Black and White UU Tournament - Round 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Approved by Earthworm and Jackal

Black and White UU Tournament – Round 4​

Sign-ups Round 1 Round 2 Round 3

How to Join or Host a Tournament

Welcome to Smogon’s first ever-5th generation UU tournament!

Rules:
  • Battles will be played on the Pokémon Online simulator. The server you choose to play on is up to you and your opponent.
  • Standard OU – Gen V UU. Refer to the UU subforum for more information.
  • Any Pokémon that is not considered OU and Uber is allowed (refer to the banlist below)
    • If during the middle of a round, a Pokémon, ability combination, etc. moves into or out of UU, those changes will be effective starting in the next round.​
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.

Clauses:
  • Sleep
  • Species Clause
  • Wifi Battle

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter.

With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

The following Pokémon and abilities are banned during this tournament:
Pokemon:

Arceus
Blaziken
Blissey
Breloom
Bronzong
Chandelur
Cloyster
Conkeldur
Darkrai
Darmanita
Deoxys
Deoxys-A
Deoxys-S
Dialga
Dragonite
Excadrill
Ferrothorn
Forretres
Garchomp
Gengar
Giratina
Giratina-O
Gliscor
Groudon
Gyarados
Haxorus
Heatran
Hippowdon
Ho-Oh
Hydreigon
Infernape
Jellicent
Jirachi
Kyogre
Kyurem
Landorus
Latias
Latios
Lucario
Lugia
Machamp
Magnezone
Manaphy
Metagross
Mewtwo
Mienshao
Ninetales
Palkia
Politoed
Porygon2
Rayquaza
Reshiram
Reuniclus
Rotom-W
Salamence
Scizor
Scrafty
Shaymin-S
Skarmory
Starmie
Swampert
Tentacrue
Terrakion
Thundurus
Tornadus
Toxicroak
Tyranitar
Vaporeon
Venusaur
Virizion
Volcarona
Whimsicot
Zekromcot
Zekrom

Abilities:

Drought

Reminder: The Pokémon Kyurem and the ability Drought is now banned.

Pairings

Lady Bug vs MDragon
Delta2777 vs -Manu-
IK. vs Fried Rhys
reachzero vs uragg
kaonohiokala vs JcpdragonX
Gabranth vs purplefingers
Grimm70 vs AndViet
Private vs Folgorio

Deadline: Friday July 8th, 2011 at 11:59 PST.

*Notice the one week deadline for this round. This deadline is subject to change due to the timing of the UU voting. However, this deadline will not be moved up.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Thanks for putting the round up Symphony, I'll contact Grimm70 as soon as possible.

Lady Bug vs MDragon
Delta2777 vs -Manu-
IK. vs Fried Rhys
reachzero vs uragg
kaonohiokala vs JcpdragonX
Gabranth vs purplefingers
Grimm70 vs AndViet
Private vs Folgorio

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Top Tutoris a Top Team Rateris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
RMT Leader
Activity post, contacted Grimm70 just waiting to see him online so we could get the battle done.

symphonyx64

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I'm extending the deadline until the UU voting is complete +1 extra day. When I get a better idea of when that date is, I will announce it here. In addition, since there are only two matches left, I expect them to be done. No exceptions.

symphonyx64

New deadline is Monday July 25th, 2011 at 11:59 PST. I'm waiting on one match; so no excuse for it not to get done:

Delta2777 vs. -Manu-

Can I ask why the deadline is the 25th? Voting will likely be done by then and all the matches are complete.

Oh and you bolded Delta's name.

symphonyx64

I have a few important announcements to make.

First, I'd like to thank the remaining participants for being patient during this long round.

As you know, I have extended the deadline till tonight in hopes that the UU voting would be completed. In fact, it should be done very soon. However, that is not the issue at hand. I'm sure that many of you noticed that Smogon's Pokémon Online server is not up an has not been up for a good period of time. Issues I cannot discuss is preventing the server from being back up. Now, if I were to wait until UU voting is completely done with a new list of bans, I could tell you not to use those Pokémon. But, without a server, that would be unfair of me to do. You could not test your teams or even get a feel for what the potentially new metagame is all about.

As a result of these recent complications and after talking to a few people about this situation, I am deciding to just go ahead with this tournament with the current metagame. Again, thank you for being patient and sorry if you were looking forward to a new metagame in this tournament. If everything is sorted out by the next round, I will implement the latest tiering changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)