5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Up-Lf is means hold Up and Left on the DPad so technically that's 4 keys you're holding. Lol, I'd be amazed if you pull that off.
Thanks! And I'll pull it off! Keep a look out on the DMP thread for my shiny Tepig ;)

EDIT: Having trouble hiting the right frame. My starting frame is 56, target frame is 57. I chatot flip for one frame and I always end up on 59. Any suggestions?

EDIT: Got it.

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder
Is there an English guide for shiny roamers? If not, would it be appreciated if I wrote one? Keep getting questions about that.

Hello everyone!

So I decided I was going to learn how to RNG in 5th gen and I decided to try to go for a perfect Victini since the guide says stationary pokes are easy to get.

The seed I'm going for is:

FD290502F1E572D6 Frame 4 31/31/31/31/31/31 10/19/11 10:07:03 C7F

But the stats that I keep getting are 31/31/31/31/31/21

Couple of quick questions that I haven't been able to find digging through this topic that I was just wondering if someone could answer for me.

1. Is there a way to check to see what seed that I'm actually hitting? I've hit that spread 10 times in a row and I want to know if I got the second correct. I know that my actual hit time is 1 second ahead, and so I hit it at the 2 second mark instead of 3 so that it does actually hit at the 3 second mark. Just want to be able to look up to see what I'm actually hitting.

2. In the guide it said a route with no NPCs. How does this effect the frame? I think I remember reading that moving NPCs affect it and you have to take into account for them, but do stationary NPCs affect the frame advancement as well? Like for Victini, there is a NPC in the room, so when I move 128 steps with 3 pokes in my party does it still go up to frame 4?

3. I'm using a syncho abra to get timid because I want to be sure I'm actually getting the RNG down first, will this cause me to be off everytime as well or is that perfectly fine? Do I need to RNG for the nature too with this method?

Thanks and I hope my questions are understandable. If please feel free to PM me!

Hello everyone!

So I decided I was going to learn how to RNG in 5th gen and I decided to try to go for a perfect Victini since the guide says stationary pokes are easy to get.

The seed I'm going for is:

FD290502F1E572D6 Frame 4 31/31/31/31/31/31 10/19/11 10:07:03 C7F

But the stats that I keep getting are 31/31/31/31/31/21

Couple of quick questions that I haven't been able to find digging through this topic that I was just wondering if someone could answer for me.

1. Is there a way to check to see what seed that I'm actually hitting? I've hit that spread 10 times in a row and I want to know if I got the second correct. I know that my actual hit time is 1 second ahead, and so I hit it at the 2 second mark instead of 3 so that it does actually hit at the 3 second mark. Just want to be able to look up to see what I'm actually hitting.

2. In the guide it said a route with no NPCs. How does this effect the frame? I think I remember reading that moving NPCs affect it and you have to take into account for them, but do stationary NPCs affect the frame advancement as well? Like for Victini, there is a NPC in the room, so when I move 128 steps with 3 pokes in my party does it still go up to frame 4?

3. I'm using a syncho abra to get timid because I want to be sure I'm actually getting the RNG down first, will this cause me to be off everytime as well or is that perfectly fine? Do I need to RNG for the nature too with this method?

Thanks and I hope my questions are understandable. If please feel free to PM me!
ok so make sure on the time finder you didn't type 21 because 2 is next to 3 and they look a bit alike.
1) ok one way to check is in time finder you can right click your seed and select check adjacent seeds to see if any match (becaus your timer0 may have changed)
2) ok npcs will advance the pid for shinyness and nature and they are wandering only and of thoose with no set path. And yes you are advancing the frame correctly with the pokes in your party.
3) I'm not sure you cab synch it but pretty sure you can and either way it wouldnt mess up your ivs.
If you have any more questions ask here

Red

I have this seed:
288144C5 * *288144C53B7021CD * *8 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *31 * *Dark * *70 * *06/01/11 23:52:29 * *C7F * *L-X
shiny not sync starting 177

one parent, the male parent is:
31/31/2/31/30/31 with an everstone (Adamant), and the female (DW) has crap IV's, no item.
Could anyone tell me at what PID frame I should advance to get a Good IV'd DW female? or when I can get an adamant poke with DW ability? prefferebly flawless.
I'd offer a copy of what I am making, lol.

I'm still confused as to which seed I should be using.

First, what is the difference between the left and right sides of the image below? Which seed should I be trying to hit? I've also boxed the button I used, too. Both used the same ID; 31010.

In this next image I compared my Target Frame ID (31010) and my SSF ID (62776). I get the SSF ID every time I say "no" to the professer once, after hitting my seed. (On the left I'm shooting for the one highlighted, and on the right, I don't know which one I've hit, even though I'm hitting it consistantely.) I think it's also important to note that I can find both IDs when searched via the "Find Seed Hit" function, but I can only find my Target Frame ID (31010) via the "Find ID Seeds" function. I also have no clue what my SSF is (if the one I've shown isn't it) and how many frames I have to advance to acquire my desired Target Frame ID (31010).

