Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I didn't RNG it from the Fan Club but I'd imagine that you save right in front of the exit. From there you verify the fact you hit your seed and immediately leave the house/talk to Steven/etc. then go catch it (do not save at any point obv.). You should know what frame you're on before you leave the house so compare it with what frame gave you the spread you actually got and that would be how many frames advanced automatically, and from there you factor that into how many frames you actually need to advance to get to the right frame.

As for RNGing it from Lance's room you need the other roamers out (I think you can do it w/ only 1 roaming around) and you save in front of the steps there, noting what route each roamer is at when you save. You would use the roamer method by inputting where the roamers were at when you saved, and when you load the game you input where the roamers currently are to verify the seed. Then you advance the frames via radio to the frame before the spread then fight Lance. After that you hunt it down and catch it. If you didn't get what you wanted and you're sure that you hit the right seed then you didn't advance the frames properly, and you would reset the game and faint it again and start all over. If you want to RNG all 3 roamers that way you would have to do one at a time and after you catch one and verify that you got what you wanted you would reset the game and go faint the next one.

Well I didn't RNG it from the Fan Club but I'd imagine that you save right in front of the exit. From there you verify the fact you hit your seed and immediately leave the house/talk to Steven/etc. then go catch it (do not save at any point obv.). You should know what frame you're on before you leave the house so compare it with what frame gave you the spread you actually got and that would be how many frames advanced automatically, and from there you factor that into how many frames you actually need to advance to get to the right frame.

As for RNGing it from Lance's room you need the other roamers out (I think you can do it w/ only 1 roaming around) and you save in front of the steps there, noting what route each roamer is at when you save. You would use the roamer method by inputting where the roamers were at when you saved, and when you load the game you input where the roamers currently are to verify the seed. Then you advance the frames via radio to the frame before the spread then fight Lance. After that you hunt it down and catch it. If you didn't get what you wanted and you're sure that you hit the right seed then you didn't advance the frames properly, and you would reset the game and faint it again and start all over. If you want to RNG all 3 roamers that way you would have to do one at a time and after you catch one and verify that you got what you wanted you would reset the game and go faint the next one.
Ok thanks. I think I understand all of this. So to be clear, I need to do the frame calibration step just to find out the starting frame of my roamer and then to RNG it's IVs and PID, I need to do that Lance's room procedure?
But just when exactly are the IVs and PID of a roamer determined in HGSS? And when doing the frame calibration step for the lati, do the other roamers need to be killed off the map? Thanks

I'd really like some help...please. (Previous Post)

I'm wondering if it actually is the rare candies that are screwing up my SID. Let me explain. When I level up my chained shinies with the rare candies, I don't allow them to evolve. Could this be affecting my SID? Or is metalkid's IV calculator misinterpreting something? But that all sounds unlikely to me. I'm really at a loss, here. Does the chain to SID function not work?

EDIT: To my surprise, I happened to catch a random shiny while chaining tonight. This shiny verified that my "chained" SID was indeed correct. I tried to RNG hatch a shiny again, and once again, everything came out wrong.

Can I not RNG hatch a shiny on Platinum?
Am I catching a pokemon in a bad place?
(IE. I've been catching my lvl 50+ pokemon on Route 224. Because in Platinum, it is hard to find a lvl 50 on that route above the Resort place, unlike in Pearl & Diamond where many pokemon where lvl 50+)

I followed the same process I use when I RNG on Pearl (and it works). But with Platinum, nada. What's going on? I need expert help. ;)

I need some help!

I started to rng today with the c-gear method (i only have a 3ds) and i can't hit the right delay, i'm always getting a 200-300 delay difference to the right one (i need to hit 3800 and i'm hitting around 3500).

there is any advice to help me hit the right delay?

Thanks

Does 70 Hidden Power Fire Bold Cresselia exist?

I've been searching Method 1 spreads for three days now. Every single 31/x/31/30/31/30 spread I find has 68 power. I'm gonna have to try searching for a less ideal IV spread or something, because this is dumb. :\
~Uiru

Does 70 Hidden Power Fire Bold Cresselia exist?

