The Infamous Hover Hands!

Nah it's only common for nerds and ugly people when they are interacting with a hot girl that they think is contacting them as a gimmick because "there's no way in hell that they would ever want to talk to them let alone touch them"

Either that or they don't normally interact with women.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
maybe some of these guys have girlfriends and don't want pictures of them with their arms around other girls, so they do the hover hand to call attention to the fact that they are not putting their arm around them like they didn't want the picture taken.

Probably?

Maybe?

Fuck.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
okay now seriously does this ever occur or is this just people being photographed before they've got their hands on these women

because jesus

okay now seriously does this ever occur or is this just people being photographed before they've got their hands on these women

because jesus
I tried to find a picture from Fishy's VGC album to prove that he was not a hoverhander, but there was none. Fishy is not an equal opportunity embracer.

because jesus
The good news is that some of the pictures could just have been taken early.

The bad news is that they probably don't even make up a significant portion.

Have you never met someone this awkward around girls?

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I tried to find a picture from Fishy's VGC album to prove that he was not a hoverhander, but there was none. Fishy is not an equal opportunity embracer.
There was a picture of him, Makiri and Caffwin but I can't remember if it was Paul's hands who had his arms around them, or if it was Fish.

I am insecure and am inclined to post to defend my honor. Even though this one is almost worse because I look creepy as hell.

Very sneaky, Jesus...

AJers

Your typical e-wench
hahaha, this thread is too freaking awesome. I never realized hoover-handing it was such a widespread phenomenon. :P

Nah thats because it really blowed, man.

I guess that spongebob hover hands must be similar to the santa one. Some sort of legal requirement. Still hilarious

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Those aren't real hands on the end of that guy, so they are probably too unwieldy to position. At the theme park I work at the costumed guys are allowed to hug kids and whatnot, I believe as long as there is some sign of consent.

EDIT: Oh wait that's not even a costumed character (the theme park I worked at had the spongebob one, the skinny ass legs give it away.)

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
IT'S OKAY GUYS WORLD'S GREATEST DETECTIVE LAYELL IS ON THE CASE

THEY'RE NOT REAL ARMS

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This is what I get when going on smogon in the morning after being up all night. Also I prefer the name Encyclopedia Layell, I can solve any case for only a quarter!

some of these I really don't get.. like the wedding picture and the guy who's too embarrassed with his mom??

honestly that's just bad

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)