Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer - Read FAQ in First Post Before Asking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do horseas still hold Dragon Scales?

The one on Route 18 is gone and I'm starting to think I accidentally sold it or something. The guy who gives you one item a day... well obviously it's inefficient to just wait and hope for that 5% chance.

I really want to evolve two Seadras right now... sigh...

T_T
Is there some other way to get a Dragon Scale?
According to Serebii, Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite still all have a 5% chance of holding a dragon scale. I trust that, since it doesn't seem like something they would remove. The chances are just very small (1 in 20 battled).

According to Serebii, Horsea, Seadra, Kingdra, Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite still all have a 5% chance of holding a dragon scale. I trust that, since it doesn't seem like something they would remove. The chances are just very small (1 in 20 battled).
Bulbapedia has no mention of this though.

And serebii is unreliable.

So I was wondering, has anybody actually gotten one from a Horsea before? I've caught about 15 and no luck yet.

If you can't get them from Horsea, that's just awful though.

Bulbapedia has no mention of this though.

And serebii is unreliable.

So I was wondering, has anybody actually gotten one from a Horsea before? I've caught about 15 and no luck yet.

If you can't get them from Horsea, that's just awful though.
Better get someone with Frisk and Thief (Banette).

not on wild pokemon. it still takes the item. it's how i get heart scales, i go fishing with a compoundeyes fainted in front and a frisk pokemon with thief.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Please try to be more specific. What tier are you playing in? What role do you want Rotom to fill in your team? In OU, HP fighting could be useful on Rotom-H and F to give coverage against TTar.

Just got a Dragon Scale from Horsea. They do indeed carry it. One of those rare instances where Bulbapedia is wrong and Serebii is correct.

Please try to be more specific. What tier are you playing in? What role do you want Rotom to fill in your team? In OU, HP fighting could be useful on Rotom-H and F to give coverage against TTar.
It is indeed supposed to be in OU.
What role, is the question I'm asking.
What role does it fit best?
Timid + HP Fighting.
I want to know which form, and thus which role in the team, it fits best.

haunter

Banned deucer.
You could use a Rotom-H as a lure for TTar and get an unexpected 2hko with HP fighting. In D\P sub-charge Rotom was a quite solid set with charge beam and hp fighting. Dunno how viable it is in the current meta though.

Another option would be to use Rotom-F on a hail team with blizzard\thunderbolt\hp fighting\filler as fight\electric\ice hits every type for at least neutral damage. Again it could be a good lure for TTar.

HP fighting also hits Ferrothorn for SE damage but given that Ferro usually runs sassy and max SpD you won't even 2hko so it may not be a great idea.

THAT......WAS........USEFUL.........
=.=

Go to the power button thingy at the top right(or was it left? one of the corners) and then go and press it, click the left one, then click the left option for the following 2 screens, and your Shinx should be ready to be sent to Entralink. Wake up your Pokemon, then end of story.

im still confused about how IVs get passed. does it take a random 3 from the mother (HP, Att, Sp.A) and the other 3 from the father (Def, Sp.D, Spd). if not, what happens to the one that comes from no parent (HP, Att, Def, Sp.A, Sp.d from parents, where does Spd come from)

does that mean if both are holding the same power item?
No, that means that if the two parents are holding different power items, such as a male Wailord with a Power Anklet and a female Skitty with a Power Weight would either produce a Skitty with the same Speed IV as the Wailord or a Skitty with the same HP IV as his/her mother, but not both (you can't get a Skitty that has the same Speed IV as the Wailord and the same HP IV as his/her mother, unless you are really lucky). Don't know what happens when both parents are holding the same power item, but I don't see why anyone would want to do that as it's better to give one parent a power item and the other an Everstone.

No, that means that if the two parents are holding different power items, such as a male Wailord with a Power Anklet and a female Skitty with a Power Weight would either produce a Skitty with the same Speed IV as the Wailord or a Skitty with the same HP IV as his/her mother, but not both (you can't get a Skitty that has the same Speed IV as the Wailord and the same HP IV as his/her mother, unless you are really lucky). Don't know what happens when both parents are holding the same power item, but I don't see why anyone would want to do that as it's better to give one parent a power item and the other an Everstone.
If I understand what your saying, I don't think this is right. In my experience, if my wailord held the power anklet his spd iv will always be passed and if skitty holding power weight will aways pass her hp iv meaning their demented offspring will all have the hp iv of the skitty and the spd iv of the wailord.

im still confused about how IVs get passed. does it take a random 3 from the mother (HP, Att, Sp.A) and the other 3 from the father (Def, Sp.D, Spd). if not, what happens to the one that comes from no parent (HP, Att, Def, Sp.A, Sp.d from parents, where does Spd come from)
It's three total from both parents that are inherited (AKA 3 from one/none from the other or 2 from one/1 from the other). The rest are randomly generated.

What would be a good replacement for the Frosslass on my team? She hits 350 speed and has Destiny bond and hail to shut down other weathers and get an easy kill. As well as that she is a ghost for an essential fighting/normal immunity on my team. I'd like to have something that could fill a similar role. Before I put Froslass in I had Gengar in her spot, which was a sub disable sweeper role. Advice?
Any help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)