Gen V Initial UU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am watching youtube battles, and always, when someone is going to have a UU battle, im like:"Begin begin, fun, fun, battle, bat, hit, hit, no, no, UU, Under Used, UU, YEEEESSSSS!!!!!!!!"(!!!!!!!)

Nope they're all banned. I think Blaziken is a glitch or something. But all forms of Blaziken are banned, not a combo of Blaziken+Speed Boost

Dozz

Has anyone in this family ever seen a chicken?
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Well, since I have a break until VGC, I thought I'd get back into UU, as I loved it in Gen IV. Holy Hell, what has happened? This meta looks mad. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Well, since I have a break until VGC, I thought I'd get back into UU, as I loved it in Gen IV. Holy Hell, what has happened? This meta looks mad. Can't wait to sink my teeth into it.
It's hard to get used to, when you first dip into, you see old OU favorites like suicune, zapdos, and flygon, but it really is a nice experience.

usage stats are out, Tornadobro is officially UU, along with Whimsicott and P2. Espeon gets her ass booted out of UU(bad news to all BP users worldwide and good news to the anti-BPers)

Technically tornadobro would be still OU because it was #54 in usage and Chompy was #15, bumping everything below it up one place.
I'm pretty sure it's by percentage, not by place. IIRC the magic cutoff is 3.41%. Tornadus stays OU.

I'm pretty sure if latias is in UU, it will get banned to BL before it can even make impact with anything. I'm surprised with how many OU mons in the 4th gen get lowered down to UU. Swampert and empoleon I'm happy about though.
Lately I've been in the RU tier and I kinda sucked in that metagame. So I used an RU team in UU and guess what? It swept with almost no probs whatsoever. Krookodile eats Victini up, and typhlosion can sweep most of this tier with Eruption. I'm also pleasantly surprised with Drapion. After a swords dance, it can hurt a lot of things in this tier.

I definitely think Latias should be at least BL. It's inevitable that there will be a Soul Dew event, but until then, Latias with Calm Mind is simply too good to be UU.

I definitely think Latias should be at least BL. It's inevitable that there will be a Soul Dew event, but until then, Latias with Calm Mind is simply too good to be UU.
1. Latias is nowhere near UU right now. She isn't nearly as popular as her brother Latios, but she's risen FAR away from the UU Cutoff.
2. Theorymon is second to experience. Alakazam was slated to be "broken" in Gen IV UU, but he wasn't due to factors people failed to predict.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Umm, what? Like Espeon+Ditto? Espeon was banned from UU and Ditto is an awful, awful Pokemon without its hidden ability...

What's the most efficient way to tell exactly what pokemon and or moves and or abilities one can use in UU? The strategy pokedex can sort by tier, and I have gathered that RU can be used in UU, but what the hell am I supposed to make of the limbo tier? Limbo includes both vileplume and keldeo. It's pretty clear which one I should be able to use in UU buuuuut...

What I'm looking for is just a list. A list that says this is what's legal in UU. I don't want this list to exclude RU pokes and unevolved, and I don't want to have to hunt through voting threads to try and figure out what is banned.

This goes for all the tiers. It would be nice to just have a simple list as the first sticky underneath each tier's forum.

The way tiering works here is that you can use anything in a tier + anything in a lower tier. For example, OU can use UU and RU Pokemon, UU can use RU Pokemon, and RU can use anything that's not UU or higher.

The problem with what your asking is that most lists would include an absurd amount of Pokemon (eg UU's list would be every single Pokemon minus Ubers and Overused). It's simply not a feasible request. If you want a list of "common" Pokemon Pokemon, just look at the stats sticky. Otherwise just look at the strat dex and combine the UU + RU tiers. Banned Pokemon are not included in the UU tier, they are labeled "BL" in the dex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)