5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Does anyone know what IV values I would need to put in to get HP Ground on a Volcarona? Is it possible to make all IVs except Attack 31 and still get HP Ground?

Hold the necessary keypresses down immediately after you start your game (after you hit 'A' at the required Time). You can let go of them after the white Nintendo logo has faded.
Thanks!!!

First just test RNGing, I started on stationaries, you can try searching for random IVs (then just turn the game off) to make sure you have it down. 1 or 2 should be fine because with 3 you can get some really awkward combinations. So once you get the hang of 1 or 2 you can set the number of keypresses to 3.
I should find again my parameters when trying using keypresses???

Does anyone know what IV values I would need to put in to get HP Ground on a Volcarona? Is it possible to make all IVs except Attack 31 and still get HP Ground?

No, all 31 but Atk 31 is Dragon or Dark with power pending the IV, here is a list of HP Ground 70:

With >=30 : 31/31/31/30/30/31, 31/30/31/30/30/31, 30/31/31/30/30/31, 30/30/30/31/30/30

Atk <30 in best spread of 31/x/31/30/30/31. Replace x with any of 27, 26 23, 22, 19,18, 15, 14, 11, 10, 7, 6, 3, and 2.

Of course you can use x/31/31/30/30/31 or 30/30/30/x/30/30 and find the numbers x can replace on those but the spread i gave you is the ideal one.

No, all 31 but Atk 31 is Dragon or Dark with power pending the IV, here is a list of HP Ground 70:

With >=30 : 31/31/31/30/30/31, 31/30/31/30/30/31, 30/31/31/30/30/31, 30/30/30/31/30/30

Atk <30 in best spread of 31/x/31/30/30/31. Replace x with any of 27, 26 23, 22, 19,18, 15, 14, 11, 10, 7, 6, 3, and 2.

Of course you can use x/31/31/30/30/31 or 30/30/30/x/30/30 and find the numbers x can replace on those but the spread i gave you is the ideal one.
Ah, thank you very much. So the ideal one is 31/x/31/30/30/31? So it's impossible to have a flawless Special Attack and Special Defense IV on an HP Ground Volcarona?

I've just never attempted a stationary rng before. I'm attempting cobalion right now and can't seem to get a feel for my starting frame.
Hmm... well, there's no NPCs in the Guidance Chamber. Are you hitting your seed correctly? If you get the right IVs, that means you've hit your seed.

Finding a starting frame for it might be difficult since you can only go by its Nature. If you're using a Synchronizer, take it out of the first slot so you have a better chance at getting a different nature. Doesn't PPRNG have an option for calculating a starting PID frame? I'm asking because RNG Reporter 9.81 does, so I would imagine PPRNG does to.

Edit: If you aren't going for shinyness, then starting PID frame doesn't matter. If you are, then ignore the edit :P

Hmm... well, there's no NPCs in the Guidance Chamber. Are you hitting your seed correctly? If you get the right IVs, that means you've hit your seed.

Finding a starting frame for it might be difficult since you can only go by its Nature. If you're using a Synchronizer, take it out of the first slot so you have a better chance at getting a different nature. Doesn't PPRNG have an option for calculating a starting PID frame? I'm asking because RNG Reporter 9.81 does, so I would imagine PPRNG does to.

Edit: If you aren't going for shinyness, then starting PID frame doesn't matter. If you are, then ignore the edit :P
Thank you for all the help, I think my timer0 is acting up :/ Damn, all the other PID's are really high XD. I'm hitting the delay but I've only gotten the correct IV's once, and yes I'm going for shiny :P

EDIT: Nope, no starting PID frame calc :(

Doesn't PPRNG have an option for calculating a starting PID frame? I'm asking because RNG Reporter 9.81 does, so I would imagine PPRNG does to.
Yes, RNG Reporter 9.81 has this option. Main Screen under Nature, Ability, Encounter Slot says Calculate PIDRNG Starting Frame. He can click this and find it out. Also it won't appear if you haven's chosen PIDRNG Method or Breeding BW Method.

Thank you for all the help, I think my timer0 is acting up :/ Damn, all the other PID's are really high XD. I'm hitting the delay but I've only gotten the correct IV's once, and yes I'm going for shiny :P

EDIT: Nope, no starting PID frame calc :(
Lol, there is no delay in Gen. V Standard abuse. :P But, just keep trying to hit your seed and once you get the IVs, check the nature you got and see if any PID frames 40-70 match (If more than one match, assume the lowest matching frame is your starting frame).

