Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, i think my game is acting up. im fighting the subway boss, his garbador to my wobbufet. he hits me with venoshock. i flinch. since venoshock has no flinch chance, i assume he has the razor item. but i send out salamance, deal damage, and its holding black sludge. am i missing something? cuz his !=ucking garbador took out 2 of my pokemon without a scratch!!!

honestly, this game hates me. a critical hit then 2 flinches that shouldn't exist.
The Garbodor had "Stench" as its ability, which gives him a chance to flinch you

Edit: ninjask'd

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
in a triple battle, do theattacks target the space or the pokemon, reguarding swapping?

It targets the spacing. I.E. if your Gyarados is in front, is targeted by a Jolteon's thunderbolt, and you use shift when it is Golem's turn, Golem will take the thunderbolt, not Gyarados.

I'm pretty sure they don't, but do EVs reset when a Pokemon evolves? This is something that's been haunting me since I began EV training, and my Pokes never quite reached their max stats for that specific stat (Like Jolly Excadrill would only have like 280 Speed instead of the projected 302). Keep in mind that it had perfect Speed IVs, so I ruled that bit out. Other than that, I dont see how it doesnt hit unless human error.

I'm pretty sure they don't, but do EVs reset when a Pokemon evolves? This is something that's been haunting me since I began EV training, and my Pokes never quite reached their max stats for that specific stat (Like Jolly Excadrill would only have like 280 Speed instead of the projected 302)
No, the evolved Pokemon keeps all of its EV's. The reason why your Pokemon don't reach the maximum stats is because even though you may be giving 252 EV's to them in that stat, it won't be as high as possible because the IV it has in that stat is lower than maximum (Your Excadrill has a Speed IV of 9, I believe, whereas the maximum is 31 so it is missing out on the important 22 Speed points to speed tie with other Excadrill). It is ideal to only train Pokemon with maximum IV's in the stats you need them to be in (Like, for example, a 0 Speed IV for Bronzong won't hurt it, it might actually help due to increasing Gyro Ball's power).

my salamance has fly, dragon rush, crunch and rock slide, and is meant to be used in double or triple battles. which move should go out for fire blast. also, should rock slide be replaced with stone edge?

my salamance has fly, dragon rush, crunch and rock slide, and is meant to be used in double or triple battles. which move should go out for fire blast. also, should rock slide be replaced with stone edge?
Fly is a very bad move for competitive play, as the other player can just switch out to something that resists it. Dragon Rush isn't too good because of the 75% accuracy, so Outrage is recommended although it locks you into it, or Draco Meteor if you're mixed. Salamence can't learn Stone Edge, so Rock Slide will have to do if you absolutely have to have a Rock-type move on it. Crunch might be useful for a few opponents, but it doesn't really hurt any popular threats.

I'd take out Fly for Fire Blast and change Dragon Rush to Outrage/Draco Meteor.

thanks. id been considering fly, and the missing has been getting annoying. ill give DM a try. oddly enough, power whip has been missing more : /

in addition, petilil has just replaced dunsparce as most annoying pokemon.

I currently don't have any Dream Friends because I'm not a fan of the whole "random-only" friendship system they have. I'm only at about 1500 dream points. Is making friends the only way I'm going to get to the necessary point total to get Poliwag, etc. without taking a ridiculously long time?

What's a good way to combat drizzle teams while using a sun team?
In my experience, a Cholorphyll user such as Venusaur works wonders if you already have Sun up and Politoed is down. As for taking out the lead Politoed, a Scarf'd mon with high attack and powerful moves can OHKO it, such as a Scarf'd Darmanitan with Earthquake. Some Politoed run physical bulk though, so you gotta watch out for that >__>

Also, hi FAQs arch-enemy! ......

*runs*

AfroThunderRule

*yawn* ez
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
What's a good lure to TTar?

I was thinking LO CMLatios with HP Fighting. But that still loses to ScarfTar/SDefTar and those carrying that Fighting reduce berry. :x

Edit: While being decent for Drizzle teams.

Correction (sorry): Sitrus Berry activates at 50% HP so using an even HP would activate it. And a pinch berry would activate at 25% so using Substitute along with Belly Drum would activate it

Also, for something like Poliwrath, keep in mind that Substitute + Belly Drum activates a berry (Azumarill occasionally uses Substitute Belly Drum Salac Berry because Aqua Jet Belly Drum is illegal)

I currently don't have any Dream Friends because I'm not a fan of the whole "random-only" friendship system they have. I'm only at about 1500 dream points. Is making friends the only way I'm going to get to the necessary point total to get Poliwag, etc. without taking a ridiculously long time?
Even with friends, you will still take a ridiculously long time. Making friends only gives you that cool rainbow thing so youu can be like "Hah, I have a social life"

What's a good lure to TTar?

I was thinking LO CMLatios with HP Fighting. But that still loses to ScarfTar/SDefTar and those carrying that Fighting reduce berry. :x

Edit: While being decent for Drizzle teams.
I used a sub punch Mew to lure out tyranitar. Some mews have sub anyway, so its a great lure. Reuniclus is also good. If you can have it bulky enough to survive a crunch, then F-Blast it, it should be good. Finally, gengar with sub punch. it actually is a viable strategy to take out blisseys, look it up.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Mixed Tornadus is often run to Hammer Arm Tyranitars that switch in hoping to wall its Hurricanes. There was a SubPunch Abomasnow set posted in the Creative Movesets thread as well. Also, since TTar is often run as a lead and is relatively unafraid of other Tyranitars, simply running Superpower on a Tyranitar of your own is often enough to defeat other Tyranitars.

Completely unrelated: What's up with all the double posting in this thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)