5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

Sadly, don't have Plat. I've had this Diamond for years, just left it sitting there when my friend started my stuff over.

^Immediately after starting game and hold onto all those keys until before "The Pokemon Company" logo appears.
I have the same doubt.
I need to handle the keypresses until the "The Pokemon Company" logo appears, or there is no difference if I hold them until it disappears?

I have the same doubt.
I need to handle the keypresses until the "The Pokemon Company" logo appears, or there is no difference if I hold them until it disappears?
I usually hold them until I see the shooting stars and I hit my seed, so I don't think holding them longer makes a difference.

So, using a DSi we're still supposed to be able to do C-Gear seeds right? I've been trying and have gotten nothing but might it be user error? >_>

So, using a DSi we're still supposed to be able to do C-Gear seeds right? I've been trying and have gotten nothing but might it be user error? >_>
Yes you can hit c-gear seeds on a DSi.
Be more specific. What do you mean by "have gotten nothing?"
You can't find what delay you hit? Or you know what delay you hit but you keep hitting the wrong delay?

You should know that frame 1 in Reporter 9.81 is your starting frame not frame 3. Example: if your target is on frame 5 you need to advance 4 frames (128 steps | 4 Pokemon in party).

Hi, can anyone help me find out what is wrong here? Does the initial starting frame finder not work?

I was using the full seed 0557E84C06CA869A to find a shiny litwick in the tower. The starting frame finder didn't work, so I found the starting frame to be on 56 manually.

When I do 6 chatters like it should be from there, I get a bashful female litwick with ability 0. However, when I do 1,2,3,4,7,8 chatters, they all match up. What am I doing wrong here?

The date and time settings are 11/18/2011 3:05:22 with a+right+down keypresses if that is needed.

1st thanks to the people that helped me get on my feet with RNGing and 2nd im pretty sure these times work for any area in the game i just need confirmation lol thanks ALL

i've got a problem in abusing tornadus: rain has different "behaviours" when I get out: in particular, when tornadus flies away, sometimes the storm stops after few seconds of "common" rain, so after the storm there's a little moment in which common rain appears, and other times the storm stops directly. this stupid trick influences my results, so how can i fix it?
i'm abusing on 26/4/2057 (winter), 01:08:37, seed: d2504a0a37ced991
bump :( is anyone able to tell me what does it depend on?

edit: also, i discovered that hitting the same seed and doing 3 chatot flips makes the rain become "common" in the final part; doing 1,2,4,5,6 flips keeps the storm until the end... =(

edit: also, i discovered that hitting the same seed and doing 3 chatot flips makes the rain become "common" in the final part; doing 1,2,4,5,6 flips keeps the storm until the end... =(
I have abuse for roamers quite a few times and I never encounter such a problem.
During winter it is suppose to snow, then after your short conversation with the roamer, it would roar and rain would then begin to fall.

Also is it really affecting your frame or every time you advance 3 chatot do you get the same results?

Buckert

Obsessive Collecting Disorder

I'd say just get yourself a new seed.

I have abuse for roamers quite a few times and I never encounter such a problem.
During winter it is suppose to snow, then after your short conversation with the roamer, it would roar, rain would then begin to fall.

Also is it really affecting your frame or everytime you advance 3 chatot do you get the same results?
the common rain takes a little more time to disappear, and the frame hit jumps from around 620 (when there is only the storm) to around 640, and this common rain appears usually when i advance the pidrng 3 times. i'll probably try another seed, i'm becoming mad, but i have to restart the game because i was softresetting for a shiny-flawless tornadus..

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
So, I'm trying 5th gen wondercard abuse for the first time. I'm working on that Japanese shiny cherish ball Hydreigon. Kaphotics and Bond both told me that the nature would be screwey, and I can handle trying different seeds till I happen upon one that gives me Timid, but as for the IVs I'm a bit confused. I've read the guides (set your search to 5th gen wondercard, saves advance your frame by 1, etc), and I have tons of experience with Eggs, and Stationarys, and Wilds, and all that, but after trying 5 seeds 8 times each I've yet to get the predicted IVs once.

I'm doing something wrong.

