Amazing how we all sound terrible on film

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
ESPECIALLY ME
Ninahaza, my laugh is also terrible, sorry.

ok so i have decided not to do the whole picture thing this year[i took pictures, yes. find them on facebook :0], why create a picture war story when my man Dtrain
already has one up[loved it] and my good pal DM
plans on putting up a warstory himself[at least that's what I've been told and i cant wait to read it]. anyways, after realizing that i had about an hours worth of vgc nationals footage, i decided to go with videos this year.
instead of a war story i am going to split up/edit that 1 hour of footage into .......maybe 10 videos, 10 memories/moments from nationals. if i put a smile on your face or make you laugh then my work here is done

Video #1 : one of my personal Favorites
user dubulous waiting for his round 3 opponent during the LCQ, he decides to WARM UP

not everyone will understand the next 2 videos, also excuse the darkness
Video #2 :
a drunk DM tries to explain to us who CHESTER COPPERPOTS is, gigapunch not making it easy for him. Those who did not know, this video also explains his custom title

Video #3 :
Evan arrives and hugs everyone...which leads to a debate on who gives the best hugs. we also debate on who is the better pokemon hustler, ALAKA OR CK?

Video #4 : Another one of my personal Favorites
Best accident ever

Video #5 :
Proof that skarm has some skill

Video #6 : i am stopping here for now, i'll upload the rest tonight or tomorrow
i know a few of you have been asking for this video on IRC, so here it is.
ok so this is the situation: we are all having a good time playing corn hole, skarm was not doing so good, he called over the [normal at the time] black guy to play him a song for good luck. so the dude plays skarm a song.............and then demands payment for his services, $1. skarm tells the guy that he was not expecting to pay and that he did not have a dollar on him, the guy is not happy. he eventually gets his 1 dollar, but too late, the damage was done apparently.
i think the guy was on something, he flips out and starts attacking everyone. you'll have to excuse me for not getting all the drama on video, Bluecookies had to keep reminding me to film. those of you whom he threatened, please share, i'm sure the guy had some great lines.
anyways, enjoy i guess.

THE UPDATE
Wow, has it really been a week and a half already?
OK, after i kept putting this off [sorry firestorm], i am finally done with the last few videos.

White castle:
lets start things off in a big, tasty way. The gang heads to white castle

Endless lunch:
fooling around at tgi fridays, its a good thing we had a waitress with a sense of humor. Ducks silliness

THE TOUR: i ended up really liking this video
after deciding not to put it up in the first place. i had 1 hour left in indianapolis, i decided to film my walk back to my hotel from tgi fridays, a slow walk where i passed by all our favorite places, reminiscing. i originally decided not to put it up because it was a long video[26 minutes unedited, but dont worry i edited it down]] and the camera was really shaky in some places due to fast forwarding, but i took the time to edit this video so why not show it anyways. THE TOUR

Departure time:
this was the video i made to replace "THE TOUR". Best thing about this video is the ending[and its short], i video taped the plane taking off and everything

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
damn. dat singing voice
also need light for night time video :( couldn't tell if it was scotty's or the pool until i heard the talk about the bill!
babbytron :3

i love the duy video, that was freaking excellent

all these videos were so entertaining/funny, great warstory :D

(and holy crud your voice)

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
it's okay ninahaza, i'm barely better than you. i could only get the waitress's schedules.

looking back on that incident i kind of feel bad if you notice the first time i walk away from behind DM i'm covering my mouth because i'm laughing my ass off and i don't want the guy to see, and i'm telling firestorm? and someone else? exactly what he was saying. should have taken the situation a bit more seriously (which i didn't start doing until after he started threatening mingot) but if hindsight is 20/20 SKARM NO TROLLING HOMELESS PEOPLE. also sorry for ditching you the second time he came around DM but i really didn't want to set him off so i needed more time to compose myself. (it's alright i came back though!)

also the guy got his dollar pretty quickly btw. skarm was looking for it but only had 20s so mingot gave the guy a dollar. it seemed like he was pretty fine right after that and like he was saying goodbye because "the cops were going to come" then said something about kicking someone's face in before they got there and that's when he snapped. i kept trying to avoid eye contact because that seemed to always set him off but it was kind of hard :/

Yo Jesus, you think everyone else sounds gay on film?

I haven't been in any videos yet. :D

BRING ON THE WORLDS YERE!

Ninahaza

it's okay ninahaza, i'm barely better than you. i could only get the waitress's schedules.
yeah its not easy sometimes, but we tried and that's what makes the difference between those who get some and those who don't, the smogon playas and the smogon bystanders. Man jabba, scotty's has some hot waitresses, next year i'm getting the number forsure, i'll lift up my shirt and ask her to jot it down on my abs ;).

also haha, OH MA GOD LUKE, <3 your avatar and you know its always a pleasure hanging out with you.

i love you too iss

Nice job recording everything Ninahaza, and props to you for adding in the music to Dubs' warm up. I was there watching Dubs warm up at Nats in real time, but the music makes it just that much better.

today I traded 2 samurott for 2 kingdra prime TOP THAT ALAKA

and yes discussing hugs while hugging is probably always going to come across as "super gay"

andrea

/me cresselias
Looking forward to the rest of the videos. <33

Also ohmygosh Luke your new avatar. Bwahahaha 100% win.

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
would have liked a better video of my diving bombing of paul but i will take it!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
You weren't the only one who noticed.

I promise a full recap (to the best of my memory) in my own story, and I'll talk to mingot/bearsfan/Jabba to see what they remember because they were closest. I'll just leave you with this:

"In Hong Kong, THAT MEANS YOU'D BE DEAD ALREADY."

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I feel like I remember that quote being said, or repeated? FUCK NOW I HAVE TO WAIT FOR THE STORY SO I CAN BE SURE.

haven't watched any videos yet, but it sounds like there needs to be an evan vs. fishy hug-off? lol get lost party city

edit: d'awww guys i'm glad you love my hugs!! DON'T HOLD BACK I CAN TAKE ALL THE LOVE YOU CAN MUSTER.
still a resounding 'lol party city' :cloud:

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
LOOK the guy was entirely normal and playing music for free like 5 minutes earlier. He also had a HG/SS fanny pack on so I figured he was some sort of crazy ass Pokemon fan.

I was sucking at cornhole for once so I said "man I need some tunes for this" so he started playing for approximately 10 seconds then demanded a dollar, which I didn't have anything less than 20s... and he wasn't getting that. So Bill gave him a dollar, he was fine and on his way out, then he snapped and started threatening Bill and DM.

Then gigapunch decided to try and troll me two nights later about how it was all my fault.

I never asked the guy to come over and play, he pounced on a random ass comment I made while drunk and playing a bean bag toss game at a bar.

Ninahaza

this works out perfectly, i want hugs from seniors

Almost teared up after watching the last two videos =[ Looking forward to seeing you in San Diego Jesus, and for many years to come =)
aww Luke, <3. we are still doing a convention next year right? i'm down with comic con bro [or anything else, i'm sure it'll be fun regardless]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)