Yes, RNG Reporter 9.81 has this option. Main Screen under Nature, Ability, Encounter Slot says Calculate PIDRNG Starting Frame. He can click this and find it out. Also it won't appear if you haven's chosen PIDRNG Method or Breeding BW Method.
Yeah, I know, I was asking about PPRNG, not RNG Reporter :P

Lol, there is no delay in Gen. V Standard abuse. :P But, just keep trying to hit your seed and once you get the IVs, check the nature you got and see if any PID frames 40-70 match (If more than one match, assume the lowest matching frame is your starting frame).
By delay, I meant my time or whatever XD Idk what to call it! But I'll keep trying. All I really want is Terrakion but i know if I skip this guy I'll regret it later :/

Ah, thank you very much. So the ideal one is 31/x/31/30/30/31? So it's impossible to have a flawless Special Attack and Special Defense IV on an HP Ground Volcarona?
Yea, I think to get HP Ground 70 it is impossible. the only one with 31 in Sp. Atk is 30/30/30/31/30/30 which is not ideal. 31/x/31/30/30/31 because it gives you 3 perfect IV on stats Volcarona actually cares about instead of just one.

Hi, can anyone help me find out what is wrong here? Does the initial starting frame finder not work?

I was using the full seed 0557E84C06CA869A to find a shiny litwick in the tower. The starting frame finder didn't work, so I found the starting frame to be on 56 manually.

When I do 6 chatters like it should be from there, I get a bashful female litwick with ability 0. However, when I do 1,2,3,4,7,8 chatters, they all match up. What am I doing wrong here?

The date and time settings are 11/18/2011 3:05:22 with a+right+down keypresses if that is needed.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
So, I'm trying to do shaking spot abuse in the Wellspring Cave, but I have some questions.

When I've done 126 steps with 4 Pokémon in my party, I'm next to my shaking spot. Did a Sweet Scent at this point, and caught a Female Roggenrola with the IV's of my spread. Got 2 options for this Roggenrola. It could've been PID frame 297 or PID frame 401. I guess it'll be 401 then? Also, my Shiny PID is on 406, but when at 401, I have to make 1 turn and 1 step forward to land into the Shaking Spot. Tried 2 and 3 Chatters, but on both tries I got a Gem. Am I really on PID 401? And what do I have to do to make sure that 406 is a Gem and not a Drilbur?

So, I'm trying to do shaking spot abuse in the Wellspring Cave, but I have some questions.

When I've done 126 steps with 4 Pokémon in my party, I'm next to my shaking spot. Did a Sweet Scent at this point, and caught a Female Roggenrola with the IV's of my spread. Got 2 options for this Roggenrola. It could've been PID frame 297 or PID frame 401. I guess it'll be 401 then? Also, my Shiny PID is on 406, but when at 401, I have to make 1 turn and 1 step forward to land into the Shaking Spot. Tried 2 and 3 Chatters, but on both tries I got a Gem. Am I really on PID 401? And what do I have to do to make sure that 406 is a Gem and not a Drilbur?
There is nothing you can do if it is a gem instead of a drillbur.It is 40%,if you go to the shiny frame and it is a gem,the only thing you can do is move to abother seed...Also you dont sweet scent,you walk in the dust till you find a pokemon to discover where you fell on PID.First time chatter one time,second 2,till you find one poke instead of gem.

Oh kaphotics said he pretend to add that info if we gonna get gem or poke in future releases of RNG reporter so i wouldn't worry that much about it now.PPRNG for macs already contain the info....

Also need this question answered desperately D:.The bikers on route 9 advances the PID?

I'm RNGing my ID/SID pair in Black.

I've followed the steps in the .pdf guide linked in Kaphotic's first post in this thread, but have gotten to a point where I don't understand what he's asking of me.

I know my Parameters, etc. I've found a seed, placed it in RNG Reporter to find an acceptable PIDRNG frame. I've then placed it in Pandora's Box and have filled in all the necessary information such as the seed itself and the PIDRNG frame number I decided to use from RNG Reporter. I've selected an ID/SID that says "True" (because I would like a shiny starter). I've done all of that. I don't understand what to do next, though. I hit the Time and Date correctly (yes, I did hit 'A' one second before) and I held down the necessary keypress. Am I supposed to start my new game right then, after I hit my seed? I can't tell if that's what Kurt is saying or not in the guide. Either way I started a new game and have found my new TID. Where does that go, and how exactly do I then calculate the differnce between frames (which frames, again?) to determine the amount of times I must say "no" to Juniper? I'm fairly sure I'm mixing something with something else, and this is all much easier than I'm making it out to be, but I don't know.

If screenshots are needed to help explain this anymore just ask and I can provide them. Thanks in advance for any help.

when RNG breeding do you wait a second before starting the game?
You always start the game ~1 seconds before the required Time, whether you're breeding, catching a wild Pokemon, etc. The amount depends on the Actual Seconds versus the time you hit when setting your Parameters.

I'm RNGing my ID/SID pair in Black.

I've followed the steps in the .pdf guide linked in Kaphotic's first post in this thread, but have gotten to a point where I don't understand what he's asking of me.

