Walk With Me In Hell

Here's an interesting story for you guys - one day, about two weeks ago, Bowl Cut wanted to try playing in the Ubers tier, a tier that he's never played competitively, so he has no knowlege of the tier whatsoever bar from the part that Giratina-O was probably the best spin blocker in the entire game, bar Arceus-Ghost, who should kindly eat a dick. Anyway, with all this in mind, I made an Ubers team to try my hardest in the Ubers ladder on the Pokemon Online server, and since I'm more of a defensive person than an offensive person, I went ahead to make a classic Ubers stall team. Two days ago, before I stopped laddering on the Pokemon Online server entirely, I've peaked at about 1446 CRE (which is the highest I've ever gotten on any tier), but after a refreshing break I start losing to hax and drop down, which pissed me off, especially since they were scrubs who brought Draco Meteor Garchomp and thought it would work. Regardless of all of those losses, 1446 CRE is still pretty big, especially for someone who had no experience of the tier whatsoever. The theme of the team? Well BKC wanted me to make a Lamb of God themed team, so I might as well make it this one because a team that peaked 1446 CRE should at least be named after a great band like Lamb of God. With all of this out of the way, I think it is time to start getting into the team.

Pray for solace, pray for resolve
Pray for a savior, pray for deliverance
Some kind of purpose, a glimpse of a light in this void of existence

Groudon @ Leftovers l Drought l Impish Nature l 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Moves: Stealth Rock l Earthquake l Dragon Tail l Stone Edge

Groudon one of the bulkiest Pokemon ever, on the physical side. Groudon's role in the team is to set up Stealth Rock on the opponent's field, phaze physical set up sweepers with Dragon Tail, and just take physical hits in general. Earthquake and Stone Edge are probably the best coverage moves for Groudon, because they not only provide something that Groudon can murder things like Ho-oh in one hit, but also the fact that Groudon makes good use of the moves due to its great physical Attack stat.

Take hold of my hand
For you are no longer alone
Walk with me in hell

Heatran @ Leftovers l Flash Fire l Calm Nature l 252 HP / 128 SpD / 128 Spd
Moves: Taunt l Toxic l Roar l Flamethrower

Heatran is nothing more but a niche Pokemon in Ubers - it can sponge moves from most Giratina-O, Bug Arceus, Ho-oh who do not pack Earthquake, most Mewtwo after one Calm Mind, etc.. This is the standard stallbreaker set for Heatran. The premise is simple - Taunt Blissey, Toxic its switch in (or Blissey if the opponent is dumb enough to just Seismic Toss), and spam Flamethrower, Roar or switch. Heatran is a staple to the team because it is the only Pokemon who doesn't rely on a move to hit to phaze, as well as its ability to force switches against many common Pokemon in the tier.

This lie of a life can as quickly as it came dissolve

Forretress @ Leftovers l Sturdy l Careful Nature l 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Moves: Spikes l Rapid Spin l Toxic Spikes l Toxic

Forretress is, if anything, the most important team member in this team. It not only sets up on most Pokemon in Ubers, but it keeps my team safe from entry hazards due to Rapid Spin. Nearly every Pokemon in Ubers is a free layer of Spikes or Toxic Spikes for Forretress. Now one may question why do I have Toxic on Forretress as well as Toxic Spikes. I will gladly answer that question - Giratina-O finds itself switching into Forretress from time to time again to block Rapid Spin, correct? Well, Giratina-O is immune to Toxic Spikes, but not immune to Toxic, so when it switches into Forretress it gets poisoned so it shouldn't be alive for more than six turns, with entry hazard damage factored in.

Pray for blood, pray for the cleansing
Pray for the flood, pray for the end of this nightmare

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb l Levitate l Lonely Nature l 248 Atk / 252 SpA / 8 Spd
Moves: Draco Meteor l Hidden Power Fire l Shadow Sneak l Dragon Tail

Giratina-O blocks Rapid Spin to keep my entry hazards on their side of the field, as well as hammering any switch ins with a smack in the face with Draco Meteor, Hidden Power Fire, or Dragon Tail. Shadow Sneak is mainly to check big threats in the Ubers metagame like Mewtwo, as well as for priority due to how slow Giratina-O actually is, but its sheer power and remarkable bulk is what makes it the monstrosity that it is today. Like Heatran, it forces many switches, and Dragon Tail takes that advantage to a higher level as it not only racks up entry hazard damage, but it also hurts the opposing Pokemon. There really isn't much to say about Giratina-O as it is one of those Pokemon that really just speak for itself.

