Apprenice Program: Round Fifty Two

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Hey everyone, I was really busy at the start of Smogon Frontier, but now things are cooling down so I can get involved with the things I was planning on doing here. The battling instruction videos will be uploaded at some point during this round. We will also be bringing back the old tutoring tournaments. If you registered to be tutored in round 51 you are elligible to participate. That is something you can look forward to for every upcoming round in addition to learning whatever metagame you desire from our marvelous tutors.

Username:
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:
What tier do you want to learn?:
Tell us a little about yourself:

To clear up any confusion, here is an example of what Philip7086's application would look like:

Username: Philip7086
Shoddy Username: Philip7086, Pro Bro
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-8, 4:00PM-2:00AM
What tier do you want to learn?: DP OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I had to ask my boss if I could get out of work early to post my Pokemon apprentice application.

YOU MUST HAVE OVER 15 POSTS ON AT LEAST 10 SEPARATE DAYS TO PARTICIPATE. Additionally, you must be able to use Pokémon Online, or at least Shoddy Battle (if you only wish to learn DPP OU).

Important: In addition, after your time of tutoring, please take the time to fill in the evaluation form and send it to the entire tutoring staff. This helps us on so many levels!

Assignments

Aerrow
-SteelPokemonFan

AndViet
FunLovin
blarajan
Ewil

B-Lulz
-Ryanor

DracoMalfoy
premboy95

ENZ0
-FearItsSelf.

EspyJoel
NatGeo

Eternal
-toshimelonhead

hanke
-ITSU

Haunter
-Giant Enemy Crab

Huntofthelion
-TheMasterofOz

Iconic
-San_Pellegrino

Kevin Garrett
-Karpman

Lamppost
-Thursday
-Giorgosss

Limitless
DittoCrow

macle
-corrupt vergil
-King N

Nachos
-AlphaWolf & Razza

Optimusje
-Puretrainer

PK Gaming
NixHex

reachzero
-Hyperbeem

reyscarface
-Tortferngatr

Scimjara
-ilebronz
-NarutoXXUzumaki

Seven Deadly Sins
-Winters Zombie

SkyNet
Jared

Stone_Cold
-Ala

twash
Gorgonopsid Master

Yondie
CPU

zarator
fatty & Jiovaine11

Zeph
-xtrashine

ASSIGNED TO Zeph

Username: xTRASHine
Pokemon Online Username: xtrashine
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU and ADV
Tell us a little about yourself: im so good i wanna get so much better but im pretty good so you know.. i wanna get better right? ?:S?

p.S Zeph agreed to tutor me

ASSIGNED TO Aerrow

Username: SteelPokemonFan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: SteelPokemonFan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+1, 1:00PM-8:00PM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: I am 15 years old, my first Pokemon game was Yellow but I only got into competitive battling after Platinum was released. I am quite athletic and enjoy doing logic puzzles in my spare time. I took a large break from Pokemon when I had to revise for exams, and now that I'm back I would like to come back with more knowledge on team-building, how to handle current threats and predicting. This would also be an ideal chance for me to become more involved with Smogon's community.

gec

pharos
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Haunter

Username: Giant Enemy Crab
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Giant Enemy Crab
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +1, 1pm-11pm
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I probably don't need much tutoring, I'm already a smart player so to speak but I'm finding the move to BW OU pretty hard, so I'm sort of stuck there. I've played VGC mainly for the last 2 years so I just need help getting to know the advanced stuff to do with BW singles, OU and UU in particular.

ASSIGNED TO Optimusje

Username: Puretrainer
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Primordial Sin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, and I'm usually available all day depending on the day
What tier do you want to learn?: DPPt OU/BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: Uh 18 college student skate a lot yadada pretty average guy. Just looking to learn mainly DPPt OU and for BW OU the help I need is mostly team building.

ASSIGNED TO SKYNET

Username: Jared
Pokemon Online Username: JaredPwn, Jared[TEST]
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST (GMT-5) 12:00PM-12:00 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU.
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling competitively for a few years, yet I've never felt myself being the best battler around. I'm on summer break now I feel that this is the best time for me to really improve my skills. I want to improve at my team building skills, and also just general knowledge of the metagame and predictions. You may be looking at my post count and laugh, but for almost two years I've been lurking, but now that comes to and end! I'm pretty flexible on times that I can be tutored, just let me know when you need me to be on and I'll be there! I'm pretty dedicated to becoming a better B/W OU battler :]

Skynet agreed to tutor me.
[16:22] <Jared> Anyway, you mind tutoring me?
[16:22] <SkyNet> and sure I'll tutor ya, just edit your post requesting me

ASSIGNED TO hanke

Username:ITSU
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:ITSU, Pandorumdrum
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time. I could be on at any time honestly.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, and, if it comes out during this round, BW NU
Tell us a little about yourself: I think i am decent, but i need to touch up on a few skills, and team building, especially.

