Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was waiting since the first for the fate of Entei and when I saw the name next to the word "threat" and the number 8 it was the best moment of my Pokemon career since when the same Pokemon got flare blitz... It's even better than the time I beat Reyscarface. I know it's RU but if it continues like this IT MIGHT BE UU.... I'm already getting excited. Bring on August 1!

Milotic's huge rise in usage has everything to do with it's ability to shut down Baton Pass/Espeon.

Also, I think it's hilarious how much Victini dropped with just the banning of Drought. Kind of surprised to see Donphan usurp the position of top spinner from Hitmontop. I could've sworn I saw a lot more Top.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
Still can't understand why Machamp's down...guess that's just more hilarious Bulk Up Conkeldurr for me to OHKO with Hydro Pump.
This. As long as people keep messing around with bulk up conkeldurr, they'll just keep losing.

How was Ryperior in RU last month, but it's climbed into the top 20 of UU this month!?! :o

And thanks for the stats. :)

Also weird how Wobbuffet got used more in UU than in RU.

How was Ryperior in RU last month, but it's climbed into the top 20 of UU this month!?! :o

And thanks for the stats. :)

Also weird how Wobbuffet got used more in UU than in RU.
RU has Yanmega, Honchkrow and Sharpedo in the top 5. Nuff said. Also people prefer Cresselia as a defensive psychic type over wobbuffet in RU it seems.

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
- Politoed at #4.

- Ferrothorn back to #1.

-Toxicroak at fucking #32.

- Tornadus out of UU range again.

- Latias spiking to #34.

- Thundurus at #9.

Damn rain.

Getting destroyed left, right and center by Chlorophyll sweepers and Kyurem Blizzspam. It can finally stretch its legs and have room to breathe now.
Don't forget about our boy Staraptor sitting smugly at #1, with Rhyperior being one of the few counters it'll ever have. It's time for that bird to go.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
- Politoed at #4.

- Ferrothorn back to #1.

-Toxicroak at fucking #32.

- Tornadus out of UU range again.

- Latias spiking to #34.

- Thundurus at #9.

Damn rain.
My thoughts exactly; the whole top 10 is Rain and Sand. Now we're talking, heh.

The whole OU usage stats seem to be more representative of the metagame than... April's stats... which is a good thing. We just need a couple fuckers (Metagross, Cloyster, Chandelure) to drop ten spots or so next month and I don't think we'll have any Electivire-esque pokémon in OU.

Also,

| 1 | Misdreavus | 6541 | 69.5703 |
| 2 | Gligar | 5658 | 60.1787 |
fuck this

And

| 1 | Kyogre | 8483 | 35.8993 |
| 2 | Mewtwo | 7612 | 32.2133 |
| 3 | Groudon | 6310 | 26.7033 |
| 4 | Ferrothorn | 5840 | 24.7143 |
GLORIOUS

EDIT-- Jesus hovering Christ, Espeon is #28 in OU now, I never thought I'd live to this day.

Katakiri

Listen, Brendan...
is a Researcher Alumnus
Wow. Really? Staraptor being ban-worthy? I've never had any issues with Staraptor in UU. He's just as average as he was in 4th Gen as far as I can tell. Then again I run bulky Sand & every one of my Pokemon sorta ruins it's life from the start since there's no Pokemon Star can Sub up on without getting OHKOed or Roared out and no Pokemon he can even OHKO.

Meh. Guess I just like playing UU like OU. Sorry, Star.

But wow. Azelf below Staraptor in any tier is pretty funny.

Nice to see Jolteon so close to OU... I shall try my best to make it OU! besides... he's not all THAT bad, I'm sure he's pretty good against rain teams.

Nice to see Jolteon so close to OU... I shall try my best to make it OU! besides... he's not all THAT bad, I'm sure he's pretty good against rain teams.
The fact that Jolteon is UU doesn't mean you can't use it in OU. I think everyone including you knows that. If you like a poke, just use it. Hell, I've used pokes as Crawdaunt and Lapras effectively in OU.

If tiers were to be calculated this month...

56 OU Pokemon: The top 55 rated OU Pokemon would be OU, along with Porygon2 (#57)!

Poor Quagsire at #56 would get skipped over...

54 UU Pokemon: The top 47 rated UU Pokemon would be UU, along with Whimsicott (OU drop), Spiritomb (#49), Azumarill (#50), Hippopotas (#52), Sigilyph (#53), Sawsbuck (#86), and Vulpix (#99)!

Sceptile (#48) and Durant (#51) were close, but did not make it. Sawsbuck and Vulpix are relics from last month that were ranked so high at the time that their massive drops this month weren't enough to drag them down.

54 RU Pokemon: The top 54 rated RU Pokemon would be RU.

All this would mean:

New OU: Espeon, Celebi, Mamoswine, Jolteon
New UU: Whimsicott, Rhyperior, Wobbuffet, Venomoth, Blastoise, Gorebyss
New RU: Aerodactyl, Xatu, Tangrowth, Charizard, Victreebel

However, we have to wait until this month's stats for the actual tier changes.

^ as is Huntail. also, I'm positive Musharna will do well in NU, I've used to some success in OU on a sun team. Musharna is a fairly solid pokemon that people tend to overlook due to being in the middle ground of Cressy and Reuniclus with worse abilities

Edit: Ninja'd in a way lol, my post is directed at GtM

Thanks for the stats RD !!!

The first thing i can notice is Dragonite in top10 ? What's the set that let him enters the top10 ? DD or RainAbuser ?

No surprise to see Politoed #4, i know that with Garchomp out rain will be so effective and more accessible.

Thundurus was an announced climb.

Magnezone is surprisly.

Espeon +17, hope that SmashPass gone :P

Happy for Toxicroak (my favourite rain abuser).

Landorus & Latias climbs togheter and reach a good position (very happy, specially for Latias)

Hydreigon go down <3

No surprise of Celebi and Mamoswine climbing so hard. They are beast with the standard (famous) set.

Poor Machamp :(

It also only got better with it's new DW ability, reckless which, for all intensive purposes, was a godsend for Staraptor.
Dictionary said:
Definition of INTENSIVE
: of, relating to, or marked by intensity or intensification: as
a : highly concentrated <intensive study>

b : tending to strengthen or increase; especially : tending to give force or emphasis <intensive adverb>

c : constituting or relating to a method designed to increase productivity by the expenditure of more capital and labor rather than by increase in scope <intensive farming>
The correct form of that expression is "intents and purposes."

Anyway, these usage stats show that weather is still dominating, and Rain's moving up on the dominance scale.

What'll happen by next month...

Oh God, never thought about Huntail. Magmortar and Eelectross are going to be beast recipients with their great movepools and improvable speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)