Technical Support (read OP before posting!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
When's the PO server going back up?
I'm wondering the same. It's been down for over a day now and you haven't even let people know if you're on it or anything. At least give us some feedback that it's being looked at.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Rising_Dusk will bring it back online when he logs on. He hasn't been on since the 27th. There is literally nothing we can do but be patient.

This is kind of a dumb question but how exactly do I register my user/pass for the first time? I press the go online and it prompts for a password and since I don't have one I press cancel and it immediately disconnects me from the server.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
that's cos somebody already registered that username, try again with a new name

if you can successfully get on, then you can't miss the Register button on the bottom

When's the PO server going back up?
There has been many windows automatic updates lately that require a restart unless canceled by the user. And I would guess that the PO server is/was running on an extra computer somewhere out of the way. I'm sure it will be back up soon

When I tried connecting today to the smogon server it gave me an error message:

Error while connected to server -- Received error n°0: Connection refused

How can I fix this? I was on this server yesterday and it was fine. I can also connect to the Pokemon Online server fine.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
The Smogon server appears to be down at the moment. We just have to wait for it to be fixed.

I just need to let everyone know that the recently released 1.0.23 PO version isn't backwards compatible with the 1.0.20 version that the SU server operates on. This results in the server crashing repeatedly because of trying to interface with the 1.0.23 version of the client. However, the 1.0.23 server version has critical glitches that need to be fixed before I can upgrade and have it be worth it. This means that until PO releases a fix to 1.0.23 that corrects these glitches, you all will have to deal with constant server crashes. In the meantime, please try to be patient.

I use an intel mac with snow leopard OS X and I have not been able to download the recent 1.0.23 update and have not since then been able to access the Smogon University or Pokemon Online servers. I am getting only the less populated servers on the server join list after going online. Does anyone know what my problem is and a solution for it?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Both servers are currently down. The post directly above yours addresses the situation.

The server could always downgrade until the patch is released, couldn't it? That way a lot more people can more easily practice for various tournaments that are coming within the next week.

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Before downloading 1.0.23 for mac, i need to know, does the battle window randomly disappear like in 1.0.20? I'm tired of switching over to windows just to go on PO.

p.s. running 10.6.x Snow Leopard at the moment.

Stellar

of the Distant Past
I have never had that problem with 1.0.20. It must be something about your computer. As far as I know, that problem is not present in 1.0.23 either.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ugh, I always get this message when I try to connect to smogons server...

Your client version (1.0.21) doesn't match with the server's (1.0.20_
Error while connected to server -- Received error n°1: The remote host closed the connection

I have the latest version for leopard computers. Ive tried redownloading the program and nothing different happened. I can connect to PO server fine, so why cant I to this server? And I have also already tried advanced connection and nothing......

word bird, dont think this has been answered yet or i may have skimmed over it. sorry

I can't seem to get onto the Smogon server, although the Pokemon Online server works just fine for me. When I attempt to get on the server, All the fields (players, battles, channels, and main chat) are blank and after a long while I get the following message:

Error while connected to server -- Received error n°5: Connection timed out

I've upgraded to the latest version of PO, so that's not it...

The one thing is as soon as as I click on the Smogon server, I get a balloon from the task bar from Malwarebytes, saying its blocked access to a potentially malicious website. I tried setting pokemon-online.exe in the Ignore List on Malwarebytes, but that had no effect.

Any ideas? Any support is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)