Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
MinatoArisato, you get Shoop the Wooper! Shoop must be caught in Union Cave (20% appearance rate at night). The moment you catch him, move him to the front of your party and solo the next five wild Pokemon in the cave without healing items. If you fail, Shoop can never learn Earthquake or Dig. Survive a Grass-type attack from a Pokemon five or more levels above Shoop to evolve (gogo base 25 Special Defense!). He must keep Water Gun forever, and use it as his first, third and fifth moves in every battle he is used in - but cannot use it as his second, fourth or sixth move. He must also land the finishing hit on Pryce's Piloswine and one of Clair's Pokemon.

Is that hard enough for you? :D

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
HSCE UPDATE #4

Came realyy, really far in team development if not in story.
You get Valence the Starmie. If you keep it below level 40 against the E4, it must have Surf and BoltBeam. Otherwise it must know Surf, but it can't learn BoltBeam. it must be the highest levelled member of your team
Plan. Abuse Thunder and Blizzard.

The Pokemon? Pidgey. It must be the first Pidgey you see on the first route you can find it on. It must have Keen Eye. Currently, this is an easy challenge. Next, you may only evolve this Pidgey once, into Pidgeotto. This is now a medium challenge. This Pokemon may only learn one move with greater than 40 base power. This is now a Hard challenge. This is nowhere near where we're getting. It will solo Claire and karen. This is a very hard challenge. We're about halfway there. It will solo Blaine and Blue. Thais is an insane challenge. Have fun. But we're not done yet. It may never know a non-attacking move with the exception of Sand Attack. Holy shit no Roost or Featherdance. But wait, there's more! (Item challenge rescinded) This is fucking impossible. You will cry having to solo Blue with a Pidgeotto who will probably only know Twister, Quick Attack, Steel Wing and Gust. He has a Rhydon. That Rhydon will fuck your shit backwards. I think he has a Gyarados too. That Gyarados has Intimidate, making it that much easier for Rhydon to fuck your shit backwards. If you complete this challenge however, you will undoubtedly be the greatest Scrambler ever.
Plan: Spam Steel Wing, get Defense boosts, pray.

Texas, take Mumbo the Ampharos. This must be the first Ampharos you find. It must evolve straight away, when possible. Its nature will decide its fate: Adamant Tackle (snip), Mild Charge Beam, (snip), Timid Fling. Now you must learn these moves, in order until you get to the move that your nature represents, and it can only use the move it is currently on (eg. Careful nature. Can only use Tackle. Learns Thundershock, can only use Thundershock. Learns Thunderpunch can only use Thunderpunch....Learns Power Gem, can only use Power Gem for the rest of the game.)
Got a Mild nature so I get Charge Beam. No other reqs so I'll use it as I will.

Okay. Firstly, get yourself a Magikarp called Magikrap which can only be changed after it evolves, at which point it can be whatever you want because I think you will need some concession. You catch this Magikarp as soon as you can, because you will want to train it as much as possible. Specifically, you will want to train it until it can solo one of Morty's Pokemon. On the way though, it must be the only pokemon you use on the way to Union Cave to train it up, and you must defeat every Pokemon you get to. If it faints, you must go straight back to the Pokemon Centre without passing go and try again. Eventually you will beat Morty, with one of his pokemon soloed by Magikarp. After this you must head west along the storyline and can ignore Magikrap for a bit if you want. Eventually you will meet the Red Gyarados, and to prove it is not too Magikrap it must solo this as well. it must finish Gyarados using Flail. Then you will go up against Pryce, against whom Magikrapmust Splash five times at which point it must solo a Pokemon again, and then do the same thing again. Finally it can finish its Johto travels by finishing three of Lance's Pokemon. At this point it can evolve. Lucky you. Just in time for some fresh horror in Kanto. COngratulations, first of all, Johto wasn't fun. To celebrate, you must solo every trainer in the Electric type gym without going to the pokemon centre. if you fail... well, we'll get to that later. Then continue until you get to the Fire gym. Here you must Splash against again for every fire type move the trainers use to compensate for the type resistance, You have to solo every trainer again. You may NOW, regardless of success or failure in the gym, delete Tackle or Flail, but never Splash and replace it with a Water move. After the last badge, you can replace the two moveslots that are not the Water type move and Splash. They are now Thunder and Fire Blast, assuming you succeeded at beating the corresponding trainers. If no you only get the one you did succeed at but you must delete the move that isnt Tackle. You must solo three pokemon belonging to Red but you can only use each of the moves over 50 base power once Each. You must also use Splash against Pikachu
Plan: ...grind...like fuck...

