Gastro Acid/ Worry Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
BUT a handful of PO players don't exactly know that, I've had people staying in with Gliscor even as it's being poisoned to death and after a couple turns they realise what Worry Seed even did.

That's just stupid silly. When you use Gastro Acid or Worry Seed, it tells you that the ability was nullified/changed to Insomnia. Even beyond that, the fact that their Gliscor lost health every turn didn't clue them in? Yeah, don't use them as any type of example. They were either illiterate or too preoccupied with extinguishing a kitchen fire to pay attention to the battle.

That's just stupid silly. When you use Gastro Acid or Worry Seed, it tells you that the ability was nullified/changed to Insomnia. Even beyond that, the fact that their Gliscor lost health every turn didn't clue them in? Yeah, don't use them as any type of example. They were either illiterate or too preoccupied with extinguishing a kitchen fire to pay attention to the battle.
It's interesting that nullifying the ability on let's say, the 4th turn it's out, will cause it to lose 1/4th of it's HP on the same turn, though, so even if they do notice it immediately, it can still cause some damage in a single turn.

Those who say that Worry Seed is useless needs to try it out. Worry Seed is very useful, at least, better than Stun Miss. Worry seeding Toxicroaks, Poison Heal pokemon, Guts pokemon, etc is really useful.

I was thinking about using worry seed on some of my grass types. Wouldn't it also pokes from being able to rest? You could stun spore them then worry seed them to prevent the restoration of their status?

Worry seed is really useful on fast subseeders that can get past their counters when they lose their abilities (breloom, Gliscor, Tenta, Toxicroak) but outside of that nitch, its not very useful. It works well on spike stacking teams with a leech seeder b/c Breloom and co have to switch out immediately and both it and whatever switch in take spike damage.

Worry Seed is great on Magic Guard users who have had their toxic counter stack up enough to OHKO them. Always fun to use.

Princess Emily

Fear the nice-smelling Princess!
Despite not too related in this thread, I think Mummy deserves some mention a bit...
Unlike Worry Seed/Gastro Acid, the attacker must make a contact move with the Mummy poke so the attacker's ability is nullified.

As for the rest, uhhh...it just do almost the same as Worry Seed/Gastro Acid.

Although Mummy is not that too useful, but still usable nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)