The 2010-11 Football/Soccer Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've actually joined the league and chose my team but I tried to log in today and I somehow have to do all of it again. Any reason for this?

edit: whatever, I joined the league again so can you kick out the first one (I'm Kadir Ari --> Talking Heads)?

MY TEAM:

Howard
Dawson Jagielka Coloccini Dunne
Arteta Albrighton Cabaye N'Zogbia
Bent Suarez

how do I change the 4-4-2 settings?

Is Hernandez likely to be a regular starter for Man U next season? What will happen to Sturridge? Will Walcott start regularly for Arsenal? Will he finally play up front?

Is Raphael likely to start regularly for Man U? And Benayoun for Chelsea?

Just wanna see what people's opinions are of some potentially value signings.

Can't decided on the team!

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
@ Zoro: just drag a lets say midfielder over a defender or a forward over any, etc. it automatically changes the formation.

and hernandez yes, sturridge no idea, walcott no idea either since arsenal got gervinho, rafael yes, benayoun no way

Myzozoa

to find better ways to say what nobody says
is a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
I would say stay away from chelsea's forwards and midfield until we know whats up. The back 4 are always good, and expensive.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I don't exactly know how to play this Fantasy shit but I joined. I'm guessing you pick the players that you think are gonna shine this season and get points if they do shine..?

Anyways, I got a feeling this is gonna be a good season for Suarez and Chicharito.

man.. my team is tough to build this year. definitely a handful of teams im staying away from until i know their deal. [arsenal, chelsea front, man city, liverpool.]

im excited for my norwich city guys.. gonna give me some quality points.

[still building as i post.]

g cahill for 5.5pts? hell yes. kompany for 6pts? good deal.. but man city is a god damn mess right now.. starter overload.

So in all seriousness as i don't watch enough Championship is Grant Holt gonna score goals in the premier league, is he a good goalscorer or is it a case that Norwich are just a lot better then most teams in the championship and they could put any striker in their team,does he score against the "big teams", his record is impressive is he a player who scores consistently through the whole season or the type that grabs the odd hat trick and then goes through patches where he plays shit.

He was pretty consistent iirc, I don't think he'll score more than 5 in the prem, he's good for the Championship but I don't think he'll make the step up (I don't think Danny Graham will, either)

So in all seriousness as i don't watch enough Championship is Grant Holt gonna score goals in the premier league, is he a good goalscorer or is it a case that Norwich are just a lot better then most teams in the championship and they could put any striker in their team,does he score against the "big teams", his record is impressive is he a player who scores consistently through the whole season or the type that grabs the odd hat trick and then goes through patches where he plays shit.
I think he can make it, he's a strong forward who gets in good positions and finishes chances well. He also came second assists last season in the Championship. He's scored 20+ goals for last 3 seasons going up divisions for the last 2 seasons so I think he will make it.

And Phalanx the league code is 4916-2786

whats the league this year, i put a team together, seems harder to get decent players though
agree'd, the prices are definitely higher this season compared to last. a way to force people into making more balanced teams? I think so. I'm kind of for it.. balanced teams seem fun, but a lot of the prices on players are more than questionable.

The US commentators wouldn't let that incident go, quite annoying. I give Balotelli the benefit of the doubt.. regardless of his past.

Playing a friendly.. thinking its offsides.. just joking around.

On a side note.. Joe Hart beasting Dragon Ball Z poses during the shoot out was awesome.

Honestly it was a combination of your endorsement and the fact that he seemed one of the more promising players available for 4.5. I gather a goal scoring midfielder is pretty much solid gold in this game so I'm willing to gamble.

Might ditch him yet though...I had Lucas there previously but I'm not sure he'll get too much play-time this season.

PS nice midfield ^_^
Lucas Leiva? Liverpool? Trust me, he WILL get playing time. but not what you're looking for if what you want is goal scoring midfielders.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I think Ballotelli did think it was an offside, I'm sure that turn he did wasn't that difficult to do. He's a young but promising striker imo, but he needs to fix his attidude a lil bit.

If anyone's going to pay attention to the championship this season, then there is championship fantasy football here: http://fantasy.football-league.co.uk/Index.aspx

Also I have two liverpool midfielders! I'm hoping they get played (I reckon Meireles will, but I haven't really seen enough of Henderson to say anything on that front)

ps: Lee, do you have any idea why Newcastle keep sending Lualua out on loan? I'm not complaining since he's superb for Brighton, but I reckon he could probably do pretty well in the Newcastle first team :/

speaking of newcastle:
The Spanish left-back has refused to sign a new deal with the Magpies, prompting speculation of a move to either the Gunners or the Reds, and now it seems the last nail in Enrique’s St James’ Park coffin has finally been hammered.
Writing in Spanish on his Twitter account, the 25-year-old said: ‘The club is allowing all the major players of the team to go. Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy (Carroll), Nobby ( Kevin Nolan) etc etc.’
‘This club will never again fight to be among the top 6 again with this policy.’
Paying tribute to the Toon fans, he added: ‘I think you fans are the best and you deserve the best, not what they are doing with the club. Thanks to everyone for supporting me.’
Enrique is out of contract next summer, and until now has remained silent on his future, but despite offering him a blockbuster new deal, the defender is set to be disciplined by the Toon board who are fuming over his Twitter rant.
If he is fined, that will almost certainly signal the end of his Magpies career, and will encourage fresh interest from Liverpool and Arsenal.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footba...iverpool-bids-with-twitter-rant#ixzz1T9McgSQN
that was just vicious

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)