Marvel v Capcom 3 discussion

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Marvel side could be better, but with Phoenix Wright, Frank West, and NEMESIS!!!! I will have to get Ultimate MvC3. Still hoping for Psylocke and Gambit.

They even put friggin' Phoenix Wright and Vergil in over Mega Man? Get the fuck outta here. It's like Capcom's putting in a legitimate effort to completely disregard the dude.

Strider + Firebrand look really fun for me. I'm also really hyped for SOME of the new characters (Dr. Strange, Rocket Raccoon, Iron Fist). While I'm a huge Phoenix Wright fan, I'm not sure I like the thought of him being in a fighter game. Waiting to see how he's done before I lay judgement on him. Hopefully he gets a good VA!

I'm a little upset that a new version is being release only 9 months later, and that Shuma STILL is dlc in it. Whatever. I'll still buy it if the gameplay of the new characters impresses me.

So excited for Strider and Phoenix Wright. I hope they are characters I can mesh well with. Would love to have at least one on my team.

I'm not really liking the HUD, seems a little to obscure, but that's just me being whiny. I'll prolly sell my MvC3 now/soon to get as much money as I can 'cause I haven't found time to play it recently anyway, and then buy Ultimate when it does come out. Shame there's no option for DLC like AE, but maybe they have it in their back pocket or something, though I doubt it.

New Shinku Hadoken looks cool though. Hope Ryu and Spiderman are better in this game.

heres a small tidbit for people form inside

1. X factor doesnt give more damage on normals just Supers, It meant as just a combo extender
2. It can be used in the, I believe via super only or by air dashable characters
3. Orbs dont chip... but do build meter
4. Side TAC steals 1 meter away from opponet
5. The overall damage done in this game is less meaning more of a mixup/mindgame aspect instead of 1touch kills.

Any other questions?

Oh btw I called and Hinted at Hawkeye,strider,phoenix wright and west... so that may hint to who I am.

God this game is crazy, for a while I thought I had no responsabilities in smogon, everybody is really mad at me... anywho, my current team is Deadpool (HEALTH BAR IN YOUR FACE) Amaterasu, and Spencer. I'm really, really pissed that megaman isn't in this.

I play...
Wolvie/sent/Phx
Wolvie/Mag/Tronne
Dante/Zero/Akuma
Zero/Sent/Phx
Dante/Dorm/Tronne
Sent/Tronne/Dorm
Mag/Dante/Akuma

I pretty much can play Zero,Akuma,Magneto,Wolverine,Phoenix,Sentinel,Dormmamu,Tronne Bonne,Dante,Viewtiful joe ( He sucks but is fun ).

And I occasionally mess around with She hulk,Storm and wesker.

I play...
Wolvie/sent/Phx
Wolvie/Mag/Tronne
Dante/Zero/Akuma
Zero/Sent/Phx
Dante/Dorm/Tronne
Sent/Tronne/Dorm
Mag/Dante/Akuma

I pretty much can play Zero,Akuma,Magneto,Wolverine,Phoenix,Sentinel,Dormmamu,Tronne Bonne,Dante,Viewtiful joe ( He sucks but is fun ).

And I occasionally mess around with She hulk,Storm and wesker.
Viewtiful Joe is actually pretty good, Air Joe is one of the best moves, and pink bomb assist (don't know the name) is crazy good with Ammy's bead combo, he is one of the best people for aerial team combos.

Yeah, seriously, dudes off work since MML3 is canceled, give the blue bomber a break, jeez.
Isn't that what they're technically doing?

Awesome, Phoenix Wright! Not awesome, this was leaked 5 months after Marvel VS. Capcom 3 was released while Mega Man Legends 3 was cancelled!

Viewtiful Joe is actually pretty good, Air Joe is one of the best moves, and pink bomb assist (don't know the name) is crazy good with Ammy's bead combo, he is one of the best people for aerial team combos.
Nah hes ass, doesnt do enough damage, Hitboxes are too small on his moves, gets bodied by rushdown unless he has tronne/Akuma assist...

I saw some of the gameplay videos. Firebrand and Strider look pretty awesome, though some of the damage scaling looked pretty insane. I'm pretty pleased with the new characters, but I hate that Megaman keeps getting screwed out of the game (and his own game most recently). HELL yeah Phoenix Wright! Actually, wasn't there a rumor or something that Wright was supposed to be in at the start, but they couldn't figure out how to localize his Objection! quote or something? I thought I heard that somewhere.

Anyway, I typically play Taskmaster/Magneto/Phoenix. I just avoid Dark Phoenix spam. She dies in like, two hits anyway. I'd rather get to use my bars for better things.

I am liking the look of the new characters for the most part. Will probably be trying out Ghost Rider and Dr Strange when I get the chance. Not to say I will not mess around with the other characters, but those two definitely stand out to me. Only new character I am not all that happy with is Phoenix Wright, I have nothing against him as a character, but I just don't think he deserves a spot in the game.

Also, really not liking the new HUD, music, and various other aesthetic changes they have made. Maybe I just need to get used to it like I did between Vanilla SF4 and Super, but it just seemed to me that there was nothing wrong with any of the stuff that they changed (especially in terms of music). Probably the only art change that I do like is the new official art for Phoenix, no more derp face.

I actually don't mind the Phoenix nerf. No more jump + heavy fireball 8,000 times.

The new Magneto and Storm moves could be interesting.

I think I might change one of my mains to Strider when this comes out. He looks pretty ridiculous.

I actually don't mind the Phoenix nerf. No more jump + heavy fireball 8,000 times.
Restriction from 3 to 1 is not all that much when you think about it. Makes her a little easier to lock down, but with the right spacing she will still be just as annoying (not even mentioning the fact that her rushdown appears to remain completely untouched).

Restriction from 3 to 1 is not all that much when you think about it. Makes her a little easier to lock down, but with the right spacing she will still be just as annoying (not even mentioning the fact that her rushdown appears to remain completely untouched).
True, it's not a huge nerf, but I'm really just hoping it cuts down on the spam. I've seen too many teams based around "get to 5 bars and X-Factor Dark Phoenix ASAP," then spam fire until they die. I'm glad they didn't kill her rushdown. It's my favorite thing about her (and the main reason I main her). Besides, I think she'll need it to keep up with Strider. All the new characters seem pretty good, but Strider and Firebrand stand out to me as being pretty crazy, at least from what I've seen so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)