move 2: Close Combat
move 3: Extremespeed
move 4: Crunch
item: Life Orb
ability: Inner Focus
nature: Adamant / Jolly
evs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

Why this set deserves to be on-site:

- Typing allows many resistances and to SR and immune to T spikes.
- Has priority and powerful CC killing Chansey, ferrothorn, etc.
- Has chance of KOing Groudon, etc after some entry hazards especially with hjk
- Crunch effective against gira-O and lugia
- Advantages of arceus is powerful CC, immune to toxic.
- Has better time vs dark arceus, ferrothorn and skarmory.
- Takes down a lot of weakened things with ES which bypasses speed.

Additional Comments:

- Can use ice punch for rayquaza, chomp and lugia likewise but ES and crunch probs does better.
- List calcs vs rayquaza and arceus
- Needs spikes support
- HJK
- Bullet punch takes down scarf terakion and scarf tyranitar (in ubers lol)

Other Options:

- NP
- Agility
- Ice Punch
- Stone Edge
- Blaze kick

Dream World

-Luke receives justified as dream world ability, not particularly useful as not many darks but can help take down Dark arceus easier.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Close Combat spam ftw !!

Anyway on a more serious note, I'm assuming you're going to mention the SD set. Also does NP Lucario get a mention ? I intend to test both ones (havent used luke this gen).

Nasty Plot probably suck, try Swords Dance first because ExtremeSpeed is Lucario's main advantage over Groudon.

Many Ubers have much higher Special Defense, and a +2 Aura Sphere doesn't even kill Groudon. Rayquaza, Blaziken, Ho-Oh, Palkia and many others will beat the Nasty plotter easily because you don't have priority! Vacuum wave sucks.

The High Jump Kick move will be risky though (Protect, Giratina-O and Ghost Arceus) but can be worth it for the power. A +2 High Jump Kick never OHKOes Impish Groudon though, which is the most common set for Support Groudon.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
HJK only has 15 more BP than Close Combat (after STAB). Its not worth risking the miss and/or the recoil damage. Besides, Luke has crap defenses anyway.

Close Combat needs to be the primary STAB move.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Choice Specs set viable? With Choice Specs, you can lure in Groudon easily and deal heavy damage to it (especially since virtually all current Groudons are maxed in physical defense). Modest Choice Specs Aura Sphere easily 2HKOs, and if you want to take a risk, Focus Blast has a high chance of OHKOing with a layer of Spikes. Fighting Arceus doesn't have the whole "Switch in Groudon, you know want to" feel to it, so he's probably not outclassed totally. Whether it's viable is another story, but that's probably something to test.

Nasty Plot probably suck, try Swords Dance first because ExtremeSpeed is Lucario's main advantage over Groudon.

Many Ubers have much higher Special Defense, and a +2 Aura Sphere doesn't even kill Groudon. Rayquaza, Blaziken, Ho-Oh, Palkia and many others will beat the Nasty plotter easily because you don't have priority! Vacuum wave sucks.
Modest does 104% - 122.5% o.o

Should NP deserve a set?

Theorymon

Long Live Super Mario Maker! 2015-2024
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't even think HJK deserves a slash in, missing or hitting a Protect fucks up Lucario far too much. Like barry, I will test out SD and Nasty Plot later myself, though I must admit that for some reason I'm not to confident about Lucario this gen, thus I'm not stamping until I test it myself this gen.

I love Lucario in Uber, probably a Nasty Plot set with Aura Sphere and HP Ice for dragons like Giratina or Rayquaza is better than Swords Dance. The only flaw is its weakness, Fighting- and Ground-types, but with +2 Extremespeed and Close Combat it can be very pr0

My point is: there is a way to use it in Uber without being OHKOed by Focus Blast, Fire Blast, Earthquake, Earth Power Close Combat and all other Fire- and Fighting-type moves?

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I did some testing with Lucario and i got some results. I found the SD set is excellent with its ability to set up on Chansey and punch through stuff like Dialga and Ferrothorn. The Steel typing is really good and helps a lot in setting up. Also ExtremeSpeed and being able to threaten Giratina-O with Crunch is also nice(something Terrakion cant do). But the NP set did badly. Its just dead weight. Weak STAB moves, weaker priority, most things in Ubers having high SpD and it just wasnt worth it. I would rather use Fighting Arceus who gets a more powerful STAB, has better bulk and Recover. So I'd say NP goes to OO. I dont know about the Choice Specs set though, I'll still test it but dont have too high hopes.

EDIT:

-Wouldnt Jolly be a better option on the SD set ? With Jolly, you atleast Speed tie with max speed Base 90's like Specs Ogre and can actually do something to them.

Has better time vs ghost arceus
-I dont see how, Ghost Arceus usually runs max Speed and can just WoW Lucario or go on the offensive with Focus Blast, which will do a heck of a lot of damage(96.1% - 113.2%)

-You have the SD set listed twice....

firecape

This is the end...
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
ehh I think it should be in AC tops; it's quite hard to get 2 turns of set up with Lucario.

QC approved 1/2.

No way, ES is the only real reason to use luke over terrakion, and no one is giving you two free turns to set up +2/+2. The SD set should be : SD, CC, ES, Crunch/Ice Punch, if you feel agility is worth using, then it should be given its own set, but I see no point is using the slower, more frail, and significantly less powerful agility lucario over Rock Polish Terrakion, who has a better STAB combo, too. Luke's acess to crunch does give it a cool perk over tek, I guess, but tek's STAB stone edge hits lugia harder (assuming you are faster) and still does an assload to gira-o anyway, especially after an SD.

Fireburn

BARN ALL
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Remove Agility as a slash, Lucario's access to strong priority is the main reason to use it over Terrakion.

QC APPROVED (2/2)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)