RU team help

Alright I have a about 27 RU teams on PO and I find that this one does the best.

Honchkrow @ Life orb Trait: Insomnia
EVs: 252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+SPD, -SATK)
-Taunt
-SuckerPunch
-BraveBird
-Superpower

OK, Firstly I have my Honchkrow as one of my leads. I carry the Taunt to counter slow stealth rock leads such as Ryperior, Claydol and Uxie with Lefties. Then I have sucker punch for stab against attackers and to OHKO Alakazam. The Brave Bird for another stab move that doesn't rely on attacking pokemon. Then finally Superpower just provides good all around coverage.

Cresselia @ Leftovers Trait: Levitate
EVS: 252 HP / 252 DEF / 4 SATK
Modest Nature (+SATK, -ATK)
-Substitute
-Calm Mind
-Physic
-Energy Ball

This a home grown cress set that I find can quite often change the tides of games. Most teams never see the Sub coming and provides a free turn for me. Then after 2 calm minds I am set against most special attackers except for specs Yanmega and Specs Alakazam. The only problem I face is Sharpedo but if I can take that out earlier I am fine but just in case I carry the Energy ball over the Grass Knot. Then Physic proves to be a strong stab move that few pokemon resist in RU.

Galvantula @ Lifeorb Trait: Compound Eyes
EVS: 252 SATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
Modest Nature (+SATK, -ATK)
-Thunder
-Bug Buzz
-Energy Ball
-HP Ice/Fire

Next on my lineup is my trusty Galvantula. All my moves basically speak for their self except for HP fire, I have that as an option because if my Alakazam is taken out then my team has big trouble against Ferroseed and it also can server useful against other pokemon as well, such as Durant and Hail teams. While hitting a Yanmega with HP Ice, before it hit you can prove very difficult.

Durant @ Occa Berry Trait: Hustle
EVS: 252 ATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
Jolly Nature (+SPD, -SATK)
-Hone Claws
-X-scissor
-Stone Edge
-Iron Head

Durant I would say is the most underated RU poke in the Tier. Posing a solid 348 speed and a minimum 317 attack I feel is a threat to be afraid of. After only one hone claws Durant is ready to wreck, X-scissor and Ironhead are very useful stabs while stone edge hits those flying types and Entei. Also resisting Extremespeed and from Entei and with a solid Defense stat it can take priority hits all day.

Alakazam @ Lifeorb Trait: Synchonize
EVS: 252 SATK / 252 SPD / 4 HP
Timid Nature (+SPD, -ATK)
-Focus Blast
-Psychic
-Energy Ball
-Shadow Ball

I don't have much to say about this set other than all of my moves cover most pokemon. I do think that I could switch Focus Blast for something tho as that all that it hit super effectively has a massive SDEF stat (Clefable, Umbreon, Munchlax and Lickilicky) and the shadow ball is for the occasional dusknoir and Confagrigus.

Munchlax @ Evolite Trait: Thick Fat
EVS: 252 HP / 252 SDEF/ 4 ATK
Careful Nature (+SDEF, -ATK)
-Toxic
-Rock Slide
-Whirlwind
-Frustration

Eviolite Munchlax is a specially defensive monster. He is one of the best answers to Yanmega, Moltres, Omastar...the list goes on. With an Eviolite, Munchlax sports something like 440/440 special defenses, so he is nearly untouched by most special attacks. With Frustration/Rock Slide/Toxic/Whirlwind, you have plenty of options against opponents like Yanmega. Rock Slide does something like 80% to most Yanmegas, while Bug Buzz will do very little to Munchlax here, allowing you to tank a hit and pound back with plenty of force. Whirlwind allows you to phaze away something that's gotten one too many Quiver Dances and the like and to rack up hazard damage. Toxic is an obvious helpful move in this metagame, as steel and poison types are not very prevalent at all.

Overall I feel that this team has great coverage from spikes, toxic spikes, and stealth rocks (Other than Galvantula) but I feel I need to switch something out for Stealth Rock and rapid spin and cleric and wish passer. I don't know though but this is why I am asking for your help. Thanks!​

On Alakazam, I would give it Charge Beam, because you can set up on walls while still being able to hit Sharpedo, as well as hitting Honchkrow.

This wont work as i will be too afraid to hit honchkrow fearing sucker punch and sharpedo may protect first turn and then will be very hard to kill as I might be slower depending on Speed EVS.

I'd say you might want to change Galvantula's nature from Modest to Timid because even at 108 base speed, he is still outspeed by positive natured base 100's when he has a neutral nature. I don't think Durant with Occa Berry is a good idea when he's not supposed to be taking hits anyway and he'd probably fall to special fire-type attacks even with the Occa Berry. Replace Occa Berry with Life Orb or something. Otherwise, your Durant is fine. I've noticed that your team has two rock weaknesses and no rock resistances, and given that you have no spinner your team seems very weak to Stealth Rock. You might want to replace Cresselia with Claydol, who can spin hazards out and resists rock. However, if Cress is really that important to your team, keep her. I'd also run Adamant over Jolly on Honchkrow, given that he won't be outspeeding much without Sucker Punch anyway. This is a minor cosmetic issue, but you might want to work on your spelling - you misspelled Psychic on Cresselia and Life Orb is sometimes spelled as lifeorb. You should also add pictures to your RMT (use the insert image button at the top instead of copying and pasting) to make your RMT easier to follow. Anyway, good luck on the ladder in the future!

Whoops about the spelling mistakes but I prefer to run a speedier galvantula because I think i am faster than a Sharpedo without a speed boost and I don't carry Life Orb on Durant because of the recoil and I did post links to pictures rather than copy and pasting but it didn't work for some reason.

I would use Moxie > Insomnia on Honchkrow. Moxiekrow is one of the big threats of the tier, and for good reason. the more kills he gets, the harder he is to kill, as your sucker Punch gets more powerful. Insomnia dogdes Sleep Powder, but Venomoth and Tangela are the only pokes that use it anyways. And honestly, I disagree with Zomeonez on Alakazam. Energy Ball hits Sharpedo, and you have absolutely no reason to stay in on a Honchkrow. And if you don't want LO on your Durant, try Leftovers to at least give him a little more sweeping potential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)