Ask a Simple Question, Get a Simple Answer Mark II - Read the FAQ in the Opening Post

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first set looks pretty good, but you really probably wont want to use Giga Impact. It looks good at first, but that turn it takes to recharge is the turn they'll revenge-kill him, so it's only really useful as a last-ditch effort kinda thing, and nothing's even weak to it. I also can't find how a Haxorus would learn Dragon Dance, I assume you mean Swords Dance(and if you didn't, do, it's a wonderful attack on him).
Never use a nature like modest for mixed attacking, because it lowers your attack stat, and haxorus's Special Attack is useless.

thats the first good review on one of my pokemon suggestions all day.
Have any ideas what to replace giga impact with?

then check out this

Octillery Modest
EV's 152 Speed so i can get a good hit in first
100 in Hp so i can take some hits even though his not to good in it
252 SP ATK to blow him//her out

MOVESET

Flamethrower
Water Spout
Energy Ball
Focus Energy

I know he should be a sweeper with a base atk at 105 but ima breed for highest stat SP ATK but i thought it would be an ok sweep for OU Battles cus no one will expect an octillery.

thats the first good review on one of my pokemon suggestions all day.
Have any ideas what to replace giga impact with?

then check out this

Octillery Modest
EV's 152 Speed so i can get a good hit in first
100 in Hp so i can take some hits even though his not to good in it
252 SP ATK to blow him//her out

MOVESET

Flamethrower
Water Spout
Energy Ball
Focus Energy

I know he should be a sweeper with a base atk at 105 but ima breed for highest stat SP ATK but i thought it would be an ok sweep for OU Battles cus no one will expect an octillery.
No one expects an Octillery all right, but they do expect Politoeds. And you know what they do with Politoeds? Something bad, and the result will be worse on your less bulky, slower, and generally suckier Octillery. You better be needing something like Trick Room support with that one, or use something like Choice Specs Slowbro which also has Flamethrower.

Thought about Swalot and came up with this set:

Feed Me!
Bold
- Pain Split
- Stockpile
- Acid Spray
- Ice Beam

The Ev's in HP will definitely be max'd. Should I put the remaining EV's into Def and SpD for more bulk or dump the rest into SpA since Swalot's base SpA is a measly 73?

Quick questions about natures and the like... i was wondering how many points of base speed you lose when you opt to go for a neutral nature rather than a beneficial one. Take for example an alakazam with a timid nature that reaches the max base 120 speed scale... and then if he were to go modest, what would his max base speed be then? somewhere around 105?

It's 10% for all nature related boosts. Check on Serebii for max stats for given natures on the bottom of the BW Pokedex pages; it's quite helpful.

EDIT: How do you check your PO ladder ranking?

@adman: Find your name in the list of players currently on the server, right click on it, "View Ranking" is how I do it.

I also can't find how a Haxorus would learn Dragon Dance
He learns it at level 32. Considering Haxorus' speed, I'd say that Dragon Dance is actually pretty good for him. I use it instead of Swords Dance, personally (at least when I'm not running a Choice set).

@youngster: Never, ever just randomly EV like that - if you don't know what speed stat to use, just go with 252. The on-site analysis lists 36 HP/ 252 Attack/220 Speed Adamant for Dragon Dance Haxorus sets, so that's probably the speed you'll want.

As for attacks, drop Giga Impact and Dragon Tail (Dragon Tail is more for Bulky, defensive Pokemon, which is something that Haxorus shouldn't really attempt). If you don't want to run Outrage for whatever reason, run Dual Chop (or possibly Dragon Claw) instead. Brick Break is the preferred coverage move for him after Earthquake, though he does have Rock Slide if you'd rather go that route.

The first set looks pretty good, but you really probably wont want to use Giga Impact. It looks good at first, but that turn it takes to recharge is the turn they'll revenge-kill him, so it's only really useful as a last-ditch effort kinda thing, and nothing's even weak to it. I also can't find how a Haxorus would learn Dragon Dance, I assume you mean Swords Dance(and if you didn't, do, it's a wonderful attack on him).
Never use a nature like modest for mixed attacking, because it lowers your attack stat, and haxorus's Special Attack is useless.
Haxorus learns Dragon Dance at level 32...