Troll the Sunkern
(snip)
If for some reason Troll fails to complete any of these requirement it must solo Sabrina to evolve
Plan: Abuse the loophole that allows me to ignore a shitload of restrictions in exchange for soloing Sabrina with a Sunkern (oh god).

You get Gatorade the Totodile. It loves Gatorade so much that it may never use any Water moves for fear of spitting out its beloved Gatorade. It is also hyper-competitive, so it must learn and may never forget Rage. It must solo a Johto Gym Leader. Gatorade must have a moveset consisting of Rage, Bite, Swords Dance and a non-water physical move mof your choice by the Johto E4. Have it solo 6 pokemon there, That must be Gatorade's moveset until you beat Red. And it must solo a minimum of 3 gym leaders (including aforementioned solo). As if this wasn't hard enough which it wasn't (Item challenge rescinded) it must hold a berry to use anything other than Rage and it must evolve only at level 30 and level 45. Plan: Kill Falkner, keep up with the team.

Previously, we had concluded grinding after Morty. As near as I can remember, Chuck got raped, Jasmine got raped, and more grinding ensued in preperation for the Red Gyarados.

THIS WEEK IN THE HSCE CHALLENGE!
Red Gyarados was soloed with the help of numerous X Items, gogo Magiboss. Pryce was defeated, Magikarp killing Seel with a 5HP Flail and PP Stalling Dewgong. Rocket Tower mission was cleared with the Rival being a Douche and Mumbo soloing Archer. Ice Path cleared, shitloads of grinding occurs below Blackthorn City.

So. The team.

Valence the Starmie lv 45, Sassy (Mischievous) @Wide Lens, Natural Cure
Surf, Blizzard, Thunder, Recover

Yeah. He's a fucking boss. Insanely powerful, insanely bulky, required to grind far more than I would like, he is the epitome of a broken Scrable Mon. Even Traedshot/Random's BoltBeam restriction can't hold him down.

Magikrap the Magikarp lv 40, Quiet, Swift Swim @ Exp. Share
Tackle, Splash, Flail

After soloinf Red Gyarados the Exp. Share was obtained making training so much easier. gg Magikarp, go kill 3 of lance's pokemon.

Gatorade the Croconaw lv 40, Hasty, Torrent @Rindo Berry
Bite, Slash, Iron Tail, Rage

Doesn't really do much although Iron Tail is better than Flail. Berries are in constant supply so no issues with that requirement. Has so far soloed two gym leaders so only one more to go to fulfill. Movepool is annoyingly restricted but serviceable. Swords Dance has been obtained but is so far being restrained from use.

Pidgeotto the Pidgeotto lv 45, Brave, Keen Eye, Everstone
Gust, Twister, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack

At this point he is quite simply a fucking tank. He has a huge defense stat and semi-adequate offenses which, along with his level, comes out to a solid Pokemon. Lolcat is officially a damn troll. Getting my hopes up with Steel Wing...you can't get Steel Wing until post-Blue! Goddammit. At least I can add Return for some power.

Mumbo the Ampharos lv 40, Mild, Static
Charge Beam, Growl, Cotton Spore, Strength

Fuck yeah, free HM slave! Mumbo didn't get a whole lot of usage outside of grinding this week but did solo all of Archers team so yeah. Charge beam PP is maxed so its much easier to use now.

Troll the Sunkern lv dont know, dont care
couldn't give less of a fuck

Daycare, meet Sunkern. Sunkern, meet daycare. Will toil in obscurity until Sabrina, final moveset will include Seed Bomb so its all good! Somewhere in the 30's, have been moitering its moveset to keep leech Seed and Synthesis.

Week 4 has concluded. More grinding to come, more insanity to follow, insane ragequits are certain. have fun!

Playtime: ~38 hours. Already at the full time for a normal full HS run.

@Vratix- The only way to catch a Maril here is to surf and catch it. This means that soloing Flannery will be impossible as i will not have surf here.

I can either solo a different gym leader or catch an earlier Marill and still solo Flannery.
Sorry for the wait.
Catch it earlier and don't use it till this point.

Addiethunder, your team is looking really Electric-weak. So I'm going to give you Jeweler the Trapinch! Jeweler is incredibly excited to be a part of a game called Pokemon Ruby, but he's also heard so much about Sapphire and Emerald as well. He's so fascinated by how version-exclusive Pokemon can just appear and disappear from Hoenn based on what game you're in that he's determined to solo all these Pokemon.