Thanks again for those trying to help me.

Ok, you're clearly confuse.
1st box is to find an id/sid you want, letting you know the frame and time to get that desire id.

The 2nd box is for when you fill in ALL the info after getting an id, it let you know what frame you hit and it also let you know what your initial frame is.

Your mistake is in the second window, you did not fill in the hour and the minute, you left it at 0.

also your range should be between 30-40(search parameters) anything higher is unnecessary.

how can i exactly know the PID/frame i've hit in abusing tornadus/thundurus? i only know the nature, that is not enough... =(
You just have to see what you got and try to match it into RNG reporter, or whatever the MAC equivalent is. You can also use PID %6 to find the characteristic and greatly increase your chances of finding your frame.

I don't know exactly how PID %6 works.

I need to find again my parameters when I am trying to use keypresses?
In this case I just need to put what I held in the keypresses Search Parameters DS and use the result to see if everything is right?.
I'll try this with Cobalion

I need to find again my parameters when I am trying to use keypresses?
In this case I just need to put what I held in the keypresses Search Parameters DS and use the result to see if everything is right?.
I'll try this with Cobalion
Huh?

No, you don't need to refind your Parameters if you want to use keypresses to hit a seed. In fact, when setting your Parameters, it's recommended that you don't hold down any buttons.

Just set the amount of keypresses you would like before searching for a seed. The more keypresses allowed, the more likely you are of finding an acceptable seed. In my opinion the keypresses dropdown box is poorly placed. I'm not the program designer, though, so it's not my choice.

Huh?

No, you don't need to refind your Parameters if you want to use keypresses to hit a seed. In fact, when setting your Parameters, it's recommended that you don't hold down any buttons.

Just set the amount of keypresses you would like before searching for a seed. The more keypresses allowed, the more likely you are of finding an acceptable seed. In my opinion the keypresses dropdown box is poorly placed. I'm not the program designer, though, so it's not my choice.
But having a keypress seed don't increase my calibrated timer0 by 1?
I don't need to calibrate and see if I have a new timer0 when using keypresses seeds?

How exactly do NPCs in BW advance the frames? I was trying to RNG Abuse for a wild Foongus and didn't hit the right target, but I totally forgot to take the NPCs into account.

They advance the frames by a random amount, usually from 1-8 for me.
You should try to do your advances, get the Foongus, and see how many frames you overshot by, then subtract that from what you just advanced by. Basically adjust to the NPCs' advances.

How exactly do NPCs in BW advance the frames? I was trying to RNG Abuse for a wild Foongus and didn't hit the right target, but I totally forgot to take the NPCs into account.
So the NPCs that advance the pid are wandering NPCs (the ones that move with no set path) they advance the pid when they move. The pid affects encounter slots, natures, abilities, gender, and shinyness. One way to deal with them is if they are trainers battle them and beat them yet dont leave the route save and go rng. The othe is to have a starting frame of 1 and quickly open the menu and chatter as much as needed and quickly sweet scent (usually they still advance it but you can correct it by doing less chatters as needed)
Edit: ninja'd

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Yeah I feel like a real nob posting here.

Long story short I lost all the meticulous notes I took when RNGing all my prior mons when my comp crashed just recently. For some odd reason I can't seem to find any results when finding my DS Parameters this time around. I've done this like 3 times (in the past) so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing, but on two different date/time/IV combos it gives no results.

All the blanks are filled, I've got exact IVs (from metalkid, no AR), my game version is correct, my Mac Address is correct, My DS Version is correct, My date and time are correct.

Should I try another date/time/IV, or is there something silly I'm just forgetting?

Yeah I feel like a real nob posting here.

Long story short I lost all the meticulous notes I took when RNGing all my prior mons when my comp crashed just recently. For some odd reason I can't seem to find any results when finding my DS Parameters this time around. I've done this like 3 times (in the past) so I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing, but on two different date/time/IV combos it gives no results.

All the blanks are filled, I've got exact IVs (from metalkid, no AR), my game version is correct, my Mac Address is correct, My DS Version is correct, My date and time are correct.

Should I try another date/time/IV, or is there something silly I'm just forgetting?
n00bish answer, but are you SRing instead of turning on without Soft reset checked?
Also try some IV ranges instead. (ultra n00bish)

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
No, no that's a good question. But no, I'm booting with A at a set time.

I will go back and put in some ranges though. Metalkid said the IVs were exact, but it wouldn't hurt to set them to 1 below and above. Thank you for the suggestion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)