The Dark Knight Rises (spoilers itt)

oh dear god, i cannot wait for this. one of the best parts of seeing HP7 in theaters was seeing the TDKR teaser tbh

Official Teaser here

and here is cool fan poster pic

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

a lot of people are saying TDKR will not be as successful as TDK because no more joker/heath ledger. what are your thoughts on this? i'm not sure if it will top Batman Begins and TDK but honestly, all i require is that the movie be good

Colonel M

I COULD BE BORED!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Except that it won't be released until NEXT YEAR, which is fucking ridiculous that they'd show the ad this early. Though I am excited about Bane being in. I hope he snaps Batman in half like he did in the comics.

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
fuckin bs teaser was 85% recycled footage

still lookin forward to the film though, chris nolan directing is pretty much an automatic seal of quality

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I don't see it topping the Dark Knight, but it's going to be a great film in my opinion. This is the only movie I'll be going on opening night in my life.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so stoked, you guys have no idea

that isn't a fan poster btw, it's on the official dark knight rises homepage

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
if they are plugging it this far in advance, it can mean one of two things:

1) It's going to be truly epic because they're spending so much time on it
2) They need to spend a long time building up hype because it's not really going to be as good as the first two

From my experience, the longer a movie is hyped the worse it ends up being, but I hope that is not the case with this movie. Fortunately they didn't NEED the Joker for this film because it was going to focus on a different villain anyway. We shall see how it turns out, I just hope it's not all graphics and no substance.

az

toddmoding
is a Community Contributoris an Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
the script at the very least will be solid

a long time passed before the nolan brothers had something that they were prepared to make into the final instalment

IIRC the first TDK teaser was almost purely audio. the only difference with TDKR is that they used a few old clips. i'm guessing they wanted to at least have clips to show since the teaser was being premiered to such a huge audience (hp7 midnight premiere)

Lee

@ Thick Club
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
if it loosely follows the script of knightfall and blends it with the style and direction of TDK then it should be brilliant. i'm sure they could make some really powerful scenes showing batman fighting his way back from virtual paralysis and returning to challenge Bane. i'd like to see that moreso than any other possible scenario i think.

honestly i don't see why they'd choose Bane as the villain unless they wanted to go down the Knightfall route but eh, y'never know with movies. too many cooks in the kitchen sometimes.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
but remember this is Hollywood, what the fans WANT to happen and what ACTUALLY happens are two different things. We perceive the franchise's direction in a different light than the directors/producers/actors/writers so it will inevitably be different than our expectations. Whether it exceeds or shortfalls them, however, remains to be seen.

Im excited for the movie honestly. Anne Hathaway yay!

Im a bit skeptical about Tom Hardy playing Bane though as he is incredibly short. I hope someone injected him with Bullshark Steroids or something because Id be incredibly disappointed to see some CGI Bane.

Apparently people have already forgotten The Dark Knight teaser trailer which was out in Summer 2007 for the Summer 2008 release.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWw0ov-cAUg

Neither the timing nor the (lack of) content is surprising...

hype hype hypeeeeee want this bad
yeah, the first TDK teaser had no clips at all. i think nolan has already proved that he can make a sequel work, so all we can really do at this point is trust that he'll make it awesome.

i'm wondering if TDKR might break the record that HP7 just set for biggest opening weekend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)