GameFAQs guide on how to win at B/W competitive OU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Source: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/989552-pokemon-black-version/59735344

1- Use CB Tyranitar on every team
2- Don't use rain. It sucks and its easy to counterplay.
3- Use at least 2 or more steels
4- Have at least 2 or more ways of beating Excadrill
5- Always have a pokemon on your team that knows stealth rock
6- Have at least one or more pokemon that can single handedly beat the combination of Gliscor/Ferrothorn/Jellicent
7- Only use good pokemon. Choose from this list:
Tyranitar/Excadrill/Landorus/Heatran/Magnezone/Terrakion*/Hydreigon/Machamp/Scizor*/Latios*/Jirachi/Celebi/Metagross
* - If you decide to use this pokemon, then use Magnezone too
8- If for some reason you disagree with step 7, you aren't good and you do not have the ability to read the metagame and stay ahead of the curve. Quit while you're ahead.
9- Throw out all your kiddy ideals that you can use your favorite pokemon/theme teams/pokemon that look cool and still win at the same time. You can't. If you want to play like that, then competitive is not for you.
10- Out predict your opponent every turn. It can be done. I do it all the time. There is only one truth. Analyze how your opponent plays and take advantage of it. If you believe prediction is a guessing game, you don't have the prediction skills to be good at competitive play either.

Edit: I would like to thank raygun for showing me the proper format. This is a very effective and quick way to help the gamefaqs community win. If you read this guide and take it seriously, I guarantee you could make it as one of the best competitive players alive. A good way to test this out is by playing on the smogon PO server and making voting requirements with your new knowledge.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
it's a joke, you fucking morons

it was clearly aimed at taking the piss out of you, and hey presto

breh

強いだね
assuming this is not a troll:

Thundurus is meh

He's not spectacular all around, and on offense he's just a cut above average. What sells him is priority t-waves, which won't get him far against Excadrill.
just ditch Salamence for Celebi since the reasons you chose Salamence are the same reasons for using Celebi, except you get another water resist thrown in too
celebi is god apparently

Virizion is god awful. Easily one of the worst OU's in the tier. You can go ahead and use it if you want, but I guarantee you wont go very far with such a terrible pokemon. Use Celebi instead, its like a million times better.
see it's god

Conkeldurr isn't that great. Way too mediocre. Machamp is better in everything except stats, which aren't that much better. Nothing can switch in to dynamic punch.
>implying metagross is a better Latios counter than Tyranitar, Blissey or Jirachi
>implying it's a better check than Starmie or Scizor (this part is quoted)

nope

Tyranitar- HP fight says hi
Blissey- Psyshock says hi
Jirachi- Destroyed by Mangezone unless you use the CM set, in which case, specs HP fire says hi

Metagross is the only one that can beat Latios, retain a good moveset, and just be a good mon overall.
What makes Metagross better than Jirachi is the fact that he doesn't have to be a ***** and only take hits from Latios. He can actually finish it off right on the spot and prevent it from escaping
Can I use Gliscor, Gastrodon or Bronzong primal_force? can I? plz? (this part is quoted)

You can, but you wont win.

Sorry =[
Tyranitar can't directly switch in. Neither can Metagross if Latios is packing HP fire, but if you have both Tyranitar and Metagross, Latios wont be able to do much damage to you. You'll remove it the turn after it comes into play.

Overall, the best "counter" is either Jirachi or Blissey. But don't try to "counter" things. Try to BEAT things. What good does it do you if you switch Blissey/Jirachi in to take an attack an then have no way of
Its true that among the pokemon I mentioned, there are very few of them who can reliably stop Excadrill. This is because the best Excadrill stoppers all suck really bad, such as Gliscor or Skarmory. I don't see a point in running pokemon like that just to stop Excadrill. I'd rather use something else that I can get much more out of.

internet

no longer getting paid to moderate
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
salamence is a water resist

anyone got a gamefags account? I'm considering making one to post this there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)