Ditto

BurningMan

fueled by beer
imposter doen't changes Dittos IVs so your not copying the Hidden Power type.
I think HP Ice and fire can definetally be a good choice, just remember that if you choose HP fire you will always lose the speedtie if you switch into something that boosts its speed you will lose the following speed tie (unless the opponent also uses HP fire).

imposter doen't changes Dittos IVs so your not copying the Hidden Power type.
I think HP Ice and fire can definetally be a good choice, just remember that if you choose HP fire you will always lose the speedtie if you switch into something that boosts its speed you will lose the following speed tie (unless the opponent also uses HP fire).
Ditto is much better as a revenge killer than an offensive switch-in. In addition, I dont think it works like that, though I could be wrong. While the IV might be less, the Stat will be the same and Ditto therefore should always speed tie in those circumstances.

Since this is Trick Room, it would win with a lower IV, but it seems that people are missing the fact that Imposter doesn't actually copy stats, it copies base stats and EVs for Attack, Defense, Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed as well as any positive or negative boosts

I just thought of strategy with Ditto, but it's a little gimmicky.

Whimsicott, Thunderus, and Tornadus learn Swagger and have Prankster. Illumise and Sableye learn both Swagger and Flatter with Prankster. Send these Pokemon in on a threatening presence (preferably a boosting sweeper, but any stong 'mon will do) and proceed to swagger/flatter them. If the enemy gets confuse haxed, good for you (keep boosting their stats or set up yourself). If the enemy kills your Prankster, you can send in scarf Ditto to become a faster, ultra-boosted sweeper. Team preview tells you which of the opponent's Pokemon are most promising to be turned against them, and they will likely not prepare for it.

Could it work, or is it too situational? The strategy only takes one or two moveslots on your Prankster, so it doesn't completely make it dead weight otherwise.

I guess there must a glitch in pokemon or online or I am just lucky because the 2 times when I transformed while my opponent had hidden power it was hp ice just like how I had set it. Now that I think about it more I can remember something else related to hidden power on ditto. I was up against a serperior and transformed into him and he used hidden power (super effective). Meanwhile the hidden power type I had was dark. This was the experience that gave me the idea to use hidden power ice on ditto in the first place.

I have been seeing a increasing number of dittos not using choice scarf and I tried not using it on him and he seems to work better without it. There are just too many movesets ditto can't use effectively when he has choice scarf and choice scarf also gives him alot of switch in counters. What do you guys think about using custap berry instead?

How come no one runs some decent moves on Ditto? If you transform into salamence or someting you could hit it with an ice beam why don't everyone do that then

How come no one runs some decent moves on Ditto? If you transform into salamence or someting you could hit it with an ice beam why don't everyone do that then
Ditto can only learn one move, which is Transform. When you transform into something you copy their moveset.

Could it work, or is it too situational? The strategy only takes one or two moveslots on your Prankster, so it doesn't completely make it dead weight otherwise.
Well incredibly, you've found a viable use of Flatter. It's an interesting idea, definitely, and unlike something like Psych Up it only takes a switch in to reap the benefits.

Well incredibly, you've found a viable use of Flatter. It's an interesting idea, definitely, and unlike something like Psych Up it only takes a switch in to reap the benefits.
I think it's a great idea, and I think it would work very well as long as you use a Choice Scarf on Ditto and you aren't using Swagger/Flatter against a Choice Scarf user to begin with

I just thought of strategy with Ditto, but it's a little gimmicky.

Whimsicott, Thunderus, and Tornadus learn Swagger and have Prankster. Illumise and Sableye learn both Swagger and Flatter with Prankster. Send these Pokemon in on a threatening presence (preferably a boosting sweeper, but any stong 'mon will do) and proceed to swagger/flatter them. If the enemy gets confuse haxed, good for you (keep boosting their stats or set up yourself). If the enemy kills your Prankster, you can send in scarf Ditto to become a faster, ultra-boosted sweeper. Team preview tells you which of the opponent's Pokemon are most promising to be turned against them, and they will likely not prepare for it.

I just made a team around this idea (which I credit to you) and it is surprisingly effective...very trollish.

I use a SubSeed Whimsicott with Swagger and Cotton Guard, a physical Tornadus (Hammer Arm, U-Turn, Acro, Swagger), special Thundurus (Volt Switch, Taunt, HP Ice, Swagger), phys def Sableye (Recover, Will o Wisp, Swagger, Night Shade), Ditto, and an Illumise that I'm trying to replace.

sax king said:
Wow actually Swagger Ditto is suprisingly effective. Can Ditto copy status though?
Transform only copies stats, so you won't take their status. I've been trying the strategy out, and it's funny letting stuff like enemy Haxorus dragon dance and then boost their attack two stages afterward. You seem like such a fool, but then you OHKO and outspeed everything. Outrage confusion is annoying, but at least there are no PP woes!

gbagcn said:
have been seeing a increasing number of dittos not using choice scarf and I tried not using it on him and he seems to work better without it. There are just too many movesets ditto can't use effectively when he has choice scarf and choice scarf also gives him alot of switch in counters. What do you guys think about using custap berry instead?
I suppose custap berry could work, but you'd have to weaken yourself beforehand and then be vulnerable to priority (if you're trying to steal a sweep). It's high risk, high reward, I guess. Getting yourself to less than 25% Hp without dying on a Pokemon like Ditto seems difficult, otherwise you risk the speed tie. But then again, a 50% chance to reverse any momentum with one Pokemon is always useful.

I've been using a team with the three best trappers (Chandy, Wobb and Mag) complemeted by Ditto and it has been working great. My trappers can trap and kill tons of threats, and if they can't do it, then Ditto can revenge any offensive or set up poke. I also use the other two most broken DW pokes (you should know)

Ditto can be used as a revenge killer, but relying on a speed tie makes it very risky, especially with dragon type pokemon, because dragon type moves are super-effective against each other.
So it would be good to give it a scarf so it can revenge kill, but I think that even then Chandelure will be a better revenge killer.
And Ditto doesn't copy the item for people who don't know. If you want to you can just give it an item yourself.

Ditto can be used as a revenge killer, but relying on a speed tie makes it very risky, especially with dragon type pokemon, because dragon type moves are super-effective against each other.
So it would be good to give it a scarf so it can revenge kill, but I think that even then Chandelure will be a better revenge killer.
And Ditto doesn't copy the item for people who don't know. If you want to you can just give it an item yourself.
Ditto is much better if your opponent has set up

man...it was pretty hilarious to use SD+Haban Garchomp against ditto (oh well)
ditto is...just a win factor against setup'ers

Ditto is only as good as the pokemon it copies. So if its in a very low tier populated by gimmicky pokes, it will only be able to transform into these subpar, non-sweeping mons.

Ditto is only as good as the pokemon it copies. So if its in a very low tier populated by gimmicky pokes, it will only be able to transform into these subpar, non-sweeping mons.
Yet what is keeping you from using Ditto residing in NU in OU exactly so you can copy those Tyranitars, Salamences, Dragonites, Gengars etc etc etc

Just wondering, but can there be a certain Smogon clause or something to allow Ditto in all tiers?

Ditto is only as good as the tier it's in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)