VGC '11 US National - Indianapolis - July 8th to 10th - WON by superwolfe & Cybertron

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I checked in late, so I didn't see anyone there :(

Hope I can meet up with some of you folks tomorrow, and as a side note, is anyone staying at the Wingate hotel?

andrea

/me cresselias
I also picked up the wrong bag after I left, so I had to sprint back into the convention center. It had my iPod and wallet in it, so I'm glad I was able to get it back.
lol that was Chad's bag (my boyfriend). He was worried since it had my stuff in there but also said that if you didn't trade it back that he would have gotten the better end of the deal. ;P

The number of rounds depends on how many players show up, and 16 people make the day 2 cut per division, I believe.
I've played lots of Swiss tournaments, so I'm familiar with the standard cutoffs. And only 112 players can even be qualified for nationals, which means attendance of around what, 90? Which normally is... 7 rounds of swiss? Does that sound accurate?

I've played lots of Swiss tournaments, so I'm familiar with the standard cutoffs. And only 112 players can even be qualified for nationals, which means attendance of around what, 90? Which normally is... 7 rounds of swiss? Does that sound accurate?
I think so. You probably have more experience then me in the matter though, so I'll trust you on it.

(lol bought 24 hours of internet for $13)

Today was awesome, and the competition hasn't even started yet! I managed to get a picture with every Senior from Smogon and Ninahaza, who dressed like a total boss ;)

'grats to TDS, 3lmo, Duke, and ABC for making it!

See you all tomorrow morning ^_^

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It was 7 rounds last year. Makes for nailbiting rounds when you get to 7 and you're soooooooooooooo close but you know if you lose one more time you would be out but if you win one more time you're in!!!!!!!!

No, they have your names and stuff, registration is just to confirm that everyone is there and to create player rosters and stuff :)

Celestavian

Smooth
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
lol that was Chad's bag (my boyfriend). He was worried since it had my stuff in there but also said that if you didn't trade it back that he would have gotten the better end of the deal. ;P
Yeah. I got a bit confused when I reached into "my" bag and took out a Tepig hat and women's clothes. I'm just thankful that I was able to get my stuff back without any of it getting stolen. I hope you guys got your bag back as well.

FFFFFFF, I wanted to come, and I would've been there 2 hours ago, but we missed our flight by 4 minutes because the idiot telling us which gate our plane was supposed to be in gave us the wrong freaking gate, which is why we wasted our time. So they assign us another ticket, we go to ATLANTA of all places. I mean, we have to go their first THEN indiana, which is so stupid because the trip to atlanta is about that same as to indiana -_-. So because we came late, we can't even participate because we won't even get there before most of the seniors/juniors is over. THANK YOU PRICELINE FOR GIVING US SHITTY TICKETS AND RUINING OUR SUMMER.

Bad luck Shinyweavile I hope luck will start going your way.

About to leave to go to nat today.Just want to past the beginning of it the preliminarily I am going to have fun.Just need to past it.Hope to see everyone there.I am going to where a white pokemon shirt carry a pikachu and had a batman hat remember this.

:( Ouch man, that's harsh, you've still got worlds LCQ is you really wanna.
Good luck to all going, especially to Cybertron and Unreality XD
Smogon Seniors FTW :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)