Rhydon with Eviolite

When 4th gen came along Rhydon took a break because Rhyperior was created and did everything Rhydon did better. Then, 5th gen came along and made the eviolite. this meant that Rhydon had a higher defences than Rhyperior and opened up a spot back into competitive play. With a 130 attack he hits harder than most other walls and can fight off any poison type to counter his toxic with earthquake. But even with a upgraded special defence he can still be OHKO by any strong special attack. And his 4x weakness to grass and water doesn't help. And with pretty useless abilities all around, Rhydon will have to use lightning just for double battles sake. In the end, Rhydon can stall out pretty much any physical attacker out there as long as he is in a good position and they don't have any of his obvious weaknesses .​

Stalldon
Ability- Lightning Rod
Careful Nature (+SpDef -SpAtk)
-Item Eviolite
-EV's- 252 Def, 252SpDef, 4hp
Move set
-Toxic
-Protect/Subsitute
-Earthquake/Stone Edge/Dragon Tail
-Rest/Stealth Rocks
Depending on if you decide to make Rhydon your lead is what should alter rest or stealth rocks. Earthquake is for a decent coverage attack,but stone edge can hit levitators and flying type, Dragon tail is also a choice to see what else your opponet has on his team and to get rid of any threats.​

Horn Dancer (see what i did there)
-Ability: Lightning Rod
- Nature: Impish Nature (+Def -SpAtk) Adament Nature (+Atk -SpAtk)
-Item: Eviolite
-EV's 252 Def, 124 Attack,124 SpDef
-Move set
- Sword Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone edge/ Dragon tail/Megahorn/Thunderpunch
- Rest/Subsitute/Toxic
This set is basically a more offensive version of the previous one this way after a couple of sword dance Rhydon can 2HKO or OHKO anything in its path.​

Other Options
Dig- if you want to outstall a little longer than what you usually do with Earthquake
Incenerate- Just incase your scared of rare berry users
Facade-If you have a status problem of your own​

Partners
Hippopotas can help in taking out enemys with its sandstorm and gives Rhydon the stat boost it needs. Gorebyss can baton pass amnesia over to help rhydon as well. A heal beller may also help in the long run for Rhydon​

Countering Rhydon
Basically any special sweeper or tank can take down Rhydon easily. Rhydon also has to look out for being poisoned. If you do poison it, it will probaly rest giving you a safe switch into anything to counter.​

This was my first post so tell me what you think ;)​

Other Options
Dig- if you want to outstall a little longer than what you usually do with Earthquake (it sucks. really. you take even more damage from EQ. :/ Just use EQ instead, its faster and harder)
Incenerate- Just incase your scared of rare berry users(who the hell uses berries in UU again? Can someone enlighten me?)
Facade-If you have a status problem of your own

Partners
Tyranitar can help in taking out enemys with its sandstorm and gives Rhydon the stat boost it needs. Gorebyss can baton pass amnesia over to help rhydon as well. A heal beller may also help in the long run for Rhydon

Hello sir. Tyranitar's OU, we only have Hippopotas here.

Countering Rhydon
Basically any special sweeper or tank can take down Rhydon easily. Rhydon also has to look out for being poisoned. If you do poison it, it will probaly rest giving you a safe switch into anything to counter.

This was my first post so tell me what you think ;)[/LEFT]

Honestly I still find Rhyperior to be more tanky than Rhydon. Because of the massive amount of weaknesses that come with Rock/Ground, Solid Rock in some ways gives Rhyperior a large boost anyways. Leftovers also gives Rhyperior the chance to Substitute extra times and gives it a large HP advantage.

Since this is all about Eviolite.. do you mind putting up his defensive numbers after the boost in the OP compared to Rhyperiors? thx.

TBH it doesn't even matter since if you don't run Double-Edge Rock Head is as equally useless as Lightningrod.
Well you can honestly say that about most pokemon. "If I don't run any water moves or any physical moves both Torrent and Defiant are equally useless on Empoleon". Point is you can actually do work with Double Edge hitting things neutrally harder unlike Thunderpunch and that no recoil is really nice. While Lightningrod basically has no reason to be ran with Rhydon (Bulls-Eye set is just stupid).

What exactly does Double-Edge contribute in terms of coverage again? Ground is excellent coverage on its own, while being excellently complemented by Stone Edge.

For the SD set, rest keeps kind of stupid, as then they will get 2 free turns to wreck you. Also you need max hp on that set as well: 252 HP / 252 Atk should do fine (better than splitting defenses w/ no hp evs).

Yeah double edge has some merit as an option over return for nuetral damage. 120 power is nothing to scoff at.

Edit: Oh yeah quake-edge...

Yeah I don't see it having a use then.

What exactly does Double-Edge contribute in terms of coverage again? Ground is excellent coverage on its own, while being excellently complemented by Stone Edge.
So? Double Edge makes Rock Head more viable then Lightningrod. At least it could see some usage LOL. I don't get why you think Lightningrod and Rock Head are equally useless when Rhydon can't even use Lightning rod

Here is the problem that Icebeam is talking about:

What earthquake doesn't hit hard:
-bug -> stone edge
-grass-> stone edge
-flying -> stone edge
-levitating-> stone edge

With stab stone edge gets too 150 power, as opposed to just 120 for double edge. So it literally has no use. Any over coverage problem can be delt with by elemental punches, if you wish.

Here is the problem that Icebeam is talking about:

What earthquake doesn't hit hard:
-bug -> stone edge
-grass-> stone edge
-flying -> stone edge
-levitating-> stone edge

With stab stone edge gets too 150 power, as opposed to just 120 for double edge. So it literally has no use. Any over coverage problem can be delt with by elemental punches, if you wish.
No Ice Beam is talking about Lightningrod = Rock Head.

And really, it doesn't even matter since Rock Head is only affecting 2 moves in Rhydon's moveset when he's not even going to be using them: Stone Edge is almost always better due to coverage. Hence it's really rather irrelevant ._.

No, he's talking about Benefits of LR = Benefits of RH, with both being none, so the point of Double-Edge being outclassed by Stone Edge is valid to his point. However, Double-Edge can hit Flygon, and has 100 accuracy, so it can be useful.

I'd imagine you'd only use double edge because it has more accuracy than stone edge. Still though, both rhydon's abilities are stupid, which is a shame since he looks so damn cool, way cooler than rhyperior :'(

For a more offensive set, how about something akin to Terrakion's double dancing set? Something like Rock Polish/Swords Dance/Stone Edge/Eearthquake. Now that I think about it that makes Eviolite useless.... dammit rhydon if you just learned head smash people would use you and I wouldn't have to rack my brains coming up with sets that end up becoming worthless theorymon.

Honestly though, RHYDON Y U NO LEARN HEAD SMASH?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)