Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'm trying it out and so far it works wonders. Btw, for the last move, I tried Fire/Thunder Fang (I already have plenty of dragon types on my team, so no Outrage) and they're not that great. Instead, I'm using pursuit, which forces my opponent into mindgames (Stay in and risk a Crunch, or switch and get Pursuited?)
Personally I would stick with being Pursued. It only doubles to the base power of Crunch if I were to switch, so staying and getting hit by something that has half the power of Crunch seems better. But I'm fairly new to "competitive play" so what the fuck do I know?

I have a Modest Chandelure with Ivs of roughly 30/30/30/30/30/30 for HP Fighting. What would be the best ev spread for this Chandelure? Also, how many HP evs would be best for it (if I was aiming to make it either a choice scarfer of a bulky specs user)? I ask this because Chandelure is stealth rock weak and I'd like an HP value that rounds down such damage..

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I have a Modest Chandelure with Ivs of roughly 30/30/30/30/30/30 for HP Fighting. What would be the best ev spread for this Chandelure? Also, how many HP evs would be best for it (if I was aiming to make it either a choice scarfer of a bulky specs user)? I ask this because Chandelure is stealth rock weak and I'd like an HP value that rounds down such damage..
Maybe a spread of 44 HP / 252 SAtk / 212 Spd?

Enough to outspeed TTar and I think the HP amount (275) rounds down, though I'm not too sure. :x

Sorry.

What IVs do I need to get HP Fighting 60? (For Technician Roserade)
You'll want Hidden Power 59, as I believe HP-60 requires you to drop a Speed point.

Anyways, these are the IV spreads for HP Fighting 59:
31/31/30/28/30/30
30/30/31/28/30/30
30/31/30/28/30/30

Keep in mind that Hidden Power requires you to drop a Speed point in order to be Fighting-type, so lowering to 59 prevents being forced to use a Speed IV of 28.

Can someone help improve my team (this isn't a RMT because my team is only in testing and not complete) via PM? My team includes Tyranitar, Scizor, Virizion, Latios, Doryuuzu, and Rotom-W. More details will be revealed via PM (don't want to get my team "leaked") I should add that I'm planning on playing BW Wifi.
Anybody?

I just realized that Blastoise's name comes from "tortoise". If that's the case, shouldn't it be pronounced as "Blas-tus" rather than "Blas-toys"?

I just realized that Blastoise's name comes from "tortoise". If that's the case, shouldn't it be pronounced as "Blas-tus" rather than "Blas-toys"?
Objection!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxqWygoPtJw&feature=related
This is a video showing the Official Pokemon Handbook (Not my video, I take no credit, yadda yadda yadda.)
Pause and skip to 3:30. Under "Pronunciation", it clearly says "Blast-Oys."
Meaning, that even if the syllable, "Toise" came from the word Tortoise, the pronunciation doesn't have to be the same!

... wow, I really need a life.

Objection!
This is a video showing the Official Pokemon Handbook (Not my video, I take no credit, yadda yadda yadda.)
Meaning, that even if the syllable, "Toise" came from the word Tortoise, the pronunciation doesn't have to be the same!

I noticed the same thing. And even though you are correct, Virizion said "shouldn't it" in which case they still are correct. And also keep in mind that the proper way to pronounce Pokémon is poke-A-mon, but the only people I know who pronounce it that way are paid spokespersons, so it seems to be more of a preference than a set "correct" pronunciation

Objection!

could it be a language matter. lost in translation and stuff?

dont worry. i need a life too...

aside from a steel wormadam, are there any one-weakness pokemon that can learn skill swap, role play, etc.

Skill Swap can't swap Wonder Guard, just saying. I'll keep looking for users though: Blissey, Stanler, Spinda, Kecleon, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Tauros, Ambipom, Arceus

could it be a language matter. lost in translation and stuff?

dont worry. i need a life too...

aside from a steel wormadam, are there any one-weakness pokemon that can learn skill swap, role play, etc.
Skill Swap - Chansey, Stantler, Blissey, Spinda, Kecleon /trollface

Role Play - Stantler, Spinda, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Tauros, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Aipom, Stantler, Kecleon, Ambipom, Arceus-Normal, Arceus-Electric, Arceus-Poison holding a balloon /even bigger trollface

Edit: Sad Ninja'd Troll

Skill Swap - Chansey, Stantler, Blissey, Spinda, Kecleon /trollface

Role Play - Stantler, Spinda, Clefairy, Clefable, Jigglypuff, Wigglytuff, Tauros, Cleffa, Igglybuff, Aipom, Stantler, Kecleon, Ambipom, Arceus-Normal, Arceus-Electric, Arceus-Poison holding a balloon /even bigger trollface

Edit: Sad Ninja'd Troll
What, no Smeargle?

Skill Swap can't swap Wonder Guard, just saying. I'll keep looking for users though: Blissey, Stanler, Spinda, Kecleon, Clefable, Wigglytuff, Tauros, Ambipom, Arceus
yeah, i looked into that bout a year ago for spiritomb :(
i was thinking more along the lines of flash fire to a forretress. sap sipper to swampert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)