Victoria BC VGC-style Tournament! - Won by Randy Kwa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not quite, but sorta! The UVic Pokemon Club is hosting a VGC tournament in Victoria BC August 20th as a fundraiser for the club. Entry fee is $5 with proceeds going towards hosting more tournaments and sending club members to future VGC events! The rules for team building are the same as regular VGC, but the format is a tad different.

We're gonna be running a Swiss style qualification round, with a finalist bracket. That means that losing once doesn't mean you're out of the tournament!

But of course, why should anyone bother travelling to Victoria BC for this? Well, we've got prizes of course!

1st place will receive a UVic Pokemon VGC Tournament Gold Medal, their choice of 1 of 3 B/W Starter Pokemon hats, and a
Gold Pass to Tsukino Con! Victoria's Anime Convention (hosted in February). This gold pass gives you priority access in lines, early admittance and first access to dealers rooms and more! Beyond that, we'll also be hosting a pokemon league at Tsukino Con, where you battle through our 8 gyms, collect 8 badges and challenge the Elite 4!

2nd place will receive a UVic Pokemon VGC Tournament Silver Medal, their choice of 1 of 2 B/W Starter Pokemon hats, and a Weekend Pass to Gottacon! Victoria's gaming convention. Tabletop gaming, video games and more. We're likely going to be hosting a tournament there as well so stay tuned!

3rd place will receive a UVic Pokemon VGC Tournament Bronze Medal and a B/W Starter Pokemon Hat!

Beyond that, we'll also have a small games area and pokemon cards area. We may even host an pokemon cards tournament, potentially using the online card game, so stay tuned for that as well! We'll also have a small pokemon merch table.

So if you live on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver, Seattle etc... it's just a short drive or ferry ride away to attend this one day event! This is the 1st of what we hope to be an annual tournament. And I should say, the more people that come, the more random/runner up prizes we'll be able to award!

So if you're in the area, or know someone who is, let them know! You can find more information on our facebook page here!

Thanks for hearing me out, hope to see you there!
~Crawdaunt

By any chance.. would you be the person who made the video that gave everyone Cawdaunt pounds? If so that was really funny lol..

Anyways, best of luck with this!

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
By any chance.. would you be the person who made the video that gave everyone Cawdaunt pounds? If so that was really funny lol..

Anyways, best of luck with this!
Yes, that was him.

I'll be there if I can make it Mark, it'll depend on my $$$ situation. Let's hope!

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yes, that was him.

I'll be there if I can make it Mark, it'll depend on my $$$ situation. Let's hope!
I'll be tagging along with this dude if I'm not elsewhere on the 20th. Hoping to make it since I couldn't go to Seattle.

Edit: Looks like camping starts the day after this tourney! I'll definitely be going.

Hey Mark, maybe I'll try to make it. I just don't really like this year's rules :P, but yah, maybe I'll have time so might be fun to visit. I still have stuff to trade to you too.

Articuno64

1 to 63 were taken
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
For some reason I was thinking I'd need to stay overnight in order to do this, not realizing I could come in the morning and leave at night. No reason I shouldn't be able to do this now, expect me there!

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will still be in Ontario but I may have to make a trip out for your Tsukino-con League challenge. Arti seemed to have fun with it last year and if some of my more anime-interested friends go I should be able to tag along with them to get to the island!

I'll likely be showing up for this, I got a bunch of info from fellow BCers and it seems like a lot of fun. I'm very eager for a chance to win one of those hats :P

Aw man. This is gonna be so SWEET! 2/3 custom hats have been completed at this point, and I gotta say they're things of beauty. I'm gonna be getting the medals soon as well, once the hats are finished and the medals complete, I'll post some teaser pics :P

And of course, there'll be the Tsukino Con Gold Pass prize and the Gottacon weekend pass for 1st/2nd. By the way, for everyone coming, It'd be sweet if you could RSVP on the facebook event page here just to shore up the confirmed numbers. Most people don't bother with it. For instance, I know that way more than 12 people locally are coming, but that's all that's up now. It'll also mean that you'll be in the loop if any announcements are made. We'll be getting some extra smaller consolation prizes for people depending on total attendance, so it'll help planning to have a better idea of minimum attendance ^_^

Thank you all for the support! Looking forward to a great tournament and it sounds like an awesome Tsukino Con next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)