Smogon University PO Statistics — June 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why the hell is Blaziken so popular though? Let's face it, with proper play Rain almost always wins over Sun in battles (at least in my experiences). Also, the fact that half the tier resists your STABs, which is all you carry, makes it even less threatening. Sure, its good in OU, but has no real place in Ubers...

Half the tier resisting Blazikens STABs? Lets put that claim to the test.

#1 is Kyogre... Hi. Jump kick.
#2 is Mewtwo, doesn't like powerful physical attacks.
#3 is Groudon... may not resist but does have a huge defensive presence.
#4 is Ferrothorn... LOL
#5 is Dialga, High Jump Kick
#6 is Palkia, High Jump Kick
#7 is Darkrai, High Jump Kick
#8 is Arceus, High Jump Kick
#9 is Zekrom, High Jump Kick
#10 is Giratina-O, Finally a resistant
#11 is Rayquaza, OK, another one. But he won't like a Stone Edge.
#12 is Garchomp, High Jump Kick
#13 is 0Offensive pressence... LOL
#14 is Lugia, Fire baby. But he'll take a hit.
#15 is Reshiram, High Jump Kick
#16 is Giratina, See Giratina-O
#17 is Blaziken, High Jump Kick
#18 is Ho-Oh, Another issue to be solved by Stone Edge
#19 is Ghost Arceus, Fire
#20 is Tyranitar... High Jump LOL

3 pokes resist his dual STAB, and there are a few that can wall him without resisting. Not too shabby.

I meant one, not both. So that's only Groudon, Ferro, Dialga, Arceus (who almost OHKO's with LO ExtremeSpeed at +0), and Lugia. And if you're playing against a Blaziken and have an ounce of predicting skills, you're gonna get a resist/immunity in. For example:

Player withdrew Kyogre!
Player sent out Giratina-either!
Opponent used HJK and dealt 50% damage to itself!

OR

Opponnent used +2 Adamant LO Flare Blitz!
Giratina-A takes 40-48%, then just Rests!
Giratina-O takes a lot (and Blaziken gets a solid chunk of recoil), but can still live and fire off a Shadow Sneak.

I meant one, not both. So that's only Groudon, Ferro, Dialga, Arceus (who almost OHKO's with LO ExtremeSpeed at +0), and Lugia. And if you're playing against a Blaziken and have an ounce of predicting skills, you're gonna get a resist/immunity in. For example:

Player withdrew Kyogre!
Opponent used HJK and dealt 50% damage to itself!
Herp Derp Prediction Durrr, and then Blaziken predicted that and used lolShadow Claw. Two can play THAT game.

Its called Team Preview. BOTH sides can see that.

And hey, half the tier resists/is immune to Groudon's STAB, does that make him bad? >.>

So wrapping up all the big changes...

Politoed +10, Thundurus +8, Toxicroak +11
This one is pretty obvious. With Garchomp gone and rain in general becoming a more viable alternative to sand, rain skyrocketed in usage. Although Thundurus is not only used in rain teams, that is probably the main reason for its usage.

Espeon +17
Just wow. I am very impressed with this cute little kitty. While it really should have been this high before, I guess egg moves really tipped this guy over the edge.

Landorus +17
I think the main reason for this is that it is a perfect replacement for Garchomp on sand teams. Speed just over 100, Ground STAB, good bulk, Swords Dance, and everything that made us love the land shark so much.

Celebi +17
I don't know exactly why Celebi went up so much, but I guess people are just finally realizing how good it can be. There is really no specific reason behind this.

Mamoswine +18
Again, I have no idea why this happened. Perhaps ScarfChomp took his spot as a "Dragon Killer" and physical ground type.

In general, I'd say Garchomp leaving left a huge dent in OU. Also, few old OU's are coming back. As for changes I didn't expect, Machamp and Metagross both went down considerably. While Latias went up a lot, I doubt that will shake up OU very much if at all.

I'd never have thought that I would see the day where Quagsire is OU and Swampert is UU. But it looks like its happening, and for good reason too. There is no better check to set-up sweepers.

Now, for once in this thread, a post I won't get flamed for (hopefully):
In LC, Bellsprout went down 178 spots. Damn Drought ban hurts.
Possibly the biggest jump in usage ever?

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think the rise in Celebi may be due to its ability to wall Rotom-W, Politoed, and bulky waters without worrying about getting burned or toxiced.

