League of Legends: Let's Talk About uhhh??

All right so I'm pretty set on getting into this now, but I just have one more question before I do. Do people expect you to get on some kind of voice chat in every game? That's obviously something I would expect to do in premade groups, but I'd rather not when in a group with random people. Also, I don't have a working headset and shit atm. So, yeah. It's not really a make or break thing, just wondering how the community is when it comes to this.

Also, thanks for addressing my previous post, Renosaur :)

I just started playing and the games I've been in people don't seem to mind if you aren't on VOIP or other stuff.

Also looks like a good rotation this week. Heroes I actually want to play. Rumble, Poppy and Twisted Fate are characters I realy want to try before I buy!

Okay so I'm kind of sick of getting paired with bad teammates. I mean I'm not stellar or anything but I can hold my ground, not feed and fare well overall, and having a team of 4 mentally challenged people every game is kind of rough >.> So I was wondering if anybody could add me. IGN: SkeeLd. I'll do a quick read-through of the thread and add anyone i come across. Maybe we can play sometime!

Btw, I mainly main (lol) Orianna, but I'm good at Malzahar, Akali, and Amumu, and know how to play Leblanc, Vayne, Galio, Maokai, and some others I probably forgot.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Dam this week is full of people who I'm willing to play with. Anivia, Yi, TF, Morde, Poppy, Rumble. Should be interesting (and tons of fail).

Oh god fuck TF ults/backdoors are going to be EVERYWHERE.

If anyone wants to add me, my username is supermarth64.

All right so I'm pretty set on getting into this now, but I just have one more question before I do. Do people expect you to get on some kind of voice chat in every game? That's obviously something I would expect to do in premade groups, but I'd rather not when in a group with random people. Also, I don't have a working headset and shit atm. So, yeah. It's not really a make or break thing, just wondering how the community is when it comes to this.

Also, thanks for addressing my previous post, Renosaur :)
You NEVER voicechat with random people because they're, well, random. No way to coordinate it. But yes, VCing with a premade is a given - most people use Vent/Skype/Teamspeak/Mumble, as with most PC games.

well i dont know how you are supposed to build annie, but i usually dont go straight for deathcap, but get rod first (after boots and doran ofc) but that item build order doesnt seem bad. annie is quite fragile without item boosts but if you can take advantage of a team comp flaw sounds cool to me. and GA is awesome for trolling with rammus as well. usually never get to get it because of time but its a fun item
What I do is:

Boots+3 pots
Rush Catalyst, buy Doran's Rings if necessary for lane sustain
If you can, rush Rod of Ages - if you're falling behind (i.e. if you're 20 minutes in and you can't afford Rod yet) then keep the Catalyst but build for a Deathcap.

If you do build RoA then obviously build Deathcap after, with Sorc Shoes somewhere in there.

After that you'll want a Banshee's Veil and a Void Staff, later selling Sorc Shoes for Merc Treads.

Kinneas

puffoon
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Catalyst and RoA first is such a boring way to play. You're a nuke. you should be nuking from the start of the match to the end of the match, especially with Annie who has the kit to do it all game long. You're much more of an asset to yourself and your team with the early damage output, Annie doesn't have mana issues because of her Q, and good Annie's are difficult to gank because they have their stun up 80% of the time. You even have your shield to fall back on if you want some durability.

I know it sounds strange me arguing against building some bulk early on when I just recommended Guardian Angel, but I don't think the health or mana from RoA really help Annie out compared to the huge burst you can get from rushing Deathcap.

(in my opinion)

pookar

Banned deucer.
thats probably why my damage output is not up to par when i play with annie. thx for the input guys

i gotta play with morde, anivia, morgana.. uhh lol so many champs this week

is it me or is morgana insanely fun to play. Support and can pseudonuke down players

Anyways, morde is giving me the biggest trouble right now especially in 3v3. I always play Renekton on this map, so I don't know how to counter good morde players efficiently. The only thing I can come up with is ignite to burn the shield and build bloodrazors