Edit: Ninja'd

BurningMan

fueled by beer
There is no single Pokemon that can destroy Stall completly, however Things like CB/SD Haxorus, SD Terrakion, MixMence often force Teams to sacrafice a Pokemon and can open a hole you can abuse.
Stall Break Mew and CM Reuniclus are also helpful against stall but require some support.
Toxic Spikes and a Spinner are also helpful when dealing with stall.

Yes, I'm planning for it to be in OU because I just don't like a majority of the commonly used spinners and physical walls. But I like Fossil pokemon a lot.
Anyway, he doesnt need stealth rocks because hit special wall counterpart empoleon has it. Knock off has worked successfully so far, and his physical bulk is nice, he's only 2HKO'd by a +2 Excadrill, and can 2HKO the excadrill with aqua tail. If I do replace protect in there, what do I remove? I find knock off useful for mons that depend on an item. Like hitting gliscor on the switch in >:D. But what would I replace for protect if so?
If you really need aqua tail for excadrill, then X-scissors should go away, IMO.

zero2exe

Veteran Breeder - Expert Translator
is a Contributor Alumnus
Any suggestions for an ingame Eelektrik/Eelektross set? I'm about to enter victory road and I'm not sure which TMs are available that I should consider.
My current team is: samurott, Ferrothorn, Excadrill, Sawk, Eelektrik.
Btw, is there any good HM slave that can use Fly in 5th gen (I really miss tropius now T-T) ?

If you really need aqua tail for excadrill, then X-Scissors should go away, IMO.
I changed the set around a bit more.

Armaldo (M) @ Leftovers Trait: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Rapid Spin
- Knock Off
- Protect
- Low Kick

He can take physical hits pretty well, spin and knock off for needed mons, protect to distrupt and get free healing, and Low Kick for some coverage. Notably, low kick OHKO's Ttar. It surprises sand teams on their lead when I do that >:D

BurningMan (or anyone else who knows), is PO allowing you to use Shadow Tag Chandelure in standard OU? I know you said unreleased DW abilities were allowed, but I heard that ST Chandelure was banned in DW (Or I could've misread the post and it meant it was banned in only PO's DW tier, but not Smogon's DW tier) so I was curious if it allows it in standard.

Unreleased abilities are not allowed in standard OU. I don't know where you heard that.
Oh, I read it in the "Smogon server is now back up" thread, AJC said there were no scripts active and Burning said he fought DW Serperior in Standard/Wifi

Edit: Oh, it was just the Wi-Fi ladder (Never used PO, so excuse any mixing-up of the names for these things)

Does Victini benefit from both Fusion Flare and Fusion Bolt on its moveset?

I.e. switch back and forth between them to get 200 Base Power (in Fusion Flare's Case, 300 with STAB + Sun = 450). Or does it have to be a partner using them in the same turn...

Fusion Flare would have more power than V-Create.

@adman: Find your name in the list of players currently on the server, right click on it, "View Ranking" is how I do it.

He learns it at level 32. Considering Haxorus' speed, I'd say that Dragon Dance is actually pretty good for him. I use it instead of Swords Dance, personally (at least when I'm not running a Choice set).

@youngster: Never, ever just randomly EV like that - if you don't know what speed stat to use, just go with 252. The on-site analysis lists 36 HP/ 252 Attack/220 Speed Adamant for Dragon Dance Haxorus sets, so that's probably the speed you'll want.

As for attacks, drop Giga Impact and Dragon Tail (Dragon Tail is more for Bulky, defensive Pokemon, which is something that Haxorus shouldn't really attempt). If you don't want to run Outrage for whatever reason, run Dual Chop (or possibly Dragon Claw) instead. Brick Break is the preferred coverage move for him after Earthquake, though he does have Rock Slide if you'd rather go that route.

ok so Haxorus ADAMENT
EV's 252 speed 120 ATK 36 HP

Moveset
dragon dance
Dragon Tail
EQUake
Brick Beak

the coverage with the dragon stab is redundant and unless you need it to hit a specific target its not worth it over other coverage options.
So what offensive moves should Lati@s use aside of their Dragon STAB? Would Draco meteor/Surf/Psyshock/Recover work?
(Also note that I seriously oppose the HP Fire mania)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)