In addition, he cannot evolve into Vibrava until learning Dig, and can only evolve into Flygon until getting some tutelage from the best Dragon trainer in Hoenn.

To translate/summarize:

Solo every Pokemon you see that is absent from any Hoenn game. (Seedot, Lotad, Surskit, Zangoose, Seviper, Lunatone, Solrock, Meditite, Roselia, Mawile, Sableye and their families, as well as killing Groudon when you find it)

Evolve into Vibrava after learning Dig, and into Flygon after defeating Drake.
Quick question, does learning Dig via TM count or does Jeweler have to learn it naturally?

All lists have been updated, and to the guy that reserved a Pokemon, I would like to have that by tonight, as I have to go on a trip with no internet. If not, it's cool.

These challenges don't look too bad, I just gotta think a little. Skwog, give me the hardest challenge you can think of. Also, I will do a Fire Red Scramble as well.

@MinatoAriasto

You get Nash the Pikachu.

This Pikachu hates Ash's Pikachu, and therefore may not use any moves that Ash's Pikachu has used. (Thundershock, Thunderbolt, Agility, Quick Attack, Thunder, Double Edge, Iron Tail, Volt Tackle) This Pikachu must also solo 1 E4 member of your choice. It may hold a Light Ball. (To make it more bearable with no STAB)

Have Fun!

@Minato
Sorry about the wait. You say with want hard, so I'll give you like Drowzee I gave a few pages ago.

You get Date Rape the Drowzee.
He must solo all female Pokemon you run across. Easy, right? Well, for now he can only use Hypnosis and Pound, in that order, every time. Your opponent must fall asleep first before you can start Pounding away. If you ever Pound an opponent that has woken up (i.e. they moved earlier in the turn than you and woke up) you must immediately run away or switch out, if its a wild battle or trainer battle respectively.

Eventually he develops some Swagger (read: teach him the Swagger TM), and at this point he can evolve. The rippin' and the tearin', the rippin' and the tearin'.

As a newly evolved Hypno, Date Rape feels he needs to show everyone how awesome he is. Now, after succeeding as putting his victim to sleep, he has to use his Swagger before he can begin pounding.

For funziez, date rape your rival's beginner Pokemon every time you guys bump into each other. During the Champion battle, Date Rape forgoes putting the Pokemon to sleep and goes straight to the pounding so they can forever remember your moment of glory (read: solo Lance with Pound).

Oh, and Date Rape must always be the highest leveled member of your team.

Scramble Update 1

All right, I'm in Azalea Town and about to go into the well. Here's my team as of right now.

Level 16 Quilava-Tackle, Leer, Mud-Slap, Ember
Gotta say, this challenge isn't too bad. Just replace Leer with Fury Cutter and that requirement is taken care of. The other one...I'll work on it.

Level 11 Shoop (Wooper)-Water Gun, Tail Whip, Slam
Passed the first challenge due to luck, as Geodudes got real friendly. Reason he's low leveled because of his evo challenge(solo a battle with a Grass type 5+ levels more than you) and I know just the guy for that.

Level 12 Troll (Spinarak)-Poison Sting, Constrict, String Shot, Scary Face
Doing well so far, but the Whitney challenge...that's probably going to be hard(Miltank), but I can do it.

Log pl0x.

You get the Odd Egg. Name it SurpriseBS.

Pichu--Roll a die. If it lands on 5 or 6, re-roll. On other numbers, these are the only amount of moves it may use(e.g. if you roll 2, you can only use the 2 moves in the first 2 slots, no switching of moves, ignore everything below)
Cleffa--Must solo Red Gyarados in 3 moves. Must solo Karen in 9 moves. Must solo Surge's Raichu, Erika's Jumpluff and Sabrina's Alakazam in a total of 13 moves.
Igglybuff--Must solo Whitney, Morty and Janine in a total of 36 moves.
Smoochum--Must not participate in the battle vs. Chuck Norris, Clair, Koga, Bruno, Erika and Janine, OR any of their lackeys(none thereof for the 2 E4 members, but whatever).
Elekid--Must not learn a single elemental Punch. It must solo Jasmine in 12 moves.
Magby--It must solo the entire of Mt. Mortar and all the gym trainers in Misty's gym(you don't have to solo Misty if you don't want to). Cannot use Electric or Ice attacks.

