Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been looking forward to this! Thanks R_D

| 44 | Swampert | 27467 | 4.5253 |
| 46 | Lucario | 26937 | 4.4379 |

Seriously?

Honestly, the only surprises are in OU with things like Swampert and shit. Yanmega, cress, etc were expected for RU, and UU was no surprise with Staraptor and co.

But anyway, Thanks a lot R_D!!

How do you determine what is considered OU? I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the usage percentages, but I can't figure out exactly what.

\o/ yay Latias keep going up

Also, don't understimate Quagsire, Excadrill OHKO? wtf man!, Adamant LO doesn't even always 2HKO, and don't talk about Ferrothorn because being burned is a big deal, and who the hell cares if Scald isn't doing much to Tyranitar?, you want to OHKO it?, keep using it until the bastard die, the burn is going to kill it even faster
Quagsire is GOOD, is not top tier, but it can wall the shit out of tons of things if you have like 2 grams of brain to use it, go on keep switching your Rotom-W and Jellicents into Quagy, I know they love being hit by toxic <-<

Quagsire is going to stay exactly where it is, guys. Because 56th place is about how good it is. I agree it's better than some of the things above it, but there are better things below it that I still think will rise - Slowbro and Gorebyss to be specific

Taylor

i am alien
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Astonishingly Dragonite is not as high as predicted, but overall I'd say this list is reasonably accuarate. Deoxys-S, not considering Thundurus' tier when I say this, perhaps shouldn't be as low as it is and I predict it to rise throughout this month.

gw r_D x

Astonishingly Dragonite is not as high as predicted, but overall I'd say this list is reasonably accuarate. Deoxys-S, not considering Thundurus' tier when I say this, perhaps shouldn't be as low as it is and I predict it to rise throughout this month.

gw r_D x
Not only that but Salamence actually got lower in usage and Haxorus only went slightly higher. Even though Garchomp went away, the dragons you'd think were effected by Garchomp's usage aren't increasing very much to not at all.

It would be weird if Quagsire jumped up from RU to OU in the next tier list update. Has that ever happened before?

I know that Tangrowth managed to be in all 3 usage tiers, OU, UU and NU at some point during generation IV. Porygon 2 almost managed it too. Although I can't think of anything that jumped over a tier before.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
The fact that Jolteon is UU doesn't mean you can't use it in OU. I think everyone including you knows that. If you like a poke, just use it. Hell, I've used pokes as Crawdaunt and Lapras effectively in OU.
Give this guy a medal. The awesome kind.

Honestly I LOVE Mew and it'd be cool if it was OU, but i'm glad its UU because I can use (and abuse) it in two entirely different viable tiers. Mamoswine rising to OU sucked big time .-.

Also a couple of people were comparing Chandelure, Metagross and a few other pokemon to gen IV Electivire. Unlike Electivire, each of those pokemon have viable niches and aren't complete trash.

Edit: DROP CHANDELURE DROP.

Laughing hard at how high quaggy jumped in usage. I'm also surprised how competitive UU looks now.

Thank you for the stats Rising Dusk!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
One look at the LC stats reaffirms my decision to stop playing it, just ridiculous. Star is of course number 1, that bird ;) Glad to see Espeon's jump into OU, baton pass was too good in UU. Garchomp is still number 15 even after being banned half way through the month haha :) Thanks Dusk, very cool

The fact that garchomp was #15 ven though it only was played for half the month just shows how often it was played. If we waited to the end of the month it probably would've been top 3.

Zapdos Mew and Slowbro aren't OU yet, somewhat dissapointing especially considering we have Chandelure and friends in OU.
I still don't understand why Heatran is so high, I mean it is a terrific Pokemon but I see Jirachi about 500x more often.

Seriously guys, what's with all the Machamp hate? I threw together a team using Sub+3 Attacks Champ, and quite simply it kicks ass. It can switch into the top 2 Pokemon in the game with impunity and set up a Sub for free. From there it can abuse ConfuseHax and insane coverage (including Ice Punch to fuck Gliscor and other assorted walls). I fail to see why this might drop to UU. Somebody give me a good reason.

Seriously guys, what's with all the Machamp hate? I threw together a team using Sub+3 Attacks Champ, and quite simply it kicks ass. It can switch into the top 2 Pokemon in the game with impunity and set up a Sub for free. From there it can abuse ConfuseHax and insane coverage (including Ice Punch to fuck Gliscor and other assorted walls). I fail to see why this might drop to UU. Somebody give me a good reason.
People enjoy using Conkledurr more.

And about the Excadrill thing, I have absolutely no idea what the hell I was thinking when I said that :/
And a lot of Rotom's DON'T give a crap about Toxic. Choice Scarf Rotom (which I find as popular as they used to be...) thinks of Toxic only as a minor annoyance (Volt Switch spam) and have a good chance of a 2HKO with Hydro Pump, so unless it comes in on a Toxic, there's a good chance Rotom will beat Quagsire.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
If machamp will drop to UU, it will solely be because he isn't used often. There a handful of users who call Infernape trash this generation. One guy on the smogon PO server even told me that he was essentially a free switch in for jellicient and another told me that he was too slow to do any real damage. Hell, one guy on gamefaqs called Infernape the worst fighting type pokemon in OU. I can see Infernape usage steadily decreasing due to thoughts like these.

But that doesn't mean Infernape is suddenly bad. The same goes for machamp.

Infernape is an awesome sun sweeper.

Anyway, Conkledurr has Mach Punch so it can't OHKO Excadrill. Plus it has a little more bulk so it can take another attack from weak shit like Quagsire.

Accomplishment?

Infernape is an awesome sun sweeper.

Anyway, Conkledurr has Mach Punch so it can't OHKO Excadrill. Plus it has a little more bulk so it can take another attack from weak shit like Quagsire.

Accomplishment?
Scarf Infernape FTW.

What about flame orb + 1 stage bulk up boost?

Uhhhhh here's the thing about Bulk Up...Machamp can use it too.

Guts: Granted. You can OHKO Excadrill now so that's cool. You'll just kill yourself off in like 5 turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)