Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, so if it has a 30 hp iv, I should give it the 4 hp evs, and if it has 31, it doesn't matter unless I give anymore than 8?
Yes. Like XienZo said, for stealth rock avoid hp divisible by four. With a 30 hp iv, that means giving it at least four ev's, but never a multiple of sixteen (that would defeat the purpose of avoiding hp totals that are multiples of four). With a 31 hp iv, that means you can give it hp ev's if you want, but you don't have to to avoid stealth rock killing in four turns. Just make sure you avoid giving yourself four evs less than any multiple of sixteen (that, once again, would defeat the purpose of avoiding hp totals that are multiples of four).

How much damage does a Modest +6 STAB Ice Gem-boosted Freeze Flare (The Special Attack signature move) from Kyurem deal to a 252HP/252SpDef Thick Fat Walrein? I'm not sure how to calculate these things without downloading something, and the NU discussion thread made me curious about this calculation. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the strongest Ice-type attack possible, right? If it makes it stronger, then Choice Specs can be used instead of Ice Gem, but I'm not quite sure if boosting the BP of a move always makes up for a same boost in the attacking stat.

What are good ways to deal with Volcarona? I get reallly pissed when one comes in on a pokemon I know can't do much to it, so either I hit and do not OHKO or switch, and it gets a Quiver Dance no matter what. And f*ck that thing when it gets 2 quiver dances, it ko's everything. How can I stop it, (besides Azumarill Aqua Jet, I know of that)

edit: and what the hell can OHKO it? My 376 attack muscle banded metagross's earthquake doesnt KO.
1. No noe uses musle band maetagross anymore, choic band/scarf all the way. Choice banded max attack not boosting natured bulltet punch with SR KO's volcarona.

2. Volcarona is way overrated. If it is unboosted any good offesive pokemon can KO it easily if used right.

Hello,

I would really like to have a Drizzle Politoed and a Drought Ninetails. I don't know how to get on DreamWorld however, as I need to register but my registration doesn't get accepted.
Could anybody explain to me how to do this?

Kind regards

Hello,

I would really like to have a Drizzle Politoed and a Drought Ninetails. I don't know how to get on DreamWorld however, as I need to register but my registration doesn't get accepted.

Kind regards
What exactly are the circumstances of your registration not being accepted? Any error message?

I'm going to sell my DSi and some games in order to buy a 3DS.

Here's the problem: I use my DSi for Wi-fi with my Black Version,
and I remember the game telling me something like "You can only use
THIS DS for Wi-fi if you save the settings now!!1".

So if I buy the 3DS, does that mean I cannot connect to Wi-fi with it
unless I restart my game? Or do I just get a new FC and the game resets
my Random Matchup Data and clears out my Pal Pad?

HELP PLZ

I'm going to sell my DSi and some games in order to buy a 3DS.

Here's the problem: I use my DSi for Wi-fi with my Black Version,
and I remember the game telling me something like "You can only use
THIS DS for Wi-fi if you save the settings now!!1".

So if I buy the 3DS, does that mean I cannot connect to Wi-fi with it
unless I restart my game? Or do I just get a new FC and the game resets
my Random Matchup Data and clears out my Pal Pad?

HELP PLZ
The second one, your FC, Pal Pad and random matchup data will be resetted.

Hello,

Kind regards

What exactly are the circumstances of your registration not being accepted? Any error message?
Nothing.
I fill in the data required (Birthday, location, screen name, first name, email); click Submit/Proceed (forgot which one it was), and the screen just puts me back to top, without anything happening.

Weird :s

Is there maybe some place in here where I can beg for one of these 2 xD?

Nothing.
I fill in the data required (Birthday, location, screen name, first name, email); click Submit/Proceed (forgot which one it was), and the screen just puts me back to top, without anything happening.

Weird :s

Is there maybe some place in here where I can beg for one of these 2 xD?
maybe a browser problem. Did you enable stuff like JavaScript?

Gyro Ball: "This move's Base Power is given by the formula 1 + floor(25 * Target's Speed / User's Speed), where floor means round down. This is capped at 150 Base Power. This formula uses actual Speed, not base Speed."

If a Ferrothorn with 40 Speed uses it, will it have maximum Base Power (150) against an opponent with at least 240 Speed? I'm confused by the formula, just want to know if that's right...

Gyro Ball: "This move's Base Power is given by the formula 1 + floor(25 * Target's Speed / User's Speed), where floor means round down. This is capped at 150 Base Power. This formula uses actual Speed, not base Speed."

If a Ferrothorn with 40 Speed uses it, will it have maximum Base Power (150) against an opponent with at least 240 Speed? I'm confused by the formula, just want to know if that's right...
239 actually.

i am confused about how IVs get passed. do they just add together or is there a formula. is it possible to continually breed a pokemon set so that it gets perfect IVs?

i am confused about how IVs get passed. do they just add together or is there a formula. is it possible to continually breed a pokemon set so that it gets perfect IVs?
1. there is a formula: 3 IVs per parent are passed down to the child, may overlap. Hence if you have a father with 31 Atk/Def/Spe passed down and a mother passing down 31 SpA/SpD and 0 Spe, the 0 Spe may be passed down instead. you can somewhat override this with Power items.

2. yes, although you will need extreme amounts of patience.

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Would a specially defensive restalk Thick Fat Hariyama with Whirlwind and Force Palm be good on uu?
Having resistances to Dark,Fire,Rock,Ice and Bug while being only weak to Flying and Psychic is perfect considering that flying moves will not be very common in uu after Staraptor leaves....

If I run Ice Body-abusing Walrein or Regice, what Ice attack should I use-Ice Beam, Blizzard or Frost Breath?
Since you'd obviously be using Hail to activate Ice Body, Blizzard would be your best option. The 100% accuracy and chance to break through Protect is great. If you don't plan on having hail up 100% of the time (which you should), Ice Beam is your runner up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)