I've been searching Method 1 spreads for three days now. Every single 31/x/31/30/31/30 spread I find has 68 power. I'm gonna have to try searching for a less ideal IV spread or something, because this is dumb. :\
~Uiru
There are more HP Fire 70 spreads.

Hidden Power Fire:
31/E/31/30/31/30
31/O/30/30/31/30
30/E/31/30/31/30
30/O/30/30/31/30

EDIT:

PID: 817EFC76 (Bold, ability 0), IVs: 30/18/31/30/31/30, seed: 220B053B, delay: 1328 (year: 2011), method 1: 57, J (synch): 14, J (no synch): None, HP: Fire 70
PID: E4F44B17 (Bold, ability 1), IVs: 30/31/30/30/31/30, seed: 7F060BD6, delay: 3019 (year: 2011), method 1: 257, J (synch): 48, J (no synch): 80, HP: Fire 70

Take your pick.

Thanks. I had already tried searching for 30 DF; sucks that I have to do 30 HP but whatever, I suppose.

I got nothing for frame 5 to *1000*, delay 700 to *15000*. Sigh.
~Uiru

Are you using RNG Reporter to search for spreads? I recommend you use PokéRNG for wild Pokémon/legendary spreads; it's much faster and comprehensive (it will find every possible spread matching the criteria in less than a second).

Ok thanks. I think I understand all of this. So to be clear, I need to do the frame calibration step just to find out the starting frame of my roamer and then to RNG it's IVs and PID, I need to do that Lance's room procedure?
But just when exactly are the IVs and PID of a roamer determined in HGSS? And when doing the frame calibration step for the lati, do the other roamers need to be killed off the map? Thanks
The house method is inconsistent. The frame jumps around quite a bit. They are determined when he shows you the picture of the roamer.

No, other roamers don't have to be killed.

The house method is inconsistent. The frame jumps around quite a bit. They are determined when he shows you the picture of the roamer.

No, other roamers don't have to be killed.
So I should RNG all roamers from Lance's room or only the Lati? As for killing the roamers, it says on the first page of this thread that it is better to kill the roamers before trying to RNG catch pokemon because unlike in DPPt, where each roamer advanced the frame by 1, in HGSS each roamer advances the frames inconsistently. Is that true?

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
For Lance's room the stats are generated before the battle, as soon as you walk on the stairs or something. There's nothing in his room advancing the frames so it's fairly easy if time consuming.

My latios is at frame 114, and since I have 2 roaming pokemon, I need to advance the frame 111 times before walking up to lance for the battle?

Important question: Do I have to kill latios after releasing it before doing this thing?

My latios is at frame 114, and since I have 2 roaming pokemon, I need to advance the frame 111 times before walking up to lance for the battle?

Important question: Do I have to kill latios after releasing it before doing this thing?
Yeah, you have to KO Latios in order for its PID/IVs to be reset. As for your first question, I'm not sure, because I just captured all the other Roamers so that my Latios would have a starting frame of 1.

Yeah, you have to KO Latios in order for its PID/IVs to be reset. As for your first question, I'm not sure, because I just captured all the other Roamers so that my Latios would have a starting frame of 1.
So you are gonna use Elm calls in Lance's room to determine your seed? I thought the roamers HAD TO BE released when attempting this way of RNGing.

Did you RNG those roamers? And for Entei and Raikou, when are their IVs and PID determined? The time they are released from burned tower? And if they have been knocked out, when the game resets?
I'm asking this because if I want to RNG all roamers (raikou, entei, latios) for the same seed, can I kill them all and proceed to RNGing from Lance's room using Elm's calls to verify the seed or can we can't call Elm from the room?

So you are gonna use Elm calls in Lance's room to determine your seed? I thought the roamers HAD TO BE released when attempting this way of RNGing.