HALP ME FORUM

Assuming you have AP runes for Annie, I usually start out with boots + health pots so you can poke and not have to worry about taking aggro or anything. Then, when you b for your first time, get a Needlessly Large Rod or a Catalyst, depending on whether the enemy in mid is harassing you or you can harass them. Next time you b you should get your Deathcap items regardless of whether you took Catalyst or Large Rod.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
how do you even counter singed??!?!11
Singed is one of the few tanks that you can legitimately afford to just "ignore". If you're not being directly led into his miasma stream (by chasing him), it's awkward to place around a team, so it's not likely to hit more than even a single target in a team fight. Not to mention that it's magic damage (and not even that strong), so it can be easily taken care of just by buying a Negatron Cloak. The only REAL threat the Singed poses is his fling, but that is on a rather large cooldown so in a team fight he only gets to use it once, and usually your carries are hidden behind a tank or two who can afford (if not enjoy) getting flinged into the enemies. Singed's real threat comes in that you THINK you can kill him, because you can usually burst him down to like 35-40%, but his health regen keeps him through your follow up sustained damage. There's a lot to be said about the psychological -want- to kill someone who's low health... it can fuck up a team's ability to focus the correct target. It's the Mundo effect. If you just realize that you're NEVER going to kill the singed, he becomes much less threatening.

So in summation: don't chase the Singed.

is it me or is morgana insanely fun to play. Support and can pseudonuke down players
Morgana is great, before I took a break I mained her quite heavily, and if you're laning with someone with high DPS, or a good nuke, you're guaranteed to win the lane phase, her stun and ult are both excellent at trapping people and whittling down their health, and her other abilities are pretty useful too, just don't expect to be the one getting all of the kills, since you usually get KSed quite a lot when you've trapped the opp.

morde's op in 3v3 so obviously you need to counter him with another op character

singed works

so does renekton/tryndamere/rumble

actually rumble's just op everywhere

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Singed is one of the few tanks that you can legitimately afford to just "ignore". If you're not being directly led into his miasma stream (by chasing him), it's awkward to place around a team, so it's not likely to hit more than even a single target in a team fight. Not to mention that it's magic damage (and not even that strong), so it can be easily taken care of just by buying a Negatron Cloak. The only REAL threat the Singed poses is his fling, but that is on a rather large cooldown so in a team fight he only gets to use it once, and usually your carries are hidden behind a tank or two who can afford (if not enjoy) getting flinged into the enemies. Singed's real threat comes in that you THINK you can kill him, because you can usually burst him down to like 35-40%, but his health regen keeps him through your follow up sustained damage. There's a lot to be said about the psychological -want- to kill someone who's low health... it can fuck up a team's ability to focus the correct target. It's the Mundo effect. If you just realize that you're NEVER going to kill the singed, he becomes much less threatening.

So in summation: don't chase the Singed.
You really underestimate the damage of poison trail... play Singed and check his damage dealt at the end of a game.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You really underestimate the damage of poison trail... play Singed and check his damage dealt at the end of a game.
I'm not underestimating the damage of the trail, I'm saying that the trail is awkward to place on a team in a team fight (you have to be basically right on them...), which leads to low damage in a team fight. All of the damage from the poison trail comes from when people idiotically chase Singed.

So like I said: don't chase the Singed.

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
It is not hard at all to get 4/5 opponents poisoned during a team fight. Singed has the mobility to run around a fight and poison all but that one squishy who is reducing his impact to avoid Singed. How many times do I have to repeat this; if you aren't chasing Singed, Singed is chasing you.

Also, Garen is gonna have some competition.

Yeah, I knew that much about Singed already. It's just that in 3v3 he has a really strong threat presence: whether he's initiating, team fighting or being a dick and baiting people to chase him when he has 1 hp left. But yeah, ignoring works as well as keeping a nice distance with good map awareness; being thrown into a 3man team gank is pretty nasty

Just wondering if you guys have ever made a custom game between smogonites? You know, 3v3 can be easily set up (5v5 if more people are interested) and it'll be a fun way to see each other's skills and play with people who apparently, from reading your posts, know how to play a team game. I don't know if custom games with people count towards win/loss/elo though

They don't, don't worry about that.

Loving the premade of three that all had plans at a specific time and tried to get the team to surrender. Too bad I was premade with the other person on our team, there was no way for them to win the vote, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)