Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew

I love weather; Sun for days
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are the standard lead sets for both Ninetails and Politoad? I'm trying to build a secret anti weather lead and need those breakdowns for damage calcs.
Most people run Specs Politoed

Politoed @ Choice Specs
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest
Drizzle
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis/filler

and, personally, I like the SpDef Nintales set:

Nintales @ Leftovers
252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm
Drought
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- WoW
- Hypnosis

Most people run Specs Politoed

Politoed @ Choice Specs
252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
Modest
Drizzle
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Hypnosis/filler

and, personally, I like the SpDef Nintales set:

Nintales @ Leftovers
252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm
Drought
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- WoW
- Hypnosis
<3

Just for curiosity's sake, does the Ninetails set you gave ever run overheat? or is that only really useful in the specs set?

Just for curiosity's sake, does the Ninetails set you gave ever run overheat? or is that only really useful in the specs set?
I've seen Ninetales with Overheat+Guard Swap (lol one of the few good uses to it). It would further increase your special bulk. Something like Overheat/Energy Ball/Will-o-Wisp/Guard Swap. Walled by Fire's and Dragons but you shouldn't be in on those.

I've also had the same problem with the opening tutorial sequence on the Dream World. It's so frustrating that the Professor seems to think I forget what the Berry rows are for when I have 10+ plants growing. T_T

If an illegal Ferrothorn (Male) has Stealth Rock / Spikes / Leech Seed / Filler, will breeding it cause the baby to have the first three moves (thus, also be illegal)?

For reference, Ferrothorn only legally gets any two of those moves:
Stealth Rock / Spikes from Crustle.
Stealth Rock / Leech Seed from Torterra.
Spikes / Leech Seed from Roserade.

If an illegal Ferrothorn (Male) has Stealth Rock / Spikes / Leech Seed / Filler, will breeding it cause the baby to have the first three moves (thus, also be illegal)?

For reference, Ferrothorn only legally gets any two of those moves:
Stealth Rock / Spikes from Crustle.
Stealth Rock / Leech Seed from Torterra.
Spikes / Leech Seed from Roserade.
Yes. Because they are all viable egg moves. However, it's still hacked, and if you use it, I must pimpslap you.

I played the minigame for the Dream World Eeveelutions and am trying to download mine while I still can (the promotion ends on July 20). I logged into the PGL, went to "Promotions" and clicked on "Meet One of Eevee's Evolutions!", but got this message:

"You need to be qualified to participate in the promotion. Please check the Pokémon Trainer Club."

I don't see anything about it on the Pokémon Trainer Club site. What am I supposed to do in order to download my Eeveelution?
Maybe you can try waiting for a day to pass?

Either that, or you were too late in playing the game.
It's been doing this for more than a day (I only tried it for the first time a few days ago, and it's been this way ever since). I beat the game before midnight on the last day it was up.

Yes. Because they are all viable egg moves. However, it's still hacked, and if you use it, I must pimpslap you.
Hmm, I was planning on doing that to breed a cluster of Eggs, then train several different Ferrothorns with different sets without having to start the Egg Move breeding from scratch with a new male parent each time. Of course, I'd delete one of the three moves depending on which set I'd train for.

Bulbasaur Question

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and fairly new to the game so bear with me. I have a question and don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I really want a DW bulbasuar, the problem is someone today me that female versions are not released. Desipte of this alot of people on the net have chlorophyll venusaur on their team.
How is this possible? Don't you need to breed for HP fire and the correct nature and IVs? I highly doubt the one that is available for buyers of the megazine can run any of the sets metioned in this analysis. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get one of these venusaurs

Hi guys, I am new to the forum and fairly new to the game so bear with me. I have a question and don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I really want a DW bulbasuar, the problem is someone today me that female versions are not released. Desipte of this alot of people on the net have chlorophyll venusaur on their team.
How is this possible? Don't you need to breed for HP fire and the correct nature and IVs? I highly doubt the one that is available for buyers of the megazine can run any of the sets metioned in this analysis. Can someone tell me what I need to do to get one of these venusaurs
I'm not too familiar with the process, but I'm pretty sure you can RNG for the correct IVs and whatnot.

And as usual, the simulator is always optimistic and assumes that everyone just happens to have access to even the most unlikely IV spreads for the rarest stuff, so they get access to stuff that would be hard to come by with the cartridge play.

Could anyone please calculate these situations for me? I want to see how much a certain crit mattered.

Jolly-natured 252 Attack Minccino (99 Attack at level 50, if it helps) Flail at 1 HP (I believe 200 BP before STAB) vs. +SpDef 252HP/252SpDef Umbreon at -1 Defense and vs. +Def 252HP/252Def Umbreon at -1 Def

I fought against an Umbreon on Random Matchup and it switched in as my Minccino used Tickle. I had 1 HP from Slaking's Return, so I attacked with a full-powered Flail and it got a crit and OHKO'ed. I know Minccino isn't an offensive behemoth, but I'm pretty sure that'd still do a lot of damage without a crit.

I'm not too familiar with the process, but I'm pretty sure you can RNG for the correct IVs and whatnot.

And as usual, the simulator is always optimistic and assumes that everyone just happens to have access to even the most unlikely IV spreads for the rarest stuff, so they get access to stuff that would be hard to come by with the cartridge play.

Okay thank you for the reply XienZo. The best poke i've ever bred was a gible with 31 IV in a stats but special attck. That took me like three days and I finally got lucky. Usually my pokes have like two or three 31s.
Do most of the people on here use this RNG? No wonder it is difficult for me to win on wifi battles...

Okay thank you for the reply XienZo. The best poke i've ever bred was a gible with 31 IV in a stats but special attck. That took me like three days and I finally got lucky. Usually my pokes have like two or three 31s.
Do most of the people on here use this RNG? No wonder it is difficult for me to win on wifi battles...
MOST people just use pokesav and create pokemon with flawless IVs. The ones that don't do that usually RNG.

I think this is even more prevalent this generation than the last because now that the game doesn't auto-level pokemon to 100, more and more people use action replay devices and if you're going to use a cheating device, you might as well just use it to create the pokemon themselves rather than make 100 rare candies to level a pokemon with sub-par stats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)