Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you have an Exp share on a poke, does it get all of the Evs or only half. For example, if Gliscor kills a Stunfisk (2 HP evs) and Skarmory is holding an Exp share, do they each get 2 or do they each get 1?
Both Gliscor and Skarmory would each receive the 2 HP EVs.

Anything that gains experience gains the full amount of EVs given by the opposing Pokémon, including switching or multiple EXP Shares

If a Pokemon faints during a battle (Wifi or IR) does the happiness still go down? Does that mean after every battle you have to bring the happiness back up for Return to be at maximum power?

I can't decide on an item to give my Empoleon set;

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Scald
- Roar

I considered lefties to keep him alive longer, since he sucks up special attacks quite well. But he still has a limited life span, unfortunate because he's got good SDef+HP

I can't decide on an item to give my Empoleon set;

EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 SDef Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Stealth Rock
- Flash Cannon
- Scald
- Roar

I considered lefties to keep him alive longer, since he sucks up special attacks quite well. But he still has a limited life span, unfortunate because he's got good SDef+HP
Id pour the SAtk EVs into HP or do like a 100 HP 52 SAtk split becuase he only has 2 attacks and he looks to be more of a phazer than all out attacker and i know you want the STAB boost from flash cannon... but grass knot gives you so much better coverage... but i would definitely give him leftovers. Hope that helped! But if you dont wanna change the spread then yeah either leftovers or a petaya berry...

I played the minigame for the Dream World Eeveelutions and am trying to download mine while I still can (the promotion ends on July 20). I logged into the PGL, went to "Promotions" and clicked on "Meet One of Eevee's Evolutions!", but got this message:

"You need to be qualified to participate in the promotion. Please check the Pokémon Trainer Club."

I don't see anything about it on the Pokémon Trainer Club site. What am I supposed to do in order to download my Eeveelution?

Id pour the SAtk EVs into HP or do like a 100 HP 52 SAtk split becuase he only has 2 attacks and he looks to be more of a phazer than all out attacker and i know you want the STAB boost from flash cannon... but grass knot gives you so much better coverage... but i would definitely give him leftovers. Hope that helped! But if you dont wanna change the spread then yeah either leftovers or a petaya berry...
I think I'll take some SAtk EVs for HP, that would help. Could you give me an example of grass knot over stab flash cannon please? Thanks, I'm definitely doing leftovers.

edit: Just thought of something, with magnezone flying around lately, would shed shell be worth it? Magnezone is probably the scariest thing Empoleon would face, trapped and zapped.

I played the minigame for the Dream World Eeveelutions and am trying to download mine while I still can (the promotion ends on July 20). I logged into the PGL, went to "Promotions" and clicked on "Meet One of Eevee's Evolutions!", but got this message:

"You need to be qualified to participate in the promotion. Please check the Pokémon Trainer Club."

I don't see anything about it on the Pokémon Trainer Club site. What am I supposed to do in order to download my Eeveelution?
Maybe you can try waiting for a day to pass?

Either that, or you were too late in playing the game.

Hey, does anyone know a good lure for scizor, terrakion, and other fighting mons? (I know scizor isn't a fighting type, but he's still an asshole) thanks in advance.
EDIT:
WinstonShnozwick, what about ice beam? stab steel isn't the best in terms of coverage and ice beam will hit grass and dragons harder

Those would probably be lured by Rock-types like Tyranitar

And as far as coverage for Empoleon goes, you will in all likelihood want to forgo Flash Cannon to get better coverage

Is there any possible way to turn the tutorial off in the dream world? It's fucking annoying. Every single time I play it pops up for every single screen I go to, and I've been playing it for about a month. I'm very close to just giving up on it.

Is there any possible way to turn the tutorial off in the dream world? It's fucking annoying. Every single time I play it pops up for every single screen I go to, and I've been playing it for about a month. I'm very close to just giving up on it.
It shouldn't play unless you swap computers like extremely often. I use DW on only 1 comp and I have tutorial on only the first visit. :/

What are the standard lead sets for both Ninetails and Politoad? I'm trying to build a secret anti weather lead and need those breakdowns for damage calcs.

On my offensive tank metagross set, what would be the best elemental punch for coverage? I used to run hammer arm, then I tried brick break for the screen smashing, accuracy, and not speed lowering. Switched to an elemental punch because I need a way to hit stuff. I use thunder punch right now for water annoyances, but ice punch could hit gliscor and fire punch could hit ferro, both pokemon that could counter meta.

It shouldn't play unless you swap computers like extremely often. I use DW on only 1 comp and I have tutorial on only the first visit. :/
Well, no, I'm too poor to have more that one compooter. Also, I have CCleaner, and I thought that adding the website to the list of saved cookies would help, no luck so far.

I thought that's what you meant. Okay say you have a Pokémon named B and you are fighting a Pokémon named Z. B has 100 Defense and 100 Special Defense. Z has 200 Defense and 200 Special Defense and Z has +2 Special Defense and +2 Defense. B uses Guard Split. Now both Pokémon have 150 Defense, 150 Special Defense, +1 Defense, and +1 Special Defense. If you then switch B out, B will revert back to 100 Defense and 100 Special Defense and +-0 Defense and +-0 Special Defense, but Z will keep the 150 Defense, 150 Special Defense, +1 Defense, and +1 Special Defense until it switches out.

I hope that made sense XP
It does... but shittttt... I wanted to use it on a magic guard alakazam as an anti-wall

@Arcana: I dunno... maybe your IP is dynamic, hence the server keeps thinking you are a different user every time.

@Kepperino: UU

@StruggleChomp: Actually, Guard Split doesn't swap the changes to the stats, so in the example Zacchaeus provided, the result is that B has 150 Def/SpD and Z has 150Def/SpD and +2Def/SpD. Guard Split doesn't include the mechanics of Guard Swap.

Oh yeah sorry I accidentally combined them. Guard Split ignores stat boosts completely.

And I've never seen Guard Split used effectively, but I have heard of Power Split Shuckle

Oh yeah sorry I accidentally combined them. Guard Split ignores stat boosts completely.

And I've never seen Guard Split used effectively, but I have heard of Power Split Shuckle
I honestly think alakazam could use it (with o defensive IVs) and recover. (it would make a pretty gangster anti-wall, both weakening the wall, and strengthening itself.) It also has enough speed to get it off without a hitch, and it has a free LO to sweep afterwards pretty efficiently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)