I'm certain I did my parameters right because I RNG'd a couple random wild mons a few times before I started on this wondercard. I know I searched for Wondercard spreads and not a different type, because my RNG Reporter is STILL open.

My basic process is to boot from the DS Clock Screen a second before the target time, immediately hold the button combo till the star scene, starts on frame 1, save to advance to target frame, check IVs (I know what the stats should be at L70).

I haven't come across the proper IVs in 40 Resets. Any ideas what I might be missing here?

So, I'm trying 5th gen wondercard abuse for the first time. I'm working on that Japanese shiny cherish ball Hydreigon. Kaphotics and Bond both told me that the nature would be screwey, and I can handle trying different seeds till I happen upon one that gives me Timid, but as for the IVs I'm a bit confused. I've read the guides (set your search to 5th gen wondercard, saves advance your frame by 1, etc), and I have tons of experience with Eggs, and Stationarys, and Wilds, and all that, but after trying 5 seeds 8 times each I've yet to get the predicted IVs once.

I'm doing something wrong.

I'm certain I did my parameters right because I RNG'd a couple random wild mons a few times before I started on this wondercard. I know I searched for Wondercard spreads and not a different type, because my RNG Reporter is STILL open.

My basic process is to boot from the DS Clock Screen a second before the target time, immediately hold the button combo till the star scene, starts on frame 1, save to advance to target frame, check IVs (I know what the stats should be at L70).

I haven't come across the proper IVs in 40 Resets. Any ideas what I might be missing here?
Because you need to walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon to advance the IV frame with 1. Saving is for the PIDRNG frames

And then I found this on the first page of this thread:

Wondercards have no relation to the MTRNG, and have their starting frame based on the seed. Have your Minimum frame be 60+ to allow for the PIDRNG's initial advancement.

So maybe that's an idea.

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
Because you need to walk 128 steps with 1 pokemon to advance the IV frame with 1. Saving is for the PIDRNG frames

And then I found this on the first page of this thread:

Wondercards have no relation to the MTRNG, and have their starting frame based on the seed. Have your Minimum frame be 60+ to allow for the PIDRNG's initial advancement.

So maybe that's an idea.
I appreciate the thought, but unfortunately it doesn't work like that. I talked to Kaphotics last night on #smogonwifi and he said the reporter was set up to handle the frame 60 part. Frame 1 is frame 1 for all intents. Unless I'm misunderstanding him and the guide.

Hmm, I've got a handful of RNGed Wild, Stationary, and Gift (so, RNG Captures) pokemon, and now I'm starting on Breeding.

I've got flawless Parents, and I'm going for a Flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31) poke. I hit my seed (or I think I do, but I can hit my seed, like, 98% of the time), Hold down Left+L+X as it says (and I hold it for most of the ceremony at the begining, so I can't have just not held the buttons long enough) and then I take the egg, but when I hatch it, it always has the wrong IVs (I can't tell you the exact ones because I'm using the Judge guy, and he doesn't give exact IVs =/)

Do I just keep trying? Or am I clearly doing something wrong? (and yes, it's a Frame 8 spread)

Hmm, I've got a handful of RNGed Wild, Stationary, and Gift (so, RNG Captures) pokemon, and now I'm starting on Breeding.

I've got flawless Parents, and I'm going for a Flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31) poke. I hit my seed (or I think I do, but I can hit my seed, like, 98% of the time), Hold down Left+L+X as it says (and I hold it for most of the ceremony at the begining, so I can't have just not held the buttons long enough) and then I take the egg, but when I hatch it, it always has the wrong IVs (I can't tell you the exact ones because I'm using the Judge guy, and he doesn't give exact IVs =/)

Do I just keep trying? Or am I clearly doing something wrong? (and yes, it's a Frame 8 spread)
What I do to check for IV on bred pokes to find starting frame is I use 20 rare candies that I got from the Royal Unova (Sundays) to level up the poke and plug it into the IV checker. Then you would compare the perfect IV's from your parent's to the blank ones in the frame with the nature/ability/gender of your poke to see the starting PID frame which should not be too far from the "calculated" frame. After which you simply restart the process without saving and go for your desired frame or advance 1 frame or 2 using Chatots to verify the initial frame you just estimated then go for your desired frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 23)