5th Gen PRNG Help / Info - Latest: RNG Reporter 9.96.5, PPRNG 1.15.0

I don't know why that happens (happened to me the first time I tried months ago), but I usually enter 3 X IVs on both parents, but on different IV stats. Like the first 3 IVs on parent A, and then the last 3 IVs on parent B.
Thanks, I tried that just now, though I still haven't gotten any results. Do you remember when you first did it months ago about how long it took?

When going for an IV frame of 9, I'd walk around 128 spaces twice, with 4 Pokemon in my party. Correct?
Correct.

Thanks, I tried that just now, though I still haven't gotten any results. Do you remember when you first did it months ago about how long it took?
It didn't take too long, except I kept getting random spreads with the inheritance not being enough to get the desired IVs. (Like 1-2 low IVs)

• If you are using a flashcart (D:), you might be able to standard seed abuse as they do not run in DSi mode.
    • Extend the searching range for all of the parameter sections to find your flashcart's parameters. They will be different depending on the class of SD memory you use and the flashcart and firmware itself.
    • Asking if your card runs in DSi mode does not belong here. The answer is obvious.
ok i got it , but how i do it? it is the same way that with the original game? Im using a R4 but it dont have a clock on it like DS menu , thats why my brother has one(:P) so i can use it. For example: im looking for my DS parameters and i say i ill be loading game at 25 seconds, do i have to press on my R4 game at 25seconds or some seconds before?-im asking it because when u press on the game a black window apper saying: loading, does that can change something?

When trying to find my roamer seed initial frame can i use the method of just saving or looking at chatot once, twice etc or is there another way

It didn't take too long, except I kept getting random spreads with the inheritance not being enough to get the desired IVs. (Like 1-2 low IVs)
You were using a more difficult method though (as I understand it), as back then RNG Reporter didn't have the nifty shiny egg finder. I forgot about that when I was asking you.

EDIT: My mistake.

I need some help!

I started to rng today with the c-gear method (i only have a 3ds) and i can't hit the right delay, i'm always getting a 200-300 delay difference to the right one (i need to hit 3800 and i'm hitting around 3500).

there is any advice to help me hit the right delay?

Thanks
Anyone know?

Two questions:
-How do you RNG in places like Chargestone Cave that won't let you use sweet scent?
-What is the typical starting frame for captures?

Two questions:
-How do you RNG in places like Chargestone Cave that won't let you use sweet scent?
-What is the typical starting frame for captures?
#1: that is wrong as you can use SS, I have rng'ed there.

#2: Non-NPC zones are around late 40's to mid 50's. Those with NPC's which depend on how many they are, usually are 60-90 for me.

I was wondering if i was to rng thundurus at the e4 will it have the iv's i have on this specific seed. Its a shiny roamer seed on frame 1 pid frame 745 ?

Using 9.81 Beta.

A bit confused about RNGing a Shiny Tornadus...

- Rain advances PIDRNG by 60 per second. I've also been told there are wandering NPCs. About how many frames advances are there on average?
- Because of the NPCs, I should save in the house to generate the seed and make any other necessary PID advances in there first, correct?
- So, is the method of RNGing (so, no delay, right?) the same as if I were to RNG a stationary legendary except with a few more annoyances to it?

@TB: Read the first page. Simple, RNG it at the house, not at the Elite 4

I did this, but still cant hit the exactly delay. Does playing on a 3ds makes it harder?
No. You should be 10 delays above or below your target delay at the very least, not 300 above/below average. Maybe your doing something else wrong. (Horrible timing, but I highly doubt that)

I really need some help here. I've followed all the guides for Standard RNG (non C-Gear), and am still getting only small bouts of success...

For my first try at RNGing Wild Pokemon, I am trying to catch a Timid Female Cottonee in the forest, with Perfect IVs in all stats except Attack and Special Attack. I have a Synchronizer for Timid, so that's not a problem, and I transfered a Chatot just in case.

I've RNGed somewhat in my SoulSilver, so I know most things to start off, and how it works, but it's just failing for me... After calibrating, I go through all the steps provided for me, Sweet Scenting as soon as I enter (too many NPCs in the forest), and battling. I successfully used the Time Finder to get a Venipede with the wanted IVs, so I tried to listen to Chatter so advance the PIDRNG, but when I finally got a Sync-able Cottonee, its IVs weren't the same anymore!! ><"

I know I probably seem noobish, or am missing something huge, but can anyone help me? I'm pretty sure I can RNG Stationary Legends fine, but Wild Pokemon are troubling me...

Thanks for any help, in advance! You people are great~! :3

I really need some help here. I've followed all the guides for Standard RNG (non C-Gear), and am still getting only small bouts of success...

For my first try at RNGing Wild Pokemon, I am trying to catch a Timid Female Cottonee in the forest, with Perfect IVs in all stats except Attack and Special Attack. I have a Synchronizer for Timid, so that's not a problem, and I transfered a Chatot just in case.