It contains data for every Pokemon and I’ve updated it to reflect 5th gen Pokemon. Though, I made a few slight errors with the base stats of certain Pokemon, but they weren’t big enough to affect the mean and standard deviation so it won’t affect the ratings of the other Pokemon (much), as for themselves….

Here’s a list of all the Pokemon affected (as far as I know):

Honchkrow
Chingling
Chatot

So basically, Honchkrow is my most hated Pokemon right now >:(

Download link and key:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3a5oi699qbj7kis

http://www.mediafire.com/?09b68008a6u73bk

...You don’t want to mess with this, it contains the data needed to tabulate the ratings, I just included it for the sake of completeness, but in case you do... R-values represent the raw set of data, Z-values represent the standardized set of data.

Mamoswine +18
Again, I have no idea why this happened. Perhaps ScarfChomp took his spot as a "Dragon Killer" and physical ground type.
YEAH MAMOSWINE!

Ice + Ground is already great STAB and without a freaking Sand Veil Shark around he can do more damage!

YEAH MAMOSWINE!

YEAH MAMOSWINE!

Ice + Ground is already great STAB and without a freaking Sand Veil Shark around he can do more damage!

YEAH MAMOSWINE!
Actually, I'd say the opposite.

Remember that the stats are half Garchomp-Era, and half without Chomp [Thus the metagame is not settled yet].

Why would Mamoswine be used more in the current meta, when there are even more Water types around?

It wouldn't.

That +17 in useage is to REVENGE KILL GARCHOMP. Give it July, and he'll probobly be -10 or something, maybe not quite back to where he was, but he won't be keeping his position.

... Not to mention Mamoswine is slow and also weak to VERY common types [Water, Fighting, Grass, Fire, and Steel [Ferro and Scizor] are all everywhere]

There's also better Offensive Grounds, such as Landlos, and there's better users of Ice attacks, such as Starmie [Although it dosen't get STAB, it makes up for that with coverage and slightly better BP + Accuracy than Mamo's Icicle Crash]

Not to mention Scizor, Conkeldurr and Azumarill are better priority users.

Speaking of:

63: Kingdra: 2.5410
64: Donphan: 2.4397
65: Azumarill : 2.4060

That's just wrong. Let's do a little Azu v the Top 10, with the following set:

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
252 Atk / 248 HP / 4 Def / 4 Sp.Def

Waterfall
Aqua Jet
Superpower
Ice Punch

Other possible moves for the 4th slot: Toxic, Return

Vs Ferrothorn: Superpower OHKO's all but the most physically defensive Ferros [Who are then vunerable to Special attacks], Ferro cannot switch in to attempt to wall the Water-type attacks for fear of this on his obvious switch.

Tyranitar: Both Waterfall and Superpower OHKO

Scizor: Azumarill resists Bullet Punch, so would win a Choice-Locked Priority War. Can't beat Scizor itself, due to faster U-Turns.

Politoad: Dislikes Superpower. Some Azumarills also carry Toxic over Ice Punch. Rain boosts Azumarill's Water STABS to levels of power that Skarmory cannot wall Waterfalls.

Gliscor: Waterfall and Ice Punch. Poision Heal Gliscor cannot wall Aqua Jet indefinitly.

Latios: Ice Punch and the possible Toxic are both disliked. Return gets special mention here too.

Rotom-W: HATES Toxic. Cannot take Superpower lightly.

Excadrill: Aqua Jet OHKO

Thunderus: Aqua Jet does a number on it, especially in the rain. Which is better than Scizor and Conkeldurr can say.

Dragonite: Ice Punch and Toxic are again, both loathed by the Dragon.

So... Azumarill can OHKO 4 of the Top 10 [Notably, Sand Mainstays], cripple Rotom-W, Thunderus and Politoad, and cause Dragonite and Latios some worry as they switch in.

All with the same set.

USE AZUMARILL MORE.

I don't think so.

Also the main problem with Azu is that when it's not using Aqua Jet, it's ridiculously slow(it's slower than even BU Scrafty). Azumarill is an excellent counter to sand teams that rely on Excadrill to sweep though, since it has decent bulk and the power to OHKO with Aqua Jet.