Now witness the end of an age
Hope dies in hands of believers
Who seek the truth in the liar's eyes

Blissey @ Leftovers l Natural Cure l Calm Nature l 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Moves: Wish l Protect l Toxic l Seismic Toss

Blissey is the #1 counter to most special attackers in the game, and while most people would say Chansey is superior, I often don't like relating the two of them, because they're a completely different story. Wish is crucial to most of my team due to not having a reliable recovery on the rest of the team, and if there's a need to stay in with Blissey after wishing, Protect lets me get all the health I need, as well as to weaken the foes Pokemon with Toxic so that it can be in range to be revenge killed. Seismic Toss 3-4HKOs most of the offensive special attackers in the as well as helping Toxic stall out less turns. Blissey is considered a good Pokemon for a good reason, most new people can't take it so they end up forfeiting Pokemon Online matches, which is fine by me.

You're never alone
You're never alone
Walk with me in hell

Palkia @ Choice Scarf l Pressure l Hasty Nature l 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spd
Moves: Spacial Rend l Surf l Fire Blast l Outrage

Palkia is an excellent scarfer in the Ubers metagame, making good use of both sun and rain, the two common weathers in Ubers. Spacial Rend is only resisted by a few Pokemon, mainly Ferrothorn and Forretress, due to it being a Dragon type move, but hell it hits half of the metagame for super effective damage, so I don't know why pass it up. Surf and Fire Blast are my coverage moves of choice, Fire Blast abuses sun and Surf abuses rain if I for some reason lose a weather war to a Kyogre. Outrage serves as a physical late game sweeping moves, because sometimes my opponent could have an Ho-oh as his last, and Spacial Rend does a mere ~30% to it, while Outrage does ~40%. Not much of a difference but it certainly does pay off sometimes.

This team's succession is not enough though, I still would like to improve it like everyone and their teams though, so drop some rates! Thanks in advance.​

Sup Dan. Obviously a great team, and it's proven by your success with it. Here's the rate you asked me for. Bare with me as I'm inexperienced with the Ubers metagame, but I'll try to do the best I can!

Anyways, like most Stall teams, SubCM Giratina-O with Aura Sphere is gonna be annoying. If it gets a free sub, you're gonna have to rely on Palkia + Giratina-O's Shadow Sneak to break its sub and damage it. This would leave your team with a severely damaged/dead spinblocker and scarfer and that's not a good thing for a stall team like this. To remedy this problem I would recommend a Bulky Ho-oh over Heatran as it can tank a Dragon Pulse and then reply with Whirlwind. If you miss your stallbreaking capabilities with Heatran, you could always switch your current Giratina-o to your own SubCM variant.

Here are the sets:

Ho-oh @ Leftovers l Pressure l Adamant Nature l 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Moves: Sacred Fire l Brave Bird l Whirlwind l Roost

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb l Levitate l Modest Nature l 212 HP / 72 Def / 224 SAtk
Moves: Substitute l Calm Mind l Dragon Pulse l Aura Sphere

Well, that's all I got. This was probably a terrible rate but I hope I helped and good luck with the team!

hey going to promote my favorite heatran set of all time even though ive never played ubers, and seeing as you have forretress with toxic spikes and groudon for a hazer

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm, 252 HP/Spdef

Substitute
Protect
Torment
Lava Plume

this might be useful if you can get in on something like scarfed palkia and ogre, stalling them with spikes/burn/struggle damage, though i'm not sure if it can take hits in ubers, so if it can't then why are you using heatran as a defensive pivot ?_? even if you don't use torment, change flamethrower to lava plume for the 30% burn rate

Sup Dan. Obviously a great team, and it's proven by your success with it. Here's the rate you asked me for. Bare with me as I'm inexperienced with the Ubers metagame, but I'll try to do the best I can!

