Brave Bird. Yeah.... Im also starting to test Claydol and you odnt have to tell me it doesnt have uber level defenses ( just as you did with Hitmontop many times....) but I was pleasantly surprised with Hitmontop so maybe Claydol will work out. Again: HITMONTOP IS ONLY TEMPORARY UNTIL I DO SIGNIFICANTLY MORE TESTING.

I think thats it. Im about to test the ideas I metioned aboove (when its not 4:41 in the morning). So wish me luck and keep the ratings coming

Sigh. You have to realize the sun isn't always going to be up. When Kyogre switches in it's gone. Even Ferrothorn isn't going to be enjoying Specs boosted Water Spouts in the rain. Your team is also extremely weak to Stealth Rock and a frail spinner isn't going to be around for long while Groudon, Forretress and Ferrothorn can and will easily outlast it and get rocks right back up. If you really didn't want to have a weakened Stab then you could use Foretress who gives you another Dragon resist and can set up hazards. Foretress also has Toxic to severly cripple Giratina or extremekiller Arceus (who your quite weak to). Also you lack a revenge killer or even a reliable priority attack which is extremely important in Ubers. If I had a Nitro Charge Ho-Oh at +1 Speed and Groudon was even at maybe around 2/3 health then that would decimate your team in the sun, everything would be OHKOed by Sacred Fire or Brave Bird.

How many times have I said that Hitmontop isnt my final spinner. I think i got that everyone thought it was frail 10 comments ago. Predicting right and playing smartly allows me to keep Hitmontop for quite a long time also the most prominent stealth rock users can be easily dealt with through my fire types. People underestimate the power of Shedinja's shadow sneak especially after a swords dance which I can easily acquire by switching in to my (supposed) counter Kyogre. Im quite aware that sun isnt going to be up constantly but stop acting like I will just leave Groudon and Hitmontop to die without knowing my opponents full team. And when I switch Groudon rain is gone; That doesnt mean I have a definite counter to it. I talked about my Ho-oh, Groudon and Arceus weakness in the counters section and the idea is not to just repeat what I or others said but to contribute something new I also talked about how I was about to test scarf reshiram and other scarfers for a revenge killer if you bothered to look above. I also talked before about why I wouldnt use Forretress and Im no longer going to repeat what I already said because people wont read all the comments. Stop being reedundant and actually give me something other then: "Hitmontop is too frail"

EDIT: Scarf Reshiram is working out well and is helping with some of my Ho-oh/Groudon weaknesses. I wont make the final cahnge until I test its compatibility with other team member options and update everything at once. A recommendation for a spinner that I didnt already say I wasnt using would help as well as a scarfer that works on a sun team. I dont think I will end up replacing Reshiram though

This is a nice team. If you want to increase your speed a bit, how about Tailwind on Ho-oh? not only is his speed boosted, but Reshirams can be boosted as well. A simple BB/Sacred fire/Tailwind/roost set could work, although if you normally play DW, roost can actually be replaced by EQ

Interesting idea Cherub, I will definetely test it at least. Although Earthquake and Flamecharge have enough competition for the set. Thunder wave helps the speed problme too but I will test it regardless. Thanks. Keep the rates coming! :)

if you want a good revenge killer, give Palkia a shot. It counters Kygore to death and it covers your fire weakness.

Also maybe get rid of Ferro for a Forry? He sets up all forms of hazards AND can Rapid Spin AND can carry Payback to hit the Giratinas. Just a thought.

At least someone wsnt an asshole when being repetitve. I talked about why I wouldnt use Forry and Palkia before and it would be great if everyone read the comments berfore commenting themselves. If you think my reasons arent good or dont make sense or have an alternative argument then Im all ears :)

Well in Ubers there are only really 5 spinners. Tenta(who you turned down), Hitmontop(who you want to replace), Forry(who you don't like), Donphan(lol), and Excadrill.

You could try Exca if you want. Though that's about it for options with Rapid Spinning in Ubers.

polop

Would you look at the time?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Actually there's aslo kabutops and armaldo since both get swift swim you could try using it to alleviate your kyogre problem... and hooh problem (its the stone age all over again)but they're defenses are far from bad they're HORRIBLE (gasps). Sadly that also means that if your against an opposing sun team you start the match at a 5-6. BUT thats not my point, rather then trying to spin why not just prevent the hazards in the first place with..... MAGIC BOUNCE :D. Xatu looks like its a good option since it sets up dual screens (ARCEus and rp groudon cry at their reflection) and can give safe switches to your choice scarf resh with u-turn.

huh xatu is something i havent considered good thought. I have been behind with testing sets thanks to a busy life and trying out RU but these are the things I wanna test:

Spinners/ Entry Hazard eliminaters: Claydol....
Tentacruel
Xatu- working quite well... bteer then Hitmontop? Im not sure. Im gonna test other sets and other spinners and see. ;)
Espeon- not bulky enough when compared to Xatu

Revenge killers instead of scarf Reshiram: Scarf Mewtwo- not enough power
Scarf Palkia
any other revenge killer recomendations?

Alternative sets: Set-up sweep Groudon (if running magic bouncer for stealth rock support)
SubCharge Ho-oh
Tailwind Ho-oh
Flame charge Reshiram
Protect vs. will o wisp on Shedinja
any other reccomendations?

as I edit the pookemon and rmt I will also probbaly edit the aesthetics of the RMT with backsprites, items etc. if you could recomend any changs in that respect it would be cool too.
Like I said Ive been really busy lately so I dont know when I will finish all the testing but will keep you posted with any results. <3

Ummmm... they dont. I already said why I wouldnt use foresight if thats what you were talkng about... :/

BTW. Ive been testing out scarf mewtwo and (Id never thought Id say this) it lacks the raw power.... that Reshiram has under sun with blue flare. This is the set |I was running:

Mewtwo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Psystrike
- Flamethrower
- Aura Sphere
- Ice Beam

The timid nature and odd speed EVs are so I can outspeed +2 adamant Groudon woth the spares dumped into HP for bulk. I'll be testing xatu vs espeon next although I dont know how much screens will matter because most of my pokes will be flat out KOd by something or take a hit with flying colours (Get it.... flying colours... Im so fuckin hilarious). So any recomeendations for a set on either one would be nice (I will be testing all the smogon sets anyway)

EDIT: Forgot to mention.... Ive been running Stone edge instead of flamethrower on scarf reshiram just for the extra insurance against Ho-oh. Tell me what you think about it or if I should keep flamethrower and have Stone edge over dragon pulse

EDIT AGAIN: Im fairly confident that xatu is the superior option but I need help with the set for now. This is the set I was running:

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- FeatherDance
- Roost
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]

It has the EV spread and nature from the uber analysis but the moveset from the OU analysis. I tailored this et to counter all the prominent hazard users: Ferrothorn and Forretress are taken care of by a sun boosted HP fire, Deoxys speed gets its taunt that is probably used on Groudon bounced back to it, Psychic is a 2hko iirc on tentacruel while it can do nothing to me if the sun is up and wall groudon only gets a 3hko once i get a featherdance up.

I could make it more specially bulky with featherdance but Im not sure. Help is definetely aprreciated!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)