Team Fortress 2 - Join us at #lol

TIME TO STRUT MY STUFF.

Scout: Scattergun + Pistol + Atomizer (Milkman + Silver Dueling Badge)
Solider: Rocket Launcher + Shotgun + Market Gardener/Equalize (Armored Authority + Silver Dueling Badge)
Pyro: Degreaser + Shotgun + Axestinguisher (Attendant + Whiskered Gentleman)

Demoman: Grenade Launcher + Stickybomb Launcher + Ullapool Caber (Glengarry Bonnet + Demopan's Shades)
Heavy: Minigun "The Gabe Newell" + Sandvich + G.R.U. (TEAM SPIRIT USHANKA HOLY SHIT IT'S AWESOME)
Engineer: Shotgun + Pistol + Gunslinger (None! I have a Hotrod, but I don't like it + Prairie Heel Biters)

Medic: Overdose + Medigun + Solemn Vow/Vita-Saw (Mountain Cap + Procedure Mask)
Sniper: Sniper Rifle + Jarate + Bushwaka (Larriken Robin + Silver Dueling Badge)
Spy: Revolver + Knife + Invisibility Watch (Familiar Fez + Camera Beard)

Don't let this fool you into thinking I play with only there loadouts, these are merely my defaults, favorites, and most reliable set-ups. I love experimenting with different items!

Fuck yeah, Team Spirit Ushanka :3

I got my first non-promo/event hat the other day, Vintage Merryweather. Painted it Team Spirit, but it's not quite bright enough D:

I went back and played TF2 for the 360 and it's still fun but it's nothing compared to what you can do on the PC (even though I prefer gaming with a controller). But it made me wonder, are we waiting for TF3 or are we just going to go with PC updates on TF2 until it eventually dies out and TF disappears altogether?

@Zacchaeus

Warning: The following paragraphs were written on the spot without doing any research. Everything could very well be false.

Right now I think a lot of valve's games (eg: CounterStrike, TF2, L4D) use the same engine perhaps with minor modifications for each game. When they create a new engine I imagine they'll start working on a TF3. Until then, updates it is.

The game has such a huge following (and is just so fun) that I doubt it would disappear unless valve stops working on it.

Meh, I could do without updates if they're in the same direction they've been in recently imo. I'd sooner let the game disappear if something Valve does breaks the game's performance/gameplay; they really need to start focusing more on better optimizing the game for everyone.

My FPS went to shit compared to when I first got the game. It's a common enough problem.
All that means is that Valve is constantly adding to the game new effects and updating the actual graphics. It's also a clear indicator that Valve has no intention of releasing TF3 anytime in the next century, as, judging by all the money and updates and advancements they have put into this game, they clearly intend on leaving it as the epitome of Team Fortress. At this point in time, TF2 is essentially an MMO, and the best you can hope for as a player is that Valve sticks with the game and updates it frequently, which they clearly have.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I think I just made the noob move of the century by sacrificing my mad milk to get the fan of war -_- I couldn't use the MM very well, and I from what I read the Fan of War sounded good, but absolutely no one has fan of war for scout. Is there any consolation for me? At all?

@Zacchaeus

Warning: The following paragraphs were written on the spot without doing any research. Everything could very well be false.

Right now I think a lot of valve's games (eg: CounterStrike, TF2, L4D) use the same engine perhaps with minor modifications for each game. When they create a new engine I imagine they'll start working on a TF3. Until then, updates it is.

The game has such a huge following (and is just so fun) that I doubt it would disappear unless valve stops working on it.
This man is 100% right. All Valve games since HL2:EP1 have been on the Source Engine. The only thing is that Source has, since the release of the Orange Box, been effectively 2 different engines; the first one being the original HL2:EP1 engine, and the other being the update version released with the Orange Box. All of Valves newer games (TF2, L4D, L4D2) as well as CS:S run on the Orange Box variant of the engine, whereas HL2 still runs on the EP1 engine.