Did you RNG those roamers? And for Entei and Raikou, when are their IVs and PID determined? The time they are released from burned tower? And if they have been knocked out, when the game resets?
I'm asking this because if I want to RNG all roamers (raikou, entei, latios) for the same seed, can I kill them all and proceed to RNGing from Lance's room using Elm's calls to verify the seed or can we can't call Elm from the room?
No, you have to use the radio. The phone won't work in Lances room, so you'll have to use Radio Seed (The download for it is on the first page).

I RNGd Raikou before I released it from the Burned Tower, and Latios after KOing it and saving in Lance's room. It's impossible to RNG all 3 roamers with one seed because they each have different starting frames (Assuming you KOd all 3 of them before going to Lance's room). If you want to RNG all 3 of them, you'll have to do it one at a time. Does that make sense?

Like, Entei starts on frame 1, while Raikou and Latios start on different frames higher than 1 (I'm not sure what those frames are). So in order to RNG Entei, just advance to your target frame and battle Lance. Your other Roamers will not have the same IV spread as Entei, since they will be on a frame higher than your target frame, so you'll have to KO them and RNG them again. I hope this helps.

No, you have to use the radio. The phone won't work in Lances room, so you'll have to use Radio Seed (The download for it is on the first page).

I RNGd Raikou before I released it from the Burned Tower, and Latios after KOing it and saving in Lance's room. It's impossible to RNG all 3 roamers with one seed because they each have different starting frames (Assuming you KOd all 3 of them before going to Lance's room). If you want to RNG all 3 of them, you'll have to do it one at a time. Does that make sense?

Like, Entei starts on frame 1, while Raikou and Latios start on different frames higher than 1 (I'm not sure what those frames are). So in order to RNG Entei, just advance to your target frame and battle Lance. Your other Roamers will not have the same IV spread as Entei, since they will be on a frame higher than your target frame, so you'll have to KO them and RNG them again. I hope this helps.
Yeah I realized that soon after I posted asking about this. Silly me. :p
So we can verify our seed via Roamers location and Radio besides Elm calls? One more thing, if I want to RNG my Lugia in SS, I have to use Elm calls to verify the seed outside the cave, then advance the frame to my target frame? Does walking from the entrance of cave to where Lugia is advance my frame? If so, then by how much? Some and any help on RNGing is appreciated. Thanks

Yeah I realized that soon after I posted asking about this. Silly me. :p
So we can verify our seed via Roamers location and Radio besides Elm calls? One more thing, if I want to RNG my Lugia in SS, I have to use Elm calls to verify the seed outside the cave, then advance the frame to my target frame? Does walking from the entrance of cave to where Lugia is advance my frame? If so, then by how much? Some and any help on RNGing is appreciated. Thanks
I don't know how to verify my seed by the roamers location, because I caught all my roamers and KOd Latios, so I had no roamers, but the radio works.

For Lugia, save one step before entering its Cave and hit your seed. I advanced right up to my target frame and went in the cave and no extra advancements happened, so I'm pretty sure it would be the same for you.

I don't know how to verify my seed by the roamers location, because I caught all my roamers and KOd Latios, so I had no roamers, but the radio works.

For Lugia, save one step before entering its Cave and hit your seed. I advanced right up to my target frame and went in the cave and no extra advancements happened, so I'm pretty sure it would be the same for you.
By Lugia's cave, do you mean the one that is past the guy who checks the item for lugia and where the hula girls (lol) are standing or the top right whirl island?

By Lugia's cave, do you mean the one that is past the guy who checks the item for lugia and where the hula girls (lol) are standing or the top right whirl island?
I mean the one past the guy and where the Kimono (Not hula xD) girls are in. :P

Will someone please help me? (Or at least acknowledge my posts?)

I'm honestly confused. I have obtained my SID from BOTH chained shinies and a random shiny, and both SIDs are the same. But when I try to RNG hatch a shiny, the pokemon is NEVER shiny, and its attributes are incorrect.

I can successfully RNG on both my Pearl and Diamond versions. Why I can't I RNG on my Platinum?

I got a quick question on ID/SID abuse in both Soul Silver and Platinum.

At the end of the second timer do you press A right at the last sentence before you minimize?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)