I know my Parameters, etc. I've found a seed, placed it in RNG Reporter to find an acceptable PIDRNG frame. I've then placed it in Pandora's Box and have filled in all the necessary information such as the seed itself and the PIDRNG frame number I decided to use from RNG Reporter. I've selected an ID/SID that says "True" (because I would like a shiny starter). I've done all of that. I don't understand what to do next, though. I hit the Time and Date correctly (yes, I did hit 'A' one second before) and I held down the necessary keypress. Am I supposed to start my new game right then, after I hit my seed? I can't tell if that's what Kurt is saying or not in the guide. Either way I started a new game and have found my new TID. Where does that go, and how exactly do I then calculate the differnce between frames (which frames, again?) to determine the amount of times I must say "no" to Juniper? I'm fairly sure I'm mixing something with something else, but I don't know.

If screenshots are needed to help explain this anymore just ask and I can provide them. Thanks in advance for any help.
You erased your previous games data, right? Because you have to for this. So far, you've done everything correctly. Once you find the TID/SID you want, you have to hit that seed, just like a normal Non C-Gear seed. If I'm not mistaken, Pandora's box should tell you the initial frame for each seed, right? If it does, all you have to do is take the difference from the initial frame and the target frame, and say No to Juniper (Only when she asks about your name) that amount of times.

For example, if my initial frame is 28, and my target frame is 31, this is what I would do: Hit my seed, then once Juniper asks me about my name, I would say no to her 3 times. I hope this helps :]

Can someone help me out with my RNG? I keep getting this frame when i try to breed a shiny flawless zubat
http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/PokerBratJr/?action=view&current=5dad0e4f.jpg
and this is my seed
http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/...PokerBratJr/?action=view&current=f117ddde.jpg
I do everything right. Chatter once to calculate then chatter 12 more times to get the 71 and it still doesnt work. Does allowing the npcs to advance 1 step have anything to do with this? How do I stop the NPCS from moving?

Can someone help me out with my RNG? I keep getting this frame when i try to breed a shiny flawless zubat
http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/PokerBratJr/?action=view&current=5dad0e4f.jpg
and this is my seed
http://s786.photobucket.com/albums/yy143/PokerBratJr/?action=view&current=5dad0e4f.jpg#!oZZ2QQcurrentZZhttp%3A%2F%2Fs786.photobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fyy143%2FPokerBratJr%2F%3Faction%3Dview%26current%3Df117ddde.jpg
I do everything right. Chatter once to calculate then chatter 12 more times to get the 71 and it still doesnt work. Does allowing the npcs to advance 1 step have anything to do with this? How do I stop the NPCS from moving?
well you can't fully control them so just adjust accordingly

You erased your previous games data, right? Because you have to for this. So far, you've done everything correctly. Once you find the TID/SID you want, you have to hit that seed, just like a normal Non C-Gear seed. If I'm not mistaken, Pandora's box should tell you the initial frame for each seed, right? If it does, all you have to do is take the difference from the initial frame and the target frame, and say No to Juniper (Only when she asks about your name) that amount of times.

For example, if my initial frame is 28, and my target frame is 31, this is what I would do: Hit my seed, then once Juniper asks me about my name, I would say no to her 3 times. I hope this helps :]
Your explanation makes sense, and I appreciate you trying to help, but for some reason I still can not hit it.

This is the correct seed I should be aiming for, right? The one that's highlighted within Pandora's Box, below.

I would imagine all I have to do is start my game at 00:00:25 and hold 'X', just like any other Standard Seed. After I did that I said "no" to Juniper 33 times when asked if my name was in fact "Beck". The 34th time I said "yes."

Also, if I want my Snivy to be Timid I would just save 10 times (PIDRNG frame 62 - frame 52? again, like any other Standard Seed) after I've confirmed my ID?

Your explanation makes sense, and I appreciate you trying to help, but for some reason I still can not hit it.

This is the correct seed I should be aiming for, right? The one that's highlighted within Pandora's Box, below.

I would imagine all I have to do is start my game at 00:00:25 and hold 'X', just like any other Standard Seed. After I did that I said "no" to Juniper 33 times when asked if my name was in fact "Beck". The 34th time I said "yes."

Also, if I want my Snivy to be Timid I would just save 10 times (PIDRNG frame 62 - frame 52? again, like any other Standard Seed) after I've confirmed my ID?
Ohhh I see what you're doing wrong. You're not supposed to hit the seed for your starter, you have to hit the seed for your ID/SID. Ok, here's what do you:

- Paste the seed and frame you want in Pandora's Box (Which you already did).

- Press "Find ID Seeds". It should generate IDs/SIDs with a seed for each. Pick one of the ID/SID combos that says "True" for Starters. Pandora's box should give you a time and keypresses and date for you to hit. You have to hit the seed that Pandora's Box gives you, not the seed for your starter ;)

Does that make sense? You hit your seed for the starter AFTER you get your ID/SID.

Edit: And yes, that's what you do for Snivy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)