Anyways, like most Stall teams, SubCM Giratina-O with Aura Sphere is gonna be annoying. If it gets a free sub, you're gonna have to rely on Palkia + Giratina-O's Shadow Sneak to break its sub and damage it. This would leave your team with a severely damaged/dead spinblocker and scarfer and that's not a good thing for a stall team like this. To remedy this problem I would recommend a Bulky Ho-oh over Heatran as it can tank a Dragon Pulse and then reply with Whirlwind. If you miss your stallbreaking capabilities with Heatran, you could always switch your current Giratina-o to your own SubCM variant.

Here are the sets:

Ho-oh @ Leftovers l Pressure l Adamant Nature l 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spd
Moves: Sacred Fire l Brave Bird l Whirlwind l Roost

Giratina-O @ Griseous Orb l Levitate l Modest Nature l 212 HP / 72 Def / 224 SAtk
Moves: Substitute l Calm Mind l Dragon Pulse l Aura Sphere

Well, that's all I got. This was probably a terrible rate but I hope I helped and good luck with the team!
Really nice rate, Rai, I'll try them out even though I dislike the major SR weakness Ho-oh has, although I do have spin and it can get a free roost on almost every special attacker in Ubers, especially in the sun. Gira-O can be replaced by a SubCM Gira-O because I can still revenge Mewtwo with Palkia so I'm not missing out on a lot there.

lucariojr said:
hey going to promote my favorite heatran set of all time even though ive never played ubers, and seeing as you have forretress with toxic spikes and groudon for a hazer

Heatran @ Leftovers
Calm, 252 HP/Spdef

Substitute
Protect
Torment
Lava Plume

this might be useful if you can get in on something like scarfed palkia and ogre, stalling them with spikes/burn/struggle damage, though i'm not sure if it can take hits in ubers, so if it can't then why are you using heatran as a defensive pivot ?_? even if you don't use torment, change flamethrower to lava plume for the 30% burn rate
I will definitely try that but I'm not much of a fan of TormenTran.

well let me start off by saying this team has some great synergy so it was hard for me to find something that hurts this team. Reshiram looks like he can give you some problems because he can run specs/scarf/ or mixed sets, and he hits heatran for neutral damage, but with specs stab blue flare in the sun off of 150 base special attack that could hurt, mewtwo also poses problems, ice beam can hurt your dragons, psystrike makes blissey poop her pants and aura sphere hits heatran hard(i didnt do any calcs) many also carry shadow ball or flamethrower to hit giratina or forretress. As far as status goes, I might suggest putting twave on groudon and WOW on giratina-o to stop normal arceus, but if you want to completely rely on tspikes then thats just a matter of personal preferance. The other thing is you definitely need thunder on palkia to rape kyogre with, switch that in for surf since you are running a sun team. Overall looks really good though

well let me start off by saying this team has some great synergy so it was hard for me to find something that hurts this team. Reshiram looks like he can give you some problems because he can run specs/scarf/ or mixed sets, and he hits heatran for neutral damage, but with specs stab blue flare in the sun off of 150 base special attack that could hurt, mewtwo also poses problems, ice beam can hurt your dragons, psystrike makes blissey poop her pants and aura sphere hits heatran hard(i didnt do any calcs) many also carry shadow ball or flamethrower to hit giratina or forretress. As far as status goes, I might suggest putting twave on groudon and WOW on giratina-o to stop normal arceus, but if you want to completely rely on tspikes then thats just a matter of personal preferance. The other thing is you definitely need thunder on palkia to rape kyogre with, switch that in for surf since you are running a sun team. Overall looks really good though
I really didn't care about this RMT anymore seeing as many people didn't rate it for a while so I didn't update it, but Ho-oh is now taking Heatran's place just to take on Reshiram better as well as other threats.

HonchkrowPimp said:
Kind of odd you would be running toxic on a foretress with toxic spikes.[
I already explained that Toxic is for catching Giratina-O on the switch in. It isn't odd at all.

I would recommend Thunder over Surf on Palkia, just for Kyogre. Surf isn't going to be killing anything in Ubers that Spacial Rend can't do more damage to, even in the rain, with all the dragon types running around.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)