I've RNGed somewhat in my SoulSilver, so I know most things to start off, and how it works, but it's just failing for me... After calibrating, I go through all the steps provided for me, Sweet Scenting as soon as I enter (too many NPCs in the forest), and battling. I successfully used the Time Finder to get a Venipede with the wanted IVs, so I tried to listen to Chatter so advance the PIDRNG, but when I finally got a Sync-able Cottonee, its IVs weren't the same anymore!! ><"

I know I probably seem noobish, or am missing something huge, but can anyone help me? I'm pretty sure I can RNG Stationary Legends fine, but Wild Pokemon are troubling me...

Thanks for any help, in advance! You people are great~! :3
What is your IV frame? Best if you use a frame 1 spread. Also, your timer0 may be fluctuating, that is why the IVs did not coming out right for the Cottonee.

Yeah, I try and use a Frame 1 spread, especially since if I don't, trying to advance the RNG through steps will make the area's NPCs mess up my PIDRNG... So no worries about that, I think~ ^^"

As for the Timer0, I have no experience with it beforehand (for obvious reasons), but during calibration it always landed on C7C due to the Boldore's I caught in Victory Road, FOR the calibration phase.

I have no idea what causes the Timer0 to fluctuate, or how to adjust my RNGing to accomodate for this... If you can tell me how to fix it, or get it differently, I would be in great debt! Thank you!

You can't do anything about your timer0, so the only to do is just keep doing more attempts. It's also good you are using a frame 1 spread. I don't know where you are in your game, but if you have advanced far enough or this is the same save file as the one you calibrated, the capture a Cottonee at lostlorn forest as there are no NPCs there and will be easier since you are new to this.

• If you are using a flashcart (D:), you might be able to standard seed abuse as they do not run in DSi mode.
    • Extend the searching range for all of the parameter sections to find your flashcart's parameters. They will be different depending on the class of SD memory you use and the flashcart and firmware itself.
    • Asking if your card runs in DSi mode does not belong here. The answer is obvious.
ok i got it , but how i do it? it is the same way that with the original game? Im using a R4 but it dont have a clock on it like DS menu , thats why my brother has one(:P) so i can use it. For example: im looking for my DS parameters and i say i ill be loading game at 25 seconds, do i have to press on my R4 game at 25seconds or some seconds before?-im asking it because when u press on the game a black window apper saying: loading, does that can change something?

Ok, I thought so... I really hope it isn't my Timer0 moving around, as it already confuses me enough ^^;;

Anyway, I have the strategy guide, and I didn't remember that they are in Lostlorn! Thanks~! So that Hiker at the nop isn't a Wandering NPC, I presume?

Also, is it really so hard to pause and Sweet Scent before Wandering NPCs get a chance to mess with you? I'll just try Lostlorn then, and hopefully this doesn't mess me up too ^^"

PS) I wasn't expecting a fast response like this~ You guys rock!

When your sweet scent actually, the npcs move while that 1-2 second sweet scenting sequence happens. So, it advances frame while you do the SS action. As for lostlorn forest no the hiker does not advance the frame, but i you walk near him he well tell you a message and then leave permanently.

Kaphotics

Remodeling Kitchens
is a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Ok, I thought so... I really hope it isn't my Timer0 moving around, as it already confuses me enough ^^;;

Anyway, I have the strategy guide, and I didn't remember that they are in Lostlorn! Thanks~! So that Hiker at the nop isn't a Wandering NPC, I presume?

Also, is it really so hard to pause and Sweet Scent before Wandering NPCs get a chance to mess with you? I'll just try Lostlorn then, and hopefully this doesn't mess me up too ^^"

PS) I wasn't expecting a fast response like this~ You guys rock!
You have to hit your seed again, the Venipede took the IVs you wanted on the Cottonee.

You have to do your advancements from the Initial Frame to your Target Frame to get your target Pokemon. I suggest learning what "Encounter Slots" are :)

Oh, ok, then I wonder how I got the good IVs on that Venipede o3o" Guess I got lucky~ ^^"

Anyway, I tried to go to Lostlorn under the same time and frame, and after Sweet Scent I found a Swadloon. I retried and listened to Chatot once, then used Sweet Scent. Luckily, I found a Female Cottonee, and when I caught it, it was Timid! Whether by Synchronize or by true Timid nature, I'm not sure.

Either way, when I caught it, the IV range was not even close to 31/x/31/x/31/31. Is there something that I shouldn't be doing, or am doing wrong? I need help! ><"

Thanks again, in advance~ :3

You have to hit your seed again, the Venipede took the IVs you wanted on the Cottonee.

You have to do your advancements from the Initial Frame to your Target Frame to get your target Pokemon. I suggest learning what "Encounter Slots" are :)

Can you tell me how I can find the Initial and Target Frame, please? ^^" As I said, I'm kinda new to 5th Gen RNG...

I know about Encounter Slots~ :3 Cottonee is Slot 0, 2, 8, and 10 for both Pinwheel and Lostlorn Forests.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)