Signing up

ASSIGNED TO Scimjara

Username: ilebronz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: 1104thomas
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST 8 p.m - 8 am. just for a bit. Im in costa rica atm because of an emergency but i can get on at those times for sure.
What tier do you want to learn?: Black and white ou
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a costa rican kid who fell in love with this game, and i'm trying to become a better battler.

If possible i'd like undisputed to be my tutor

Jio

God is Good
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO zarator
Username: Jiovaine11
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Jiovaine11
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Eastern Standard Time.
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU, BW RU, BW Ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: I wouldn't be doing this, but my tutor was M.I.A for the whole last round so I'm just going to try one more time. I'm mainly trying to get into the lower tiers, so I'll be able to handle a wider variety of pokemon.

ASSIGNED TO macle

Username:corrupt vergil
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username:corrupt vergil
Your timezone and usual hours of availability:GMT-5[israel time zone] 3:34 PM im usally avilable in the morning&noon [10 AM-3 PM]
What tier do you want to learn?:BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself:well, i got into compecitive with the era of platinum, but i cant get any team that makes me satisfied... so i came here to learn how to make a team that will make me kinda proud =]

Nix_Hex

Uangaana kasuttortunga!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO PK Gaming

Username: NixHex
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: NixHex
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -7 (PST) but I'm typically available 12 am to 1 am, so most people in my time zone shouldn't be my tutor!
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU preferred, Adv OU is also desirable but not necessary
Tell us a little about yourself: Grad student in EE with summer off. Work in day, leisure in the evening, pokemon at midnight. I enjoy watching hockey and I'm a pretty nice guy overall. I'm pretty mediocre at Pokemon which is why I write articles, but I want to expand my horizons.

ASSIGNED TO Limitless

Username: DittoCrow
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: DittoCrow, -Crow
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST; 1:00 PM-9:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for a few years now and was really good at 4th gen OU. But now I started getting into 5th gen OU and I'm not too good at it. My major problem is team building so I would like to learn advanced team building and how to handle current threats. I would like an experienced tutor who is good at laddering, if that's possible.

ASSIGNED TO Seven Deadly Sins

Username: Winters Zombie
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: [VGC] Winters Zombie
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: -1000 GMT (Hawaiin). Most days I am available 4pm to 1am. Except Wednesdays. Wednesdays I am unavailable.
What tier do you want to learn?: B/W UU / 4th Gen OU
Tell us a little about yourself: My name is David. I am 18 years old currently residing within the BEAUTIFUL state of Hawaii. I am finishing up my last year of high school, can't wait to be done! I enjoy playing soccer, helping out in Children's Ministry at my church, and competitive Pokemon, even though I'm not all that great. I've been playing Pokemon (again) since the release of HGSS. In August, I participated in VGC 2010 in Kona, Hawaii. I made top 9 Nationals, and 31st in Worlds. Don't ask me how, luck? A blessing? I have no clue. I could blabber on about my boring life, but who wants to read it?

I'd prefer Seven Deadly Sins as my tutor, but if unavailable anyone else is more than fine with me :D!

fatty

is a Tiering Contributor
NUPL Champion
ASSIGNED TO zarator

Username: fatty
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: fatty, marshmallow, beluga
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: gmt-5. it's summer, so i have a lot of free time. i'm open pretty much everyday unless i have to work, which is usually later at night anyways.
What tier do you want to learn?: bw ou, bw ubers
Tell us a little about yourself: im a good battler. not a great battler. i wish to become the latter. team building and ~in-depth battle strategy~ is probably where i need the most work, especially in ubers. on a more personal side, im a pretty average high schooler. i play football and i'd like to think that im easy to get along with?

ASSIGNED TO Yondie

Username: CPU
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Atoyont
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5; 2pm to 8pm most days except Sunday.
Tell us a little about yourself: I really enjoy Pokémon and its deceptive complexity, and although I know a lot about how the game works, I've never been able to become good at battling. I'd particularly like to get better at team building and synergy within the team.

ASSIGNED TO Huntofthelion

Username: TheMasterOfOz
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: ShakeItUp
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: CST (Central) , it's summer so basically every day. Usually around 10:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a good battler I suppose, I wish to get even better though. My family's from India, so I'm of Indian descent. I play lacrosse in high school (going to be a sophomore next year). I mainly have problems with team building and such. Im Indian and I think im easy to get along with tbh. :P

ASSIGNED TO AndViet

Username: FunLovin
Pokemon Online: FunLovin
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -8. 1pm - 11pm weekly except for Tuesdays, Fridays, and some Saturdays
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU, BW Uber, BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm currently going to college to become a paramedic. I love to help people so that's why I'd like to learn Pokemon, so that I can help people who want advise on how to play it. Been playing pokemon since the Red/Blue days and have played a pokemon game from every generation.

