First Warstory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hate to tell you, but I posted a warstory just a day or two before this one where my Ferro survived a Dragonite's Fire Punch to win on the final turn >__> I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the same ending, but when I saw it I was just like -____-

Possibly the worst Warstory I've ever read. 3/10. What's the point of putting down your opponent's pokemon at the end with all of them at 0% health? We know he lost; we read the warstory.

But hey, it's your first warstory and you took the time to add pictures. You'll get better at them.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Possibly the worst Warstory I've ever read. 3/10. What's the point of putting down your opponent's pokemon at the end with all of them at 0% health? We know he lost; we read the warstory.

But hey, it's your first warstory and you took the time to add pictures. You'll get better at them.
OK, I know I've already commented on this, but this is ridiculously harsh. This is by far not the worst warstory on Smogon (think shitty unformated logs). If it's the worst one you've read, then you haven't read that many warstories. Seriously, it's comments like this that drive away potential writers, and it's completely uncalled for.
Ironically, this is possibly the worst comment on a warstory I've ever read but I give you a 2/10.

Right away from the team preview I knew almost certainly that the opponent would send out aerodactyl, being a common stealth rock lead. I decided to send out one of my own setup pokemon, Empoleon, which I knew couldn't be hurt by anything the common Aerodactyl carries, as well as being able to KO it with my STAB Scald.

I stopped reading. cough Taunt/Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/Earthquake cough cough.

verbatim

[PLACEHOLDER]
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Thanks for the advice guys! I'll try to improve. What were my slip ups in battle?
I'll be fair, the slip ups were a result of your opponent mainly (except giving dragonite the choice scarf). You've fallen into an interesting pattern, your good at writing these but you can't find a good battle. I recomend you read this then go make us a masterpiece.

Battle: 6/10
Format: 10/10
Overall: 7.3/10

Also,
but you need to do less of telling people what just happened, and instead tell us what your plans for the turns coming ahead are.
You did not do this that much but being the number two thing that kills a warstory for me and presuably many others (number one are logs...or this).

Though really, you have talent, make sure to read the article and keep up the good work.

I stopped reading. cough Taunt/Stealth Rock/Stone Edge/Earthquake cough cough.
:P no I quite expect aerodactyl carrying taunt, and if you would have read you would have seen that I proceeded to use scald leaving it at 1% first turn when it used taunt as expected.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
This was an incredibly poor battle, and the commentary was not particularly enlightening either. Just because a battle is close does not make it good warstory material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)