Yeah, these restrictions are meant to troll you. Have fun. :)
Ice Beam forgot about Tyrogue. Are these restrictions for Tyrogue OK?
He must evolve at Level 20. You must look at his Attack and Defense stats when he reaches Level 20.
If Attack > Defense: He becomes a Hitmonlee and may not use kick moves.
If Defense > Attack: He becomes a Hitmonchan and may not use punches.
If Attack = Defense: He may not evolve at this level, he must wait for the next level.

Been lurking on Smogon for a while, only just made an account.

I am accepting a Ruby scramble. No trades, cheating, or hacking, and Spheal/Snorunt may not be available, because my cart's internal battery ran out.

Looking for 6/10 difficulty, 1/10 being no restrictions Mence and 10/10 being Magikarp that must solo every gym leader no healing and no evolution.

I reserve the right to reject unfair/ridiculous challenges.

EDIT:Also, please no berry challenges (IAR, I'm talking to you), because I can't grow new ones.

EDIT 2: No ridiculous glaring type weaknesses (like 3 or 4 of my pokemon being weak to electric)

Ice Beam forgot about Tyrogue. Are these restrictions for Tyrogue OK?
He must evolve at Level 20. You must look at his Attack and Defense stats when he reaches Level 20.
If Attack > Defense: He becomes a Hitmonlee and may not use kick moves.
If Defense > Attack: He becomes a Hitmonchan and may not use punches.
If Attack = Defense: He may not evolve at this level, he must wait for the next level.
FUCK. I knew I forgot something.

Yeah, go ahead for these restrictions.

1.Cyndaquil-Cannot have more than 1 move of the same type. When Typhlosion, must teach new moves, either by TM/HM or tutor.
2.Odd Egg-SupriseBS. Restrictions to add.
Zacc, I give you a Voltorb, named Vegeta. When it evolves, it must know Explosion/Selfdestruct. Use it against the E4. When it begins to go in the red, play the audio from Vegeta's Final Explosion, including the lines. When Vegeta starts to go boom, use the move.
Minato, take a Male Skarmory. NN IronFalco. IronFalco was the most effective staller EVER in Gen 4, and so went back in time to stall in Gen 2. You must teach him Toxic ASAP after catching him. While you attempt to find him on Route 45, your lowest level must solo every pokemon you find that isn't a male Skarmory. Also, IronFalco must solo toxic stall at least one pokemon from every GL and E4 member, +Red, after you catch him.

OPTIONAL addition: Since IronFalco thinks he is the best stallmon EVER, he must solo every Chansey, Blissey, and Skarmory after you catch him.

TL;DR summary: Male Skarmory, NN IronFalco. Must Toxic Stall 1 poke from each GL and E4 member and Red, unless it interferes with other challanges. Your lowest level must solo everything that isn't a male skarmory when trying to catch him.

EDIT: Minato, I have a challange for your FR later in the page.

I am accepting a Ruby scramble. No trades, cheating, or hacking, and Spheal/Snorunt may not be available, because my cart's internal battery ran out.

Looking for 6/10 difficulty, 1/10 being no restrictions Mence and 10/10 being Magikarp that must solo every gym leader no healing and no evolution.

EDIT:Also, please no berry challenges (IAR, I'm talking to you), because I can't grow new ones.

EDIT 2: No ridiculous glaring type weaknesses (like 3 or 4 of my pokemon being weak to electric)
You get Meme the Mudkip. It can only evolve after learning Hydro Pump and must solo Winona. It's entire moveset must consist of moves at least 100 BP by E4, Surf is the only exception.

Lucky you! You get AdoringFan the Zigzagoon. AdoringFan has always liked to go to the arena, and will follow the Grand Champion every he goes. He must always be the lowest levelled Pokemon on your team. And by "Follow the Grand Champion, I mean he must always be switched in if your highest levelled Pokemon switches out. He was always a short little fellow, so he must evolve at a later level, i.e 10 levels later.

-Can never be the highest levelled member
-Must always be switched in when the Highest levelled member switches out.
-Evolves 10 levels after usual evolution level.

Oh and Just so you know, this whole reference was based off a character from The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

Minato, take a Male Skarmory. NN IronFalco. IronFalco was the most effective staller EVER in Gen 4, and so went back in time to stall in Gen 2. You must teach him Toxic ASAP after catching him. While you attempt to find him on Route 45, your lowest level must solo every pokemon you find that isn't a male Skarmory. Also, IronFalco must solo toxic stall at least one pokemon from every GL and E4 member, +Red, after you catch him.