Raikaria, The only Water types who gained positions last month are Politoed at +10, Gyarados at +1, Tentacruel at +4, Quagsire at +8, and Kingdra at +7. Mamoswine 2HKO's each of these with the appropriate move. Other common Water types like Starmie and Jellicent also can't switch in on EQ. Rotom-W is 2HKO'ed by Stone Edge so it can only switch in once, except for very physically defensive spreads that are 3HKO'ed, but they're outsped so they can still only switch in once. Really the only Water type that's a full stop to Mamoswine is Slowbro, and while Slowbro is admittedly a very useful 'mon, it's still sitting down a #59.

And how exactly is Starmie a better user of Ice Attacks? If Mamoswine didn't have STAB on Icicle Crash it would STILL hit harder than Starmie's Ice Beam on targets with equal defenses. Also, both Starmie and Mamoswine have incredible coverage with boltbeam + Water and Ice/Ground, so I'm not really seeing how Starmie uses ice attacks better than Mamo.

@Below: Ice Shard. Only common thing that's faster than Mamo but slower than Starmie that takes Ice Shard better is Haxorus because of his superior defense and low sp. defense.

And how exactly is Starmie a better user of Ice Attacks? If Mamoswine didn't have STAB on Icicle Crash it would STILL hit harder than Starmie's Ice Beam on targets with equal defenses. Also, both Starmie and Mamoswine have incredible coverage with boltbeam + Water and Ice/Ground, so I'm not really seeing how Starmie uses ice attacks better than Mamo.
I would assume the fact that Starmie has 35 higher base speed has a lot to do with it.

OK, lets talk about UU, and how the newcomers are going to effect the metagame.

First thing I noticed is Brave Bird with Hurricane spam, that shit is going to be unwallable, the best part is they both can scout out for eachother. I'm thinking the future teams are going to be like Staraptor, Tornadus, Whimsicott, Xatu(?), Mixed Shell Smash Huntail, and some support Pokemon and that by it self will rip the remains of UU to shreds.

EDIT: 400th post woooo

OK, lets talk about UU, and how the newcomers are going to effect the metagame.

First thing I noticed is Brave Bird with Hurricane spam, that shit is going to be unwallable, the best part is they both can scout out for eachother. I'm thinking the future teams are going to be like Staraptor, Tornadus, Whimsicott, Xatu(?), Mixed Shell Smash Huntail, and some support Pokemon and that by it self will rip the remains of UU to shreds.

EDIT: 400th post woooo
Staraptor is getting banned this round anyways.

If anything, the new threat will be Damp Rock rain teams, now that there will be a Prankster that can start and abuse it (Unless Tornadus usage skyrockets in July)

Base Stat Ratings Version XX - sorry, there won’t be an XXX Version :x

http://www.mediafire.com/?ge4z12myd4a42jl

This is the final update, everything is 100% accurate so nothing more to add.

I have a few words for Rising_Dusk though:

In your database, you included alternate forms for Castform, Darmanitan and Meloetta, although many of these forms are unavailable outside of battle. They rely on abilities and moves to transform and don’t exist outside of battle, so shouldn’t be thought of as a separate Pokemon. For example, we don’t have an Archeops handicapped form for when its HP falls below 50%, so I don't think it'd be right to have one for Darmanitan. I did include red and blue Basculin though, because they have unique abilities and can be caught separately. This is important because it affects the Speed Factor in the formula... That’s all I wanted to say.

hamiltonion

Nostalgic
is a Contributor to Smogonis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Differentials for the BW Ubers usage stat for the first 50 Pokemon. I'll do up the rest if I get the time. Seriously the rest are of no interest to anyone anyway.