ASSIGNED TO Eternal

Username: TheSpartan
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: TheSpartan
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: Central
Tell us a little about yourself: Been playing competitively for a few years, i'm decent and would like to improve in team building and other areas as well.

Eternal agreed to tutor me so I would like to have him.

ASSIGNED TO reyscarface

Username: Tortferngatr
Pokemon Online Username: Neya, FRIGGIN OKAMI (my troll account)
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT-5, I.E. EST. Normally available in that timezone between 11 AM and 11 PM.
What tier do you want to learn?: Primarily, BW OU. Secondarily, information on how to adapt to a new metagame. BW UU, RU, and maybe even NU are optional if we have time.
Tell us a little about yourself: Currently a sophomore in high school in Greater Cincinnati. Likes math and Java programming (although fairly new to it).

I attempted to get into the Pt OU metagame, but after several failed attempts to get a tutor (failed mostly due to timing issues), I decided to wait for BW to avoid being in the "generation gap" situation ADV players I heard faced in DPP OU.

This approach backfired, thanks to many Gen IV concepts being far more applicable to Gen V than Gen III to Gen IV, especially early Gen V-and after several times in which I abused a stereotypical pre-Aldaron rain team at about an 1100 rating (and had many lulz using Drain Punch SD Ludicolo against Ferrothorns), I got out of the loop. Since then I've made a random troll team at the end of UU round 1.

I would like to get back in the game. I would prefer being tutored by someone who has played many metagames (and thusly knows how to adapt to different metagames) but has particular skill at B/W. Would also prefer a well-known tutor with a good rating-but doesn't everybody?

Also, I was waitlisted for the past four rounds-i.e. since round 48. I would seriously like to finally get a tutor.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Iconic

Username: San_Pellegrino
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: San_Pellegrino
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -5, 8am-5 pm weekdays, random on weekends
Tell us a little about yourself: I'm a high school student/part musician, and I have been successful in DPP, getting into the semis and quarterfinals of tournaments in that tier but have not been able to crack BW, especially teambuilding around threats, synergy, late game planning, and prediction. I'd also really like to know how to do the metagame analysis that all the well-known players talk about.

Requesting that I not be paired with Lamppost, since were not able to meet once throughout my first ever round of tutoring. (Mainly since my schedule was really tight then (it's empty now), and we didn't have mutually convienent meeting times because of that)

-iconic agreed to teach me

Username: Chieliee
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Shuba./Chieliee
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT+2, usually online in the evenings (6pm-1am), sometimes complete days. Not all my focus will go to this, as I am also in 3 tournaments (including Wcup, where I don't actually play), little cup 101 tutoring program and starting cap ASB. Oh well, I'll try to be active as much as possible
What tier do you want to learn?:BW RU(?)/BW Ubers/BW OU
Tell us a little about yourself: umm... I'm bad at telling stuff about myself. Started competetive battling september 2010, but succesful teams had to wait till April/May this year. That's when I started playing it for real. Mostly BW OU, and have done a little UU as well. Oh, and I'm a fast learner, i guess that will be useful.

Assigned to Lamppost

Username
: Thursday
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: erosunset, Thursday
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT -4; usual hours are probably like 5:00 PM - 2:30 AM
What tier do you want to learn?: BW OU / BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: Sixteen-year-old guy living in Ohio. I don't really have many hobbies, aside from reading books and playing Pokemon and I'm not very interesting. Socially awkward high school student who's starting in the IB program in September. I've been playing Pokemon since I was about seven and started competitively at 11 with RSE.

Username: pimpgangster
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: pimpgangster
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: GMT +10 after 5pm weekdays, after 12pm weekends
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU / BW Uber
Tell us a little about yourself: I think of my self as an alright battler, i can predict well and stuff like that but I can't build a team for crap and would like help during the Team building stages more so than the battling stages

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
ASSIGNED TO Kevin Garrett

Username: Karpman
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Karpman, Aston, Solar Rush
Your Timezone and hours of availability: GMT -5, since I'm on summer vacation, I'll probably be free whenever.
Tell us a little about yourself: I started Competitive Battling around November 2010 and eventually grew into a decent player, I peaked at 1295 on the Smogon Server. The primary reasons that I'm applying as a student are so that I can eventually excel at stall and bolster my team building/team synergy skills. Outside of Pokemon, I'm your average high school student and an avid sports fan, Basketball being my favorite to both play and watch. My self esteem is somewhat low, but I'm trying to change that and gain a bit of confidence.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Assigned to Stone_Cold

Username:
Ala
Pokemon Online/Shoddy Username: Ala
Your timezone and usual hours of availability: EST and anytime works for me
What tier do you want to learn?: BW UU
Tell us a little about yourself: I've been battling for a while and am pretty decent at BW OU but I played in the best of 3 tourney and got manhandled in UU so I wanna learn it! I know the basics but team building is an area I could definitely use some improvement in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)