OPTIONAL addition: Since IronFalco thinks he is the best stallmon EVER, he must solo every Chansey, Blissey, and Skarmory after you catch him.

TL;DR summary: Male Skarmory, NN IronFalco. Must Toxic Stall 1 poke from each GL and E4 member and Red, unless it interferes with other challanges. Your lowest level must solo everything that isn't a male skarmory when trying to catch him.
I'm sorry, but all my Pokemon have been picked. However, you may suggest something for my Fire Red/Emerald Scramble.

shinyskarmory, congrats. You get a Whismur!

This Whismur has one problem. When it hatched from the egg, it couldn't cry. So, no voice related moves for it(Uproar, Hyper Voice, Supersonic etc.). To try and get it's voice back, it must beat Interviewer's Gaby and Ty 5 times(Well, dish out damage to them, etc.). Even though it'll make it happy, it still won't get it's voice back... poor Whismur.

Nickname the poor guy Silence.

@shinyskarmory You get Sunny the Solrock. Its final moveset must be:
Sunny Day
Fire attack
Solorbeam
Psychic or Rock attack
It must solo 1 Gym Leader and 1 Elite 4 member. Also, whenever an opposing Pokemon uses Sandstorm/Rain Dance/Hail you must immedietly switch in Sunny and have it use Sunny Day(except in the case of a solo).

Also, I still need more for my Platinum Solo Scramble.

@shinyskarmory: You get Agitated the Torkoal. It must survive 33 special (Fire, Water, Grass, Psychic, Ice, Electric, Dark, and Dragon) attacks and 33 super-effective attacks, 7 of which fall into both categories (Water), to learn any move above base 40 power (Toxic and variable damage moves included).

These challenges don't look too bad, I just gotta think a little. Skwog, give me the hardest challenge you can think of. Also, I will do a Fire Red Scramble as well.
Everyone seems to have missed your "Also," here, and I'm not sure what difficulty you want. So I'll give a list of restrictions, and you apply restrictions from the start of the list until you think you have something difficult enough.

1) Use a Nidoran♀.
2) She must solo one Pokémon of your rival's in every fight with him.
3) She cannot evolve until you have 60 Pokémon seen in your Pokédex. Nor evolve again until you have 120 seen.
4) She cannot use any 100% accurate moves. (Moves with no accuracy check are OK.)
5) You cannot use items on her, except for the item she's holding (so, say, if she's holding a Super Potion, you can use a Super Potion on her). If you have 2 or more of a holdable item and you aren't in battle, there's no need to actually swap the items before using it, because obviously you could.
6) You cannot heal any of your Pokémon at a Poké Centre, nor by depositing them into a PC, unless she has fainted. (Other healing methods are fine, such as people who heal you outside Poké Centres and items.)
7) She cannot use a move unless one of the other Pokémon on your team knew it at some point (even if it wasn't allowed to use it).
8) She cannot use attacking moves while statused. Additionally, as you enter the Elite Four, she must be burnt.
9) You cannot switch to her in battle, except as a lead or revenge-killer (i.e. you can only send her out at the start of the battle, or to replace a fainted Pokémon of yours).
10) While her level is even, she may only use attacking moves with even base power, and non-attacking moves. While her level is odd, she may only use attacking moves with odd base power, and non-attacking moves.

So currently in my Ruby Scramble I have:

1. Meme the Mudkip (No evolution until Hydro Pump-must have all 100+ BP moves by E4)

2. AdoringFan the Zigzagoon (Must be lowest level, must evolve 10 levels late, must be switched in when highest level is switched out.)

3. Silence the Whismur (No voice moves, beat Gabby+Ty 5 times.)

4. Sunny the Solrock (Final moveset= Sunny Day, fire type move, Solarbeam, and STAB attack. Must solo 1 gym leader and 1 E4 member.

5. Agitated the Torkoal (must survive 33 special attacks and 33 SE attacks to use moves with a BP of greater than 40. 7 of these must be both.)

I need 1 more. Any takers?

@MinatoArisato- For your FR challange, take a Charmander. The number of Brock's pokemon it solos without Metal Claw determines the number of times it may evolve. Also, every time it learns a new move, you must delete the oldest move to make room.

@shinyskarmory
You got an Oddish. The level at which you catch it at determines the amount of Pokemon you can solo. If you fail, it can never evolve. If you do that, then solo Maxie at the final fight. Pass, and you can get Vileplume. Fail, and get Bellosom. If you pass and you still want Bellosom, then you may do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)