Also: TF3 is going to be released alongside Episode 3.

I think I just made the noob move of the century by sacrificing my mad milk to get the fan of war -_- I couldn't use the MM very well, and I from what I read the Fan of War sounded good, but absolutely no one has fan of war for scout. Is there any consolation for me? At all?
You get to cry and be sad now. The Fan o' War is pure terrible. Just craft another Mm if you really need it. I mean, it's not like the Milk is so good either

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
You get to cry and be sad now. The Fan o' War is pure terrible. Just craft another Mm if you really need it. I mean, it's not like the Milk is so good either
Oh I assumed it was because it was on many scout lists in the thread. I have an ok set up now, if milk isn't great, I'll leave it.

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
To elaborate on the optimization post many of the updates to TF2 have been lacking certain quality control factors that would not normally be seen in a Valve game, or many games at all. Such as missing kill icons or level of detail (where the further away you are the less detail weapons have). Maps also need to be optimized for LoD’s too.

It has taken a long time for valve to add some of those fix-ups. Many petitions have been made to get Valve to concentrate on bug and optimization fixes for a good month or two. The game has gotten about 4 gigs bigger than when first released if I remember, so there is some bulk in there.

Another thing added in excess is particles, such as smoke or medigun plus signs, some fans have been asking for a setting to limit them for crappier computers. So far valve has done a few fixes in this regard such as

-Use fan made kill icons and LoD for weapons (can’t remember if fans made the LoD, but they are really good)

-Updated Valve maps, and kept in communication with official fan maps to ensure they got optimized too

-Added a “turn off weather” option, which I even have off because it makes the game that much slower

The day we can turn off particles for hats and weapons will be a great day indeed. Also fan o’ war is alright but requires the scout to survive, and grocket’s are totally Meet the Pyro (finally!)

To elaborate on the optimization post many of the updates to TF2 have been lacking certain quality control factors that would not normally be seen in a Valve game, or many games at all. Such as missing kill icons or level of detail (where the further away you are the less detail weapons have). Maps also need to be optimized for LoD’s too.

It has taken a long time for valve to add some of those fix-ups. Many petitions have been made to get Valve to concentrate on bug and optimization fixes for a good month or two. The game has gotten about 4 gigs bigger than when first released if I remember, so there is some bulk in there.

Another thing added in excess is particles, such as smoke or medigun plus signs, some fans have been asking for a setting to limit them for crappier computers. So far valve has done a few fixes in this regard such as

-Use fan made kill icons and LoD for weapons (can’t remember if fans made the LoD, but they are really good)

-Updated Valve maps, and kept in communication with official fan maps to ensure they got optimized too

-Added a “turn off weather” option, which I even have off because it makes the game that much slower

The day we can turn off particles for hats and weapons will be a great day indeed. Also fan o’ war is alright but requires the scout to survive, and grocket’s are totally Meet the Pyro (finally!)
The Fan o' War is a worse jarate that requires the scout to be within a range of the enemy where he could easily kill him with the scattergun. as for the particle effects, I agree, I wish there was an easy way to remove them entirely.

Guys halp!
My orange box arrived (and I'm pissed off because it arrived totally mutilated!, at least the cds are in perfect conditions), here's the thing, I'm not in the province where I study so I don't have my PC here, but I want to install the games in my brother's pc, so, my question is, if I install the games on his pc, will the serial number become unusable for my own pc (and steam account) if I install it here?, or you can use it on different steam accounts?

Just out of curiosity, what would all of your feelings be towards Valve if they released a new character?

Or even three characters?

log in on your own steam account at your brother his PC but don't save it's data?
Yeah I was researching a bit and I found that you can't use the same serial number on different steam accounts u_u, you can play it on different pcs but only with the Steam off, or if I'm using my own account, fuck, I wanted to give my brother a premium TF2 account :/, he bought me L4D2 yesterday

EDIT: ANYWAY, now that I have a full account I'm adding the shit out of all of you to my friend list :D so accept me please :I

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)