Code:
JUNE 2011 BW Uber USAGE
 Total Battles: 11815
 + ---- + --------------- + ---- + ------- + ------------ +
 | Rank | Pokemon         | Usge | Percent |  Differentials |
 + ---- + --------------- + ---- + ------- + ------------ +
 | 1    | Kyogre          | 8483 | 35.8993 | +0
 | 2    | Mewtwo          | 7612 | 32.2133 | +0
 | 3    | Groudon         | 6310 | 26.7033 | +0
 | 4    | Ferrothorn      | 5840 | 24.7143 | +6
 | 5    | Dialga          | 5019 | 21.2399 | +2
 | 6    | Palkia          | 4923 | 20.8337 | -1
 | 7    | Darkrai         | 4779 | 20.2243 | -3
 | 8    | Arceus          | 4549 | 19.2510 | -2
 | 9    | Zekrom          | 4319 | 18.2776 | -1
 | 10   | Giratina-O      | 3658 | 15.4803 | +2
 | 11   | Rayquaza        | 3641 | 15.4084 | -2
 | 12   | Garchomp        | 3389 | 14.3419 | +13
 | 13   | Forretress      | 3223 | 13.6394 | +0
 | 14   | Lugia           | 3118 | 13.1951 | +0
 | 15   | Reshiram        | 3061 | 12.9539 | -4
 | 16   | Giratina        | 2412 | 10.2074 | -1
 | 17   | Blaziken        | 2389 | 10.1100 | +0
 | 18   | Ho-Oh           | 2313 |  9.7884 | +2
 | 19   | Arceus-Ghost    | 1877 |  7.9433 | -1
 | 20   | Tyranitar       | 1792 |  7.5836 | -1
 | 21   | Deoxys-A        | 1597 |  6.7584 | -5
 | 22   | Scizor          | 1433 |  6.0643 | +5
 | 23   | Shaymin-S       | 1422 |  6.0178 | -1
 | 24   | Blissey         | 1259 |  5.3280 | -1
 | 25   | Jirachi         | 1227 |  5.1926 | +19
 | 26   | Chansey         | 1209 |  5.1164 | -2
 | 27   | Skarmory        | 1101 |  4.6593 | +1
 | 28   | Deoxys-S        | 1051 |  4.4477 | -7
 | 29   | Heatran         |  991 |  4.1938 | +16
 | 30   | Arceus-Steel    |  844 |  3.5717 | -4
 | 31   | Missingno       |  822 |  3.4786 |     
 | 32   | Excadrill       |  794 |  3.3601 | +21
 | 33   | Manaphy         |  781 |  3.3051 | -5
 | 34   | Dragonite       |  779 |  3.2967 | -4
 | 35   | Gengar          |  774 |  3.2755 | +4
 | 36   | Kingdra         |  770 |  3.2586 | -2
 | 37   | Charizard       |  756 |  3.1993 | -6
 | 38   | Espeon          |  752 |  3.1824 | +28 
 | 39   | Tentacruel      |  727 |  3.0766 | +25
 | 40   | Wobbuffet       |  711 |  3.0089 | +11
 | 41   | Metagross       |  702 |  2.9708 | -3
 | 42   | Hydreigon       |  695 |  2.9412 | +1
 | 43   | Terrakion       |  693 |  2.9327 | +6
 | 44   | Latios          |  680 |  2.8777 | -12
 | 45   | Gliscor         |  622 |  2.6322 | +15
 | 46   | Lucario         |  617 |  2.6111 | +2
 | 47   | Arceus-Grass    |  582 |  2.4630 | +29
 | 48   | Infernape       |  577 |  2.4418 | -7
 | 49   | Thundurus       |  573 |  2.4249 | +9
 | 50   | Cloyster        |  572 |  2.4207 | +7
Some notable changes:

-Espeon increased by a massive 28 while Tentacruel rose by 25.
-Garchomp, Heatran, Excadrill and Jirachi made massive leaps !
-Arceus Grass rose 29 places, signifies the dominance of Kyogre and Ferrothorn combo.
-Charizard managed to outrank Wobbuffet, Espeon, Latias, several Arceus formes, Terrakion and a whole lot of other mons. :(

I think Charizard is officially the mascot of the Noob Alliance.

Really. How is that thing even better than Terrakion, Lati@s, Wobbuffet and so on. It makes no sense. (Latias is not even in the top 50, I blame unreleased Soul Dew)

Everyone just puts a Scarf on Charizard and spam Fire Blast on Sun. Boosted by Solar Power and all.

Until Kyogre comes in. Or anything that resists fire. On a tier with lots of dragon pokes. And Kyogre. And many Rain abusers.
Did i said Kyogre?

Everyone just puts a Scarf on Charizard and spam Fire Blast on Sun. Boosted by Solar Power and all.

Until Kyogre comes in. Or anything that resists fire. On a tier with lots of dragon pokes. And Kyogre. And many Rain abusers.
Did i said Kyogre?
>Ignoring that most of the noobs running Charizard use some weird ass Overheat/Blast Burn/Fire Blast/Flamethrower set

it's so funny even my Scizor could set-up on these guys

Did I also forget to mention this guy here?

| 31 | Missingno | 822